NFL - SUPERBOWL

All done now...

Im very surprised to see which teams are still in....

I am going to be disappointed if the Giants don't make the superbowl now as I dont think there are any teams in the NFC better than the Giants left. I know im biased but anyone think I am wrong ? That said I am expecting a very hard game on Sunday....we beat the Eagles at their ground and then they beat us at ours but we had pretty much a full team reserves in the last quarter and they only did us with a field goal so confidence is high :)

My biggest fear is the dip a couple of weeks ago and the off week this week may play a part...also keeping Jacobs fit....

I think the Steelers in the AFC are a team to worry about...

I reckon we might have a Steelers and Giants Superbowl....

We should have a sweep. Eagles Giants next week should be a cracker.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS TO CHAD PENNINGTON WHO WON COMEBACK PLAYER FOR A 2ND TIME

WELL DESERVED BEING GREAT THIS SEASON

WONDER IF JETS WILL KEEP FAVRE NOW SEEING AS THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AFTER HAVING THE LEAD IN THE AFC EAST ???

Yeah congrats Chad on all those interceptions. Waste of a playoff spot.

I too think that Manning should have won the MVP as he is far better than a player in exactly the same position with lesser players scoring more points, more yards and being a much better passer (percentage) this year. In fact I think he came almost better than second too. Yes, he's a shoe in, as I'm sure Rummy agrees.

Isn't the MVP award for the best player in the NFL? Well, my (inexperienced) take on it, is that the best players help their teams into the post season. Brees was not that player this year. It also looks like QB's are the sexy pick - and invariably not players who do the dirty yards and get stuck in - like the All-Madden team. If I was to be a footballer I'd be a safety, in fact I enjoy the defensive game rather than the offensive if that makes any sense - not that Nawlins had one - but there you go. So given all that twaddle, I'd go for Ravens safety Ed Reed for MVP - plus he was on fire yesterday...

...and on a completely different subject the Rose Bowl is a pile of bollocksyarsewank.

Texas Tech had a great fightback in the Cotton Bowl, but Ole Miss held on for the win...

All done now...

Im very surprised to see which teams are still in....

I am going to be disappointed if the Giants don't make the superbowl now as I dont think there are any teams in the NFC better than the Giants left. I know im biased but anyone think I am wrong ? That said I am expecting a very hard game on Sunday....we beat the Eagles at their ground and then they beat us at ours but we had pretty much a full team reserves in the last quarter and they only did us with a field goal so confidence is high :)

My biggest fear is the dip a couple of weeks ago and the off week this week may play a part...also keeping Jacobs fit....

I think the Steelers in the AFC are a team to worry about...

I reckon we might have a Steelers and Giants Superbowl....

Next week will be really really tough. NFC East games are rally tough to call, you could flip a coin for most of them. Eagles are firing. They are very streaky, but they are currently on a hot streak.

Having said that, if they Giants play their best, we win. If the Giants play their best for the next 3 games, we win the league again...unfortunately its not that simple!

I was praying for a Vikings win yesterday, no disrespect to Arizona, but I wanted them up in Jersey next week. Out of that nice warm indoor arena they have, into a cold windy New Jersey afternoon. That wont affect the Eagles, and with it being such an intense rivalry, this game is really dangerous....Should be a cracker!

How can you all watch the NFL? Quite boring, in my honest opinion. Collegiate football is more exciting. :)

Except for the NFL playoffs ... I do watch those often.

College Football is very entertaining, if what is being said here is true - I'll be watching more of it.

Go Texas Tech!

AT&T Cotton Bowl

Ole Miss

MidtownReb.gif

vs.

Texas Tech

TexasTech50.gif

Dallas Cotton Bowl

Jan. 2, 2009, 2 p.m. FOX

Kicks off in about 5 hours (?), I think it's live on NASN

How can you all watch the NFL? Quite boring, in my honest opinion. Collegiate football is more exciting. :)

See above, I think OldhamSheridan watches it too...

Everytime I have watched college football, I always seem to pick really one sided games. And the players look too small. And the marching bands do my head in.

Everytime I have watched college football, I always seem to pick really one sided games. And the players look too small. And the marching bands do my head in.

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

Piss poor yankie marching bands....its not big and its not clever :D

Edited by oafc0000

Ah well, can't please 'em all. I love college football, been a season ticket holder at Alabama for several years now.

Isn't this a lovely site, though? Took it earlier in the season.

92,138 people ... soon to expand to 100,000+.

23rlk52.jpg

and the bands aren't terrible, but i could do without them. just something to fill up 15 minutes at halftime.

Edited by Latics

Ah well, can't please 'em all. I love college football, been a season ticket holder at Alabama for several years now.

Isn't this a lovely site, though? Took it earlier in the season.

92,138 people ... soon to expand to 100,000+.

23rlk52.jpg

and the bands aren't terrible, but i could do without them. just something to fill up 15 minutes at halftime.

Looks great :)

Watching bands when there is beer to drink...tut tut... That said, its $8 at the Medowlands for a beer :lol:

Looks great :)

Watching bands when there is beer to drink...tut tut... That said, its $8 at the Medowlands for a beer :lol:

two problems.

1. Beer/other alcohol isn't allowed at SEC (Southeastern Conference) games. Though it's rather easy to sneak in.

2. I'm not 21... :unsure:

Edited by Latics

two problems.

1. Beer/other alcohol isn't allowed at SEC (Southeastern Conference) games. Though it's rather easy to sneak in.

2. I'm not 21... :unsure:

I reckon that's pretty much the regulation for any college game, not just the SEC.

#2Florida - #1Oklahoma for the National Championship tonite, should be a cracker. Can I assume that you won't be rooting for the Gators?

The college game is alright so long as you recognise it for what it is, a bunch of kids playing american football. The shifts in the game are more so, the penalties more stupid, the defensive discipline not any way near as good. However it does throw up stupidly good games every so often (the USC v Texas game is possibly the best game I've seen with an inspired Vince Young beating the much fancied partnership of Leinart and Bush 41-38).

The main problem I have is the number of bowls that are played is just plain stupid. I still haven't caught up yet (I've just passed the Alabama v Utah game). How many is it now? 34? Just far too many.

Thought that Alabama game was one of the better ones. The first quarter Utah were immense and that should have finished the game, but it was up in the air for a fair while and a pretty good game.

The Texas Tech game was a bit of a mauling after having a very healthy start. I don't think there was a play in the second half when Ole Miss didn't blitz. TT played one screen play in the game which was successful, then didn't go with it again. I couldn't understand it at all.

The Florida game has the makings of a corker, and I'm firmly in the Florida camp for that one.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I reckon that's pretty much the regulation for any college game, not just the SEC.

#2Florida - #1Oklahoma for the National Championship tonite, should be a cracker. Can I assume that you won't be rooting for the Gators?

Well, I know Louisiana State fans seem to be drunk at every game. But there are some conferences who do sell beer. And anytime they use an NFL stadium (like Alabama used the Georgia Dome to open the season), they'll sell beer.

And for the National Championship ... I really don't know. I probably won't watch much of it, and don't care too much as to who wins it. But I wouldn't mind if Oklahoma won. :)

Thought that Alabama game was one of the better ones. The first quarter Utah were immense and that should have finished the game, but it was up in the air for a fair while and a pretty good game.

But as an Alabama fan, it killed me. :P

College Football is a weird thing I think if Sky showed it I would watch it (when at my parents house), but since its on NASN I won't. It does seem that College Football is best when its in an area with no other football teams, (and in many cases no other sports teams). I'm guessing Alabama is based in Birmingham, which has a population around the 1million mark, but as far as I can recall there are no teams in the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB in Alabama and so it has a fairly good catchment area with not a lot of competition (so can fill a 100,000 stadium for what is a bit like Youth team football). Its the same with Oklaoma, Nebraska and a few other teams which do well consistently. If I was in the States and got my timing right I'd take in a game for sure, just to see how university sport is done when it is done properly (something they don't do very well in this country IMHO). One thing I do like about College football is that they do seem more willing to run trick plays, something I like, and there does seem to be more points scored. College Football, however, does poise one problem as you get some people graduating from college with a degree (because they go on football scholarships) who would struggle to get 5 A*-Cs at GCSE in this country, so the knock on effect is a lot of jobs require a degree when really they don't.

College Football is a weird thing I think if Sky showed it I would watch it (when at my parents house), but since its on NASN I won't. It does seem that College Football is best when its in an area with no other football teams, (and in many cases no other sports teams). I'm guessing Alabama is based in Birmingham, which has a population around the 1million mark, but as far as I can recall there are no teams in the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB in Alabama and so it has a fairly good catchment area with not a lot of competition (so can fill a 100,000 stadium for what is a bit like Youth team football). Its the same with Oklaoma, Nebraska and a few other teams which do well consistently. If I was in the States and got my timing right I'd take in a game for sure, just to see how university sport is done when it is done properly (something they don't do very well in this country IMHO). One thing I do like about College football is that they do seem more willing to run trick plays, something I like, and there does seem to be more points scored. College Football, however, does poise one problem as you get some people graduating from college with a degree (because they go on football scholarships) who would struggle to get 5 A*-Cs at GCSE in this country, so the knock on effect is a lot of jobs require a degree when really they don't.

Alabama is actually based in Tuscaloosa, though used to play big games in Birmingham. However, Legion Field (the stadium in Birmingham) has basically fallen apart--they had to take down the upper deck because it was on the verge of falling on its own.

;)

There are no major professional sports teams in Alabama, though they do have minor league teams. For the most part, there are very few sport teams in the southeast states with the exception of the NFL which has quite a few teams.

I think it was Miami, because thats how they have played all season, and the Ravens weren't being fooled by any of it.

Yeah. Miami is really the only team who uses trick plays on a regular basis, since they're one of the few teams who has the players to do it. But, as you can tell by the score, trick plays don't work well when you face a tough defence, such as that of the Ravens.