I think Eardley is both the most likely to go and the easiest to replace, the latter purely because he is a full back. I will be gutted when he turns out to be at least a Championship standard goalscoring central midfielder though. Logic says Hughesy's age and injuries will count against him, but he will score goals a level up and someone might just try a cheeky £300k bid for him to save their season. Taylor must be as hot a property as this division has had for a while and the price has to reflect that. He is unlike a Wellens or Beckett who other teams have envied and desired in that he could play with better players without needing to adapt his game, other than that he might not always have 3 markers

You know what, I'd actually totally forgooten about Eardley... yeah, if anyone would mind offering the odd half million for Eardley i'd be first in the queue to snap thier hands off....

See is Cardiff or Swansea might fancy £750k for Eards and Davies combined... send them home to the valleys...

... slightly flippant, and I do rate Eards more than some on here...however as is said, if its a choice between selling them to keep Hughes and Taylor... well, see ya later boys...

Would anyone want Hughes with his history though?

I think that Stockport have been just about the only club so far who ain't booed him...

Sell Davies and Eards, and keep the squad together! ;D

KtF

Joe

As if the semi-pubescent bovver boyz in the RRE wouldn't have been screaming all sorts at him if he had signed for another team instead of us - the worst of it is over now*, he's been out for over a year, and as soon as he made a defender look a prick and buried a goal he'd be a hero for whatever club he signed for. Hope it doesn't happen mind

* Apart from Millwall

Not to ask the obvious question... if your dad knew you like Henry - why did he get the next best thing and not get Henry on the back... though I'd personally always go for the old puddin'maestro...

Er I think it was what was left in the shop but then again my Dad's thought processes can be a bit random.

You know what, I'd actually totally forgooten about Eardley... yeah, if anyone would mind offering the odd half million for Eardley i'd be first in the queue to snap thier hands off....

See is Cardiff or Swansea might fancy £750k for Eards and Davies combined... send them home to the valleys...

... slightly flippant, and I do rate Eards more than some on here...however as is said, if its a choice between selling them to keep Hughes and Taylor... well, see ya later boys...

I think Eardley and Davies are both undervalued by John Toshack (and Shez to some extent) and a move to Wales (and the championship) might mean they feature more for the national side. To get promoted I think we need to keep Hughes and Taylor but we could definately sell Eardley and Davies and £750k for the pair would be £670k profit on what we paid for them and not a bad deal for us and the players. However, to go into the second half of the season with only one recognised full-back (Jones might well go) is a bit silly and I would like us to have 3 fit players capable of playing full-back full time (i.e. Stam and Reuben don't count) so if we were to sell Eardley we would have to replace him as well as keeping Jones/using Black- but he is out injured. Getting someone in who is good enough for this league and the championship will not be cheap as well, so we may have to spend almost all the money we make on selling Eardley. As for Davies, I think we can manage without (and not replace) but considering how well Stockport are doing perhaps its best to keep hold of him as you just know if he plays against us at BP he will score and that may cost us.

On his facebook he stated "..has just had an interesting phone call", followed by "doesnt know what to do"

Further messages linking him to Hull (windass exchange mentioned), West Brom, Wolves e.t.c

Anyone know anything?

Very gutted if he goes as Ive just bought a new home shirt with Hughes on the back, obviously along with the fact that that will almost definately shatter my 2nd place league prediction this year!! :angry:

Well, if it was an offer from another club, you wouldn't expect him to be mentioning it on Facebook as it would be blatent 'tapping up'

Edited by Latics & England

On his facebook he stated "..has just had an interesting phone call", followed by "doesnt know what to do"

Further messages linking him to Hull (windass exchange mentioned), West Brom, Wolves e.t.c

Anyone know anything?

Very gutted if he goes as Ive just bought a new home shirt with Hughes on the back, obviously along with the fact that that will almost definately shatter my 2nd place league prediction this year!! :angry:

The news was that someone had got his name on their shirt.

The Chron ran the story about Hiughes' release clause yesterday. Have a look at the following comment posted on its website in response:

Its winter sale time again at Latics, no one has put a bid in yet, but latics just happen to mention hes yours for 400k is it me?, Lee owes Latics nothing, they saw nothing but a cheap solution as they flout his name now for a fast buck! despite the other comment he would have found another club.

As to Chris Taylor well hes been a loyal servant to the club, and if he is to further his career he should leave the club, I for one am sick of moaning directors and the usual season garage sale, they knew the situation when they took the club on, and have done nothing i can see to entice the fans back like 1 decent signing!!! you get out what you put in and in Oldhams case thats nothing.

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 01/12/2008 16:04:37

It could be a wind up but even if it is what kind of sicko wants to do down the club and TTA like that?

The Chron ran the story about Hiughes' release clause yesterday. Have a look at the following comment posted on its website in response:

Its winter sale time again at Latics, no one has put a bid in yet, but latics just happen to mention hes yours for 400k is it me?, Lee owes Latics nothing, they saw nothing but a cheap solution as they flout his name now for a fast buck! despite the other comment he would have found another club.

As to Chris Taylor well hes been a loyal servant to the club, and if he is to further his career he should leave the club, I for one am sick of moaning directors and the usual season garage sale, they knew the situation when they took the club on, and have done nothing i can see to entice the fans back like 1 decent signing!!! you get out what you put in and in Oldhams case thats nothing.

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 01/12/2008 16:04:37

It could be a wind up but even if it is what kind of sicko wants to do down the club and TTA like that?

I was going to reply with something like...'they make you laugh don’t they, people that think like that'.... but they don’t, it’s actually sad that people have that opinion. There’s only so many times I’d be able to take comments like that with a pinch of salt if i were the TTA after everything they have done for our club!

I was going to reply with something like...'they make you laugh don’t they, people that think like that'.... but they don’t, it’s actually sad that people have that opinion. There’s only so many times I’d be able to take comments like that with a pinch of salt if i were the TTA after everything they have done for our club!

might have already been mentioned,not read the boards properly lately due to death in the family..

hughes has a 400k get out clause in his contract...so anybody deciding like said to have a punt to save there season then 400k is what we will get,none of which in my opinion would be used or given to shez,think he is going to have to settle for rest of season loans to bring players in,then if we do get up spend in the summer.

Anyone know anything?

Can you post that link?

According to the Daily Star:-

"Doncaster want Lee Hughes, to solve their striker crisis. He has rlaunched his career at Oldham after a spell in prison, but has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for £400,000."

kiss goodbye to promotion if this happens.

"Doncaster want Lee Hughes, to solve their striker crisis. He has rlaunched his career at Oldham after a spell in prison, but has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for £400,000."

What?

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

this is a joke right????????

.........the joke is when people say "if he goes we can kiss goodbye to promotion" and it's getting boring!

totally agree, if we create chances we will score goals, we are not a one man team.

he is a very good player but we could cope without him and may have to.

people said the same about wellens, now most would prefer allott

life goes on..................although please dont leave us lee :grin:

totally agree, if we create chances we will score goals, we are not a one man team.

he is a very good player but we could cope without him and may have to.

people said the same about wellens, now most would prefer allott

life goes on..................although please dont leave us lee :grin:

Dont think many would prefer allot...... I for one would have liked both in a blue shirt!