Injuries

Im wondering if there is a bit of mind games going on for Saturday. If you read between the lines of whats been printed and what Shez actually said on his interview.... Hughes felt a twinge (took off for precaution) and shez didnt mention that Taylor hasd a hamstring problem, but a sore leg/thigh??? A friend of mine spends a lot of time with Hughes and I understand that he is waiting forresults before doing any running, and its not the same groin he had surgery on, just what I have been told.

Im wondering if there is a bit of mind games going on for Saturday. If you read between the lines of whats been printed and what Shez actually said on his interview.... Hughes felt a twinge (took off for precaution) and shez didnt mention that Taylor hasd a hamstring problem, but a sore leg/thigh??? A friend of mine spends a lot of time with Hughes and I understand that he is waiting forresults before doing any running, and its not the same groin he had surgery on, just what I have been told.

Good news if its not his same groin, hopefully should only be out a week.

it's some sort of good news if it's not the same injury. However what it does show for me is that Hughsey will be stop start with injuries. It was more than a twinge cos we spotted he was in trouble straight away and he was struggling with it.

at the end of the day though

it isnt the first time this season a player has been injured (kieron lee injured in pre season remember)

it sure as hell wont be the last time either

we need to stop moaning and get on with things.

end of really

Hey Carl - with things going well on the pitch in the league, we need something to moan about :grin:

Injuries - it just ain't fair... :angry:

Injuries are part & parcel of the game.

RoboPhysio has come in to a great fanfare, but i believe he will pay for himself as long as he cuts down on the number of injuries from last year; i don't expect him to stop them altogether as that is basically impossible.

Niggles & tweaks will always occur no matter how hard you try to rule out the possibliltes; its a long hard season afterall.

Taylor to be risked on sat; with a sub if its not working or he feels it early doors - the form he's in I think he's got to be worth a gamble. Gregan to be thrown straight in, i expect him to be 100%. I wouldn't let Hughesy anywhere near the squad TBH as i think we need to cotton wool him through this groin tweak - he showed last season how stop / start he can be if he's not looked after.

Time for Davis to rise up again - i was impressed with his work rate on tues night, just his decision making at times is so damm frustrating. O'Grady & Davis up top for me as Lewis had a mare on tues and should be benching for it on sat.

Anyhow, hope we get the 3 points vs the BinDippers & stick another to Rocket Ronnie!!!

RoboPhysio has come in to a great fanfare, but i believe he will pay for himself as long as he cuts down on the number of injuries from last year; i don't expect him to stop them altogether as that is basically impossible.

Niggles & tweaks will always occur no matter how hard you try to rule out the possibliltes; its a long hard season afterall.

Taylor to be risked on sat; with a sub if its not working or he feels it early doors - the form he's in I think he's got to be worth a gamble. Gregan to be thrown straight in, i expect him to be 100%. I wouldn't let Hughesy anywhere near the squad TBH as i think we need to cotton wool him through this groin tweak - he showed last season how stop / start he can be if he's not looked after.

Time for Davis to rise up again - i was impressed with his work rate on tues night, just his decision making at times is so damm frustrating. O'Grady & Davis up top for me as Lewis had a mare on tues and should be benching for it on sat.

Anyhow, hope we get the 3 points vs the BinDippers & stick another to Rocket Ronnie!!!

Interesting that you say Lewis had a poor game on Tuesday - he was definitely out of it at Southend too - I agree that we should start with O'Grady & Davies up front if Hughes is not to be risked. Incidentally - wasn't that the front two pairing that started against Millwall? B)

Spot on, if anything Davies was trying too hard on Tuesday, I was glad that it was his work that led to the goal, he deserved that.

Guest oa_exile
Interesting that you say Lewis had a poor game on Tuesday - he was definitely out of it at Southend too - I agree that we should start with O'Grady & Davies up front if Hughes is not to be risked. Incidentally - wasn't that the front two pairing that started against Millwall? B)

TBH I think that O'Grady & Davies are too similar , would start with Lewis and Davies.

it's some sort of good news if it's not the same injury. However what it does show for me is that Hughsey will be stop start with injuries. It was more than a twinge cos we spotted he was in trouble straight away and he was struggling with it.

Just as I backed him to be the divisions leading scorer this season. Each way of course, as long as he's in the top 4 I win, odds were 18/1 with Totesport.

BBC know something we dont? from the sounds of it everyone should be fit, minus stam

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/7588627.stm

Tranmere v Oldham

Tranmere will again be without Ian Goodison who is on international duty with Jamaica.

Defender Godwin Antwi (ankle) and midfielder Gareth Edds (groin) are both doubtful after missing the Johnstone's Paint Trophy win over Stanley.

Oldham's Chris Taylor, Mark Crossley, Sean Gregan and Andy Liddell are all expected to return.

Striker Lee Hughes is expected to shake off a hamstring strain and Craig Davies is available after suspension. (although it does say hamstring strain so probably shouldnt believe them)

Edited by texas_oldham

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...anmere_v_oldham

M.E.N disagrees

Preview: Tranmere v Oldham

Fred Austin

5/ 9/2008

OLDHAM striker Lee Hughes has lost his fitness battle to be ready for the tough trip to Tranmere.

The 31-year-old injured his groin in the shock midweek Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat at home to Morecambe.

It is a massive blow to the player who made only 18 starts last season after surgery to repair similar damage.

Hughes, who has scored three goals in four games, is a key player in Oldham's bid to achieve promotion this season.

Boss John Sheridan will leave it to the last minute to decide whether Craig Davies, Chris O'Grady or Deane Smalley will partner Lewis Alessandra up front.

But the Latics will be boosted by the return of top-scorer Chris Taylor who missed the Morecambe game with a leg injury.

Sheridan will pit his wits against former Boundary Park chief Ronnie Moore as second-placed Oldham bid to extend their unbeaten run to five.

He said: "We are all a bit down after Morecambe and we will be aiming to put a smile back on people's faces."

Oldham league form: WWWD

Tranmere league form: LWLW

Key opponent: Ian Goodison - a rock at the back for Tranmere

Prediction: Tranmere 1 Oldham 1 - both teams are dangerous on their day and it should be close

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...anmere_v_oldham

M.E.N disagrees

Preview: Tranmere v Oldham

Fred Austin

5/ 9/2008

OLDHAM striker Lee Hughes has lost his fitness battle to be ready for the tough trip to Tranmere.

The 31-year-old injured his groin in the shock midweek Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat at home to Morecambe.

It is a massive blow to the player who made only 18 starts last season after surgery to repair similar damage.

Hughes, who has scored three goals in four games, is a key player in Oldham's bid to achieve promotion this season.

Boss John Sheridan will leave it to the last minute to decide whether Craig Davies, Chris O'Grady or Deane Smalley will partner Lewis Alessandra up front.

But the Latics will be boosted by the return of top-scorer Chris Taylor who missed the Morecambe game with a leg injury.

Sheridan will pit his wits against former Boundary Park chief Ronnie Moore as second-placed Oldham bid to extend their unbeaten run to five.

He said: "We are all a bit down after Morecambe and we will be aiming to put a smile back on people's faces."

Oldham league form: WWWD

Tranmere league form: LWLW

Key opponent: Ian Goodison - a rock at the back for Tranmere

Prediction: Tranmere 1 Oldham 1 - both teams are dangerous on their day and it should be close

:lol:

Yeah but the MEN just announced that the one players who is definitely missing for the tramps is playing!

... annoying hughesy is out... he would have ripped an inexperienced defence to pieces....

Oh well - over to the brains and cunning of Davies... :wink:

:lol:

Yeah but the MEN just announced that the one players who is definitely missing for the tramps is playing!

... annoying hughesy is out... he would have ripped an inexperienced defence to pieces....

Oh well - over to the brains and cunning of Davies... :wink:

Shez on LW, "i'm hoping they'll be fit". Seems like it'll be fitness tests.

Edited by oafcprozac