NFL - SUPERBOWL

Eli has been the major issue tonight... closely followed by a weak set of receivers...

Another but less obvious failure tonight was the defence over playing the blitz...we have to mix it up guys... Leaving receivers in single coverage and not getting a sack is good night and goodbye...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli has been the major issue tonight... closely followed by a weak set of receivers...

Another but less obvious failure tonight was the defence over playing the blitz...we have to mix it up guys... Leaving receivers in single coverage and not getting a sack is good night and goodbye...

As if Steve Smith has just done that!

Agree completely.

We definitely need to replace Burress. Not wanting to make excuses, but no Burress means they don't have to double team him, which leaves the opposition defence with spare guys to stop other players. I thought Burress shooting himself would affect us in the playoffs, but didn't realise how much it would affect us.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

the giants were terrible and im not suprised. i think its safe to say that if you have a choice it would be better to come into the playoffs having to win the last few games to get there rather than claim your spot in week 12 like the titans and giants.

its gonna be a couple of great matches next week with arizona's offence with 2 class recievers in it against the eagles defence which has probably the best secondary in the league.

and in the other game i think who's ever defence shades it will take their place in the superbowl.

i wouldnt like to have to call either of the games!!!

the giants were terrible and im not suprised. i think its safe to say that if you have a choice it would be better to come into the playoffs having to win the last few games to get there rather than claim your spot in week 12 like the titans and giants.

its gonna be a couple of great matches next week with arizona's offence with 2 class recievers in it against the eagles defence which has probably the best secondary in the league.

and in the other game i think who's ever defence shades it will take their place in the superbowl.

i wouldnt like to have to call either of the games!!!

Eagles v Ravens, probably the dullest Superbowl in the world..

can anyone who watched the florida match tell me how brandon spikes played? bein a broncos fan we definitly need a major overhaul on the defence and spikes is one of the better linebackers in the draft this year and a lot of people are expecting us to make a few trades to get another 1st round pick to go for him.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case you didn't know, he's returning to school next year.

Apparently, I'm being told by my American Saints chums that we Saints fans should be backing Arizona. Go Cards!

...I'd predicted and hoped for a Cards Saints match up in the NFC Championship game. Obviously, we won't be there. It's hard not to like Warner and Boldin, and now that I know our pain lasts another year, I'm throwing my support towards the second best scoring offense for the playoff run. If they can make it to the big dance it'll leave it down to just us and the Lions without a Superbowl appearance. Who's everyone else pulling for in the NFC now that we're out?

I'm pretty sure I've just aged thirty odd years. Is this what the post season is like all the time?

What music do you think will be on my radio when my alarm goes off and I wake up from this?

We are the Champions by Queen presumably. The good thing for you now is that even if you dont win the Superbowl, you are still NFC Champions, which felt pretty good for me last year.

Wow, that game was amazing.

Am glad I can now support an NFC team in the Superbowl :D

+1

Steve left today for the St Louis Rams (wtf!!)....

While he as now cemented his place in Giants history forever since working out how to beat the Pats I am glasd he is on is way to be honest. I think we got found out and Steve had little answer. We massivly overused the blitz etc... Im looking forward to "hopefully" seeing some new ideas being implemented next term...

Another note on Steve I think he will be a ace head coach but the Rams is a big ask! Hopefully he will get the time he needs. Good luck Steve!

I think the Steelers are clear faves for the Super Bowl so I have the great honor of supporting the underdogs :)

I'm pretty sure I've just aged thirty odd years. Is this what the post season is like all the time?

What music do you think will be on my radio when my alarm goes off and I wake up from this?

Pretty much yeah :) The conference championship games are usally far better than the superbowl :)

+1

Steve left today for the St Louis Rams (wtf!!)....

While he as now cemented his place in Giants history forever since working out how to beat the Pats I am glasd he is on is way to be honest. I think we got found out and Steve had little answer. We massivly overused the blitz etc... Im looking forward to "hopefully" seeing some new ideas being implemented next term...

Another note on Steve I think he will be a ace head coach but the Rams is a big ask! Hopefully he will get the time he needs. Good luck Steve!

I think the Steelers are clear faves for the Super Bowl so I have the great honor of supporting the underdogs :)

Spags was great. Dont think we really got found out defensively, we were still pretty solid, in the end the offence just wasn't producing and putting the D under too much strain. To think how well we did after losing Strahan and Umenyiora, I think we still did well. But like you say, it will be good to see some fresh ideas, I just hope the new defensive co-ordinator has as much success.

I think you could level the being found out accusation at Kevin Gilbride...once Plax shot himself he didnt seem to know how to adjust.

I think Spags could do really well with the Rams. If he can sort the defence out (massive problem, 2nd most points against this year), and get some protection for Marc Bulger then they should be ok. I rate Bulger, but he gets so little protection that he is always going to struggle. Rams will have some good draft picks, and if he has picked up any tips during his time with the Giants, then you would expect them to draft well. I hope he does the business for them.

Steelers are massive faves for the Superbowl. They have a good claim at being this years best team, they had the toughest schedule of any team since the merger, and finished ranked 2nd. However, Arizona have been big underdogs in every playoff game this year. Much like last years Giants, they just keep getting it done. If the Superbowl is half as good as last years then it will be awesome.

If the Steelers can stop big Larry then they will win easily (sorry OS). If not then this could be a very good game but I think the Steelers will still win but by only 4-5 points. Am I right in thinking it will be on the Beeb again this year, as although they have that idiot Humphrey presenting it they usually have good coverage (and it is usually online).

Have little or no interest in American Football. But watching the Pens v Rangers hockey on Sunday afternoon...apparently the Pens and the Steelers always support eachother and show highlights of eachothers games on their screens etc. There were a lot of 'terrible towels' being swung as well at the game...perhaps someone can englighten me as to their significance, but from what I could gather they did bear some relation to the Steelers game in the evening. Marc-Andre Fleury also donned a Steelers helmet after his shut-out in support of the team...so if MAF wants them to win, then I do too. :grin:

At least someone in Pittsburgh could win something this year. Sigh...

Edited by jsslatic