NFL - SUPERBOWL

Chelsea my backside. The salary cap means there can't be a Chelsea.

:lol:

That's got to be the funniest thing I have read on this thread :D

Its funny how certain players property portfolios suddenly increase when they sign for certain teams :D

Technically if caught and proved they can be done for it....but there are very many ways and means that money moves around :) Everyone knows it :D

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

That's got to be the funniest thing I have read on this thread :D

Its funny how certain players property portfolios suddenly increase when they sign for certain teams :D

Technically if caught and proved they can be done for it....but there are very many ways and means that money moves around :) Everyone knows it :D

The Patriots have had to let some quality players go in recent times because of the salary cap. Terry Glenn, Asante Samuel, Deion Branch to name but a few. That wouldn't happen over here.

Chelsea my backside. The salary cap means there can't be a Chelsea.

I didnt mean moneywise, I meant in the way that people dislike them and its a pretty recent thing. In the USA, everyone hates Dallas because they are just like Man U (fans from all over the country because they have a history of success/majority of fans are mongs), whereas the Patriots success is relatively recent (like Chelsea), and they have this cheating streak (like Chelsea) and are quite arrogant (like Chelsea).

I didnt mean moneywise, I meant in the way that people dislike them and its a pretty recent thing. In the USA, everyone hates Dallas because they are just like Man U (fans from all over the country because they have a history of success/majority of fans are mongs), whereas the Patriots success is relatively recent (like Chelsea), and they have this cheating streak (like Chelsea) and are quite arrogant (like Chelsea).

Ha. I like that. I don't think they're arrogant though. I think there's a lot of jealousy floating about because they were just an average club who over achieved.

cheers for that.

if that happens then teams like cleveland and cincinatti will struggle like hell to attract top players.

Yeah, definitely. And teams like Dallas, both NY Teams, Miami, NE, Pittsburgh etc... (basically anyone in a large market) would dominate. It would ruin the league because it would end up like the Prem, with big clubs at the top and the little guys struggling.

to be honest now that its being discussed i can only see it happening. theres very little loyalty in the nfl its all about the money (similar to the prem i know but they dont try and deny it.) i suppose it was always going to happen one day the question was just when.

Yeah, definitely. And teams like Dallas, both NY Teams, Miami, NE, Pittsburgh etc... (basically anyone in a large market) would dominate. It would ruin the league because it would end up like the Prem, with big clubs at the top and the little guys struggling.

Very true.... and why I think when push comes to shove the salary cap will be preserved... The NFL is only so good because on "any given sunday" anyone can beat anyone...

The draft and the cap are what keeps the league interesting and watchable...

I dont watch the Premiership anymore... In fact I hardly watch soccer any more outside of latic home games... Its just all :censored: now... So hope the NFL dosent go down that road...

Edited by oafc0000

Very true.... and why I think when push comes to shove the salary cap will be preserved... The NFL is only so good because on "any given sunday" anyone can beat anyone...

The draft and the cap are what keeps the league interesting and watchable...

I dont watch the Premiership anymore... In fact I hardly watch soccer any more outside of latic home games... Its just all :censored: now... So hope the NFL dosent go down that road...

I hope your right. I just hope they can resist going that way but wont be suprised if they cant. i think at the very least they will raise the salary cap to a level where some teams can afford to go to the maximum spending and others will struggle to.

It wil be an interesting year until something is agreed.

been awesome in the last 8 or 9 games. and to think there was people who were debating weather he was past his best. iv always thought he was the best in the league. i know brady is class to but there's something about manning which when he gets on a roll he's nearly impossible to stop.

I've been watching plenty of Sports Center and the like. The latest I've heard is that they want people to be able to 'mortgage' the cap from one season to the next.

So if you over spend by $30m in 08-09 you have to be $30m under in 09-10. The idea being you could bring someone in over the budget part way thru the season if you're looking at making the playoffs. When you see the Yankees paying out a $160m+ deal (it might've been more, i cant remember) you have to question why Football wants to move that way.

You never know. You might get a no-play season like the NHL had two years ago when they couldn't agree on the CBA, then the players come to Europe to keep fit and play for the claymores or whatever that London team used to be called.

I think it's an awful idea which is typical of American shortsightedness. But that's that.

They're also thinking of allowing cash trades too which is another crap idea.

AFC Wildcard

IND @ SD - Colts(12-4) it's a banker. Chargers(8-8) are here due to chance...

BAL @ MIA - Nice and warm for the teams. Ravens(11-5) have already done the Phins(11-5) on the road, but that was back in October and Miami are on a roll. It's close but I'm going for the Ravens, who have done very well down south.

NFC Wildcard

PHI @ MIN - Philly(9-6-1) by a mile, getting stronger and stronger a real threat to the G-Men for the NFC Championship. Vikings(10-6) have not shown great ability and are the best of a fairly weak division.

ATL @ ARI - Bit of a meh game this, I know Atlanta(11-5) have been so inconsistent as have Arizona(9-7) - however due to the NFC West being very weak the Cardinals are on top of a division which has 40 losses. Also the Cards themselves have won 6 of their 9 wins from the divisional matchups. Falcons for me.

So there you have it Colts, Ravens, Eagles, and the Falcons.

If I'm right that's BAL @ TEN and IND @ PIT from the AFC and ATL @ CAR and PHI @ NYG in the NFC.

*rip, rip, tear, rip...*

Any guesses what Colts #55 Session was saying to the camera after the game! :lol:

1175v1c.gif

*rip, rip, tear, rip...*

Any guesses what Colts #55 Session was saying to the camera after the game! :lol:

1175v1c.gif

No idea what he was saying but he looked angry!

Thats both of my predictions wrong. Hope Minnesota beat Philly tonight, would prefer to play Arizona in the next round over a divisional rival.

With the Colts-Chargers game, in that OT drive, how many stupid penalties did the Colts want to give them? And going with an empty backfield at 3rd and 2 deep in your own half...what a bizarre play call.

Well im with you both my predictions were wrong so what the hell do i know :lol:

I expect the eagles to win tonight but i'll probably be totally wrong!! The miami and ravens game should be a good one. no idea who will win that. The ravens have an awesome defence and the dolphins have an offense that try and do the unexpected so i think i'll enjoy watchin that one.

Oh, another fine day. It must be harsh being a fan of one of them there good teams out of the competition like Indianapolis, New England or Atlanta. I'm sorry as a Cardinals fan, that my side isn't bought on a pile of lies and that we are still in it. We will of course lose as soon as possible so that better teams can be in our place.

NB. I too think that Manning should have won the MVP as he is far better than a player in exactly the same position with lesser players scoring more points, more yards and being a much better passer (percentage) this year. In fact I think he came almost better than second too. Yes, he's a shoe in, as I'm sure Rummy agrees.

All done now...

Im very surprised to see which teams are still in....

I am going to be disappointed if the Giants don't make the superbowl now as I dont think there are any teams in the NFC better than the Giants left. I know im biased but anyone think I am wrong ? That said I am expecting a very hard game on Sunday....we beat the Eagles at their ground and then they beat us at ours but we had pretty much a full team reserves in the last quarter and they only did us with a field goal so confidence is high :)

My biggest fear is the dip a couple of weeks ago and the off week this week may play a part...also keeping Jacobs fit....

I think the Steelers in the AFC are a team to worry about...

I reckon we might have a Steelers and Giants Superbowl....