NFL - SUPERBOWL

All this NFC business is irrelelvant any way. The dark horse is starting to gallop in the AFC East...

It's going to be an intersting Finale that's for sure, but if there's a threat from the AFC it's from the Steelers, stingy defense has seen them through - but even though their D is tighter than cramp, Roethlisberger doesn't seem to be a very inspiriational QB. They fail moving the chains - ave 200.5 pass yd (17th) - ave 102.9 rush yards (23rd), 22 pts average (26th) - Got beat off Philly, and the Giants - with only the Colts beating them from the AFC in this seasons regular schedule (PIT-TEN to come don't forget - should be a belter), can't see anybody from the AFC East challenging for the conference. As I've said before, it's very, very interesting...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another defeat for the Giants... We look poor without Burress and Jacobs.... Awful pass protection, no running game and no threat down the field... Its all going pete tong :(

Wrong time in the year to be having these issues... Next week is going to be interesting...

I havent seen the game, planned on avoiding the score and watch it tonight, but then i got a text saying something along the lnes of "was good to see you get stuffed... etc", so guessed there isnt much point in watching it!

The result wasnt too much of a surprise, like last week. Playing deserate teams who are big rivals, whereas we have doe most of the hard work. Next week is a big game now, and the great thing about Manning is that he always reacts well after a big dissapointment. Last year aganst the Vikings he threw 4 picks, 3 returned for TD's, and he reacted by going on to win the Superbowl. Earlier this year he thre 3 picks against Cleveland, and reacted by winning 6 (or was it 7?) straight. Last night he was sacked times, so i wouldnt bet against hm havig a day next sunday.

It is the wrong time o year to have these problems though, and hopefully we can sort it.

At the moment, if i hd o put money on anyone, it would be the Steelers. Last 2 weeks they have had it real tough, and they have come through both times. Plush they have a QB who has the experience of going all the way.

Top 20 2009 Draft Prospects....

1. Andre Smith, Offensive Tackle, Alabama

2. Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma

3. Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, Texas Tech

4. Matt Stafford, Quarterback, Georgia

5. Michael Oher, Offensive Tackle, Mississippi

6. Malcolm Jenkins, Cornerback, Ohio State

7. Aaron Curry, Outside Linebacker, Wake Forest

8. Chris “Beanie” Wells, Halfback, Ohio State

9. James Laurinaitis, Inside Linebacker, Ohio State

10. Rey Maualuga, Inside Linebacker, USC

11. Eugene Monroe, Offensive Tackle, Virginia

12. Taylor Mays, Free Safety, USC

13. Brandon Spikes, Inside Linebacker, Florida

14. Jermaine Gresham, Tight End, Oklahoma

15. Knowshon Moreno, Halfback, Georgia

16. D.J. Moore, Cornerback, Vanderbilt

17. Jeremy Maclin, Wide Receiver, Missouri

18. Brian Cushing, Outside Linebacker, USC

19. Gerald McCoy, Defensive Tackle, Oklahoma

20. Percy Harvin, Wide Receiver, Florida

Props to Crabtree - he's been immense for Texas Tech...

No Tebow, I quote:

Most NFL analysts do not believe Tebow will be a high pick in the draft, regardless of when he comes out, because he's not considered a prototypical NFL passer. ESPN's Todd McShay, director of college football scouting for Scouts Inc., said recently that he doesn't believe Tebow will be drafted in either the first or second round if he leaves Florida.

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Giants are back!!

Earth, Wind and Fire :D

Ward was amazing! Defence back, running game back, pass protection back.... Number 1 seed! Home field advantage :)

Awesome game :)

Can take it easy next week now :)

It'll be a crying shame if the Pats don't get in. They're on fire again.

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Giants are back!!

Earth, Wind and Fire :D

Ward was amazing! Defence back, running game back, pass protection back.... Number 1 seed! Home field advantage :)

Awesome game :)

Can take it easy next week now :)

It was a pretty amazing game, the second half performance was fantastic.

Jacobs back in and all off a sudden we are dominating teams again. Jacobs pounded the hell out of them, they were worn down, and Ward exploited them perfectly. Home field advantage, number 1 seed in the NFC, and a much needed week off at the beginning of January. Think we really need that to rest guys up and get them healthy for the first playoff game.

Cowboys will make it if they beat Philly, I hope they dont, because they will be very dangerous if they do make it.

Thought the Panthers looked very good in the 1st half last night, they have the weapons, and will be tough in the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think Colts hitting form at the right time, and Ravens look good, but both will be Wildcards and its hard to win the thing from that position. Think Titans looked good last night, and if the Steelers hit form then they are very tough to beat.

The playoffs will be very intersting this year!

It was a pretty amazing game, the second half performance was fantastic.

Jacobs back in and all off a sudden we are dominating teams again. Jacobs pounded the hell out of them, they were worn down, and Ward exploited them perfectly. Home field advantage, number 1 seed in the NFC, and a much needed week off at the beginning of January. Think we really need that to rest guys up and get them healthy for the first playoff game.

Cowboys will make it if they beat Philly, I hope they dont, because they will be very dangerous if they do make it.

Thought the Panthers looked very good in the 1st half last night, they have the weapons, and will be tough in the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think Colts hitting form at the right time, and Ravens look good, but both will be Wildcards and its hard to win the thing from that position. Think Titans looked good last night, and if the Steelers hit form then they are very tough to beat.

The playoffs will be very intersting this year!

You wouldnt bet against a Titans v Giants final at the moment though would you....

I think Dallas are the danger team in the NFC... If they make it they do have the tools to do it and they have that chip on the shoulder we had last year...can they make the most of it though ? They would also need Romo to keep solid...

Edited by oafc0000

Props to the Titans, didn't think they would do that against PItsburgh - Steelers were my fantasy defense so not happy with them! San Diego @ Denver should be a good matchup next week, MIA-NYJ and DAL-PHI, all good...

I'm glad we didn't slip up against the Lions, that'd just cap off the season that would - Breezy has got to pass over 400 yards next week against Carolina to beat Dan Marino's record. I can't see it myself, if Brees is passing that much in a game our ground has failed, and we're probably getting whalloped. Geaux Saints.

Props to Crabtree - he's been immense for Texas Tech...

No Tebow, I quote:

I can see what they are saying about Tebow as he doesn't exactly fit the prototype of an NFL quarterback, but it is not like ones of that sort hasn't made it before. He is still the best quarterback coming out of the college system and if it wasn't for dodgy voting from West Coast folks would be a double Heisman winner. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in the top few come draft-time. Then again I'm very surprised that others don't think so already.

(a) No it wouldn't.

(b.) Did you see who you were playing. :o

LOL.

To be fair, the Patriots have had a very easy schedule, and when they have played anyone good they have lost. Even if they get it, I think either of the wildcard teams would beat them....though on any given sunday and all that!

i really fancy the colts now they have got some of their best players back and are on a roll. i really hope denver beat the chargers on sunday (its gonna be a late one though staying up and watching that.) we need to sort out the defense in the off season with the draft.

i really fancy the colts now they have got some of their best players back and are on a roll. i really hope denver beat the chargers on sunday (its gonna be a late one though staying up and watching that.) we need to sort out the defense in the off season with the draft.

Manning vs Manning...now that would be awesome!

Manning vs Manning...now that would be awesome!

definitly. at the start of the season Peyton looked like he maybe goin downhill a little but the last 7 weeks or so he's been playing like he did when he threw 49 TD's a few years ago. Eli on the other hand has just been consistently good and if i had to put a bet on which 2 teams end up in the superbowl it would definitly be these 2.

Great....

Got the play off picture I wanted! Going to be hard but I think the teams in the NFC champ race are all more than beatable by the Giants and I dont think there is anyone better than the Giants in the AFC. We are really in with a shot! All this said every team is good and will be hard to beat.

Im not counting my chickens as its a long way off BUT im very happy and confident going into the new year!

Key for the giants is keeping Bradon Jacobs healthy....

Great....

Got the play off picture I wanted! Going to be hard but I think the teams in the NFC champ race are all more than beatable by the Giants and I dont think there is anyone better than the Giants in the AFC. We are really in with a shot! All this said every team is good and will be hard to beat.

Im not counting my chickens as its a long way off BUT im very happy and confident going into the new year!

Key for the giants is keeping Bradon Jacobs healthy....

11-5 and not in. Ludicrous.

11-5 and not in. Ludicrous.

Thems the rules. Patriots should know the rules, they break enough of them!

Very impressed with the Giants second string in the second half last night, good to see us taking a team with everything to play for right to the wire. Keep Jacobs fit and we will be tough to beat. The team I am most worried about is the Eagles, they have looked good recently.