Craig Davies to Leeds

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to today's Sun, Stockport say they are losing the battle to retain Craig Davies at the end of his loan spell on the 3rd January and the story further suggests that he will be signing for Leeds for £300,000.00.

Cheers,

Harry

How funny would that be! :lol: As if them losing to Histon wasn't bad enough :grin:

According to today's Sun, Stockport say they are losing the battle to retain Craig Davies at the end of his loan spell on the 3rd January and the story further suggests that he will be signing for Leeds for £300,000.00.

Cheers,

Harry

£225k profit on a player who has decent ability, but will probably never succeed as he is quite clearly braindead.... fantastic deal.

He could be a great success at Leeds, however he could be the ticking hand grenade who will result in them being relagated to league 2... Let hope that Gary Mac doesnt get sacked in the meantime and they see sense!

How funny is it that a promotion rival wants to strengthen their squad with our top goalscorer from last year.

In context - very funny indeed! I don’t think anyone denies that he has the potential but surely there is good reason to think that he isn’t going to fulfil it? His good spell with us is looking like the exception rather than the rule, and there is no way in the world that he isn’t going to be at risk of going on a mad one.

I was one of the lads trying to get his morale up from the back of the Lookers last year, kept the faith when some were writing him off. It's a different story this season, it has looked for some time to me that he has no desire to be here. £300 large? I'll have some of that. Top scorer last year? Fine, but he has shown nothing in an Oldham shirt to replicate that "form".

Ker-ching, don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out Craig.

I was one of the lads trying to get his morale up from the back of the Lookers last year, kept the faith when some were writing him off. It's a different story this season, it has looked for some time to me that he has no desire to be here. £300 large? I'll have some of that. Top scorer last year? Fine, but he has shown nothing in an Oldham shirt to replicate that "form".

Ker-ching, don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out Craig.

The head butt against R'dale was wrong (but blown out of all proportion), but has he really been given a chance since then? He scored a hattrick in the reserves so what does the manager do, bring in an unfit ageing striker who's best days were long gone.

If the manager doesn't want him £300k is decent, but our loss will be Leeds gain while we continue to play disinterested on loan strikers.

Does he? Or is this just a case of something being said enough times makes it true.

I know you want to big him up so you can use him as a stick to beat Hughes up with Coco, but there is a point where it looks ridiculous. Even last season when he was doing well he looked like a powderkeg waiting to go off half the time – must have easily been half a dozen occasions when he had to be held back from completely needless situations, but just for a couple of seconds but for minutes. And there was that kidnapping business, and that prolonged ban from international football, and the fact that he’s in his early 20s and has already had half a dozen clubs... No, he’s a level headed lad who never causes any problems at all.

Cheers,

Harry

Worst place he could go to....the place is a graveyard for strikers.

No way he's good enough to replace Beckford if they sell him and if he doesn't perform consistently well, he'll be out.

Got all the attributes except where it matters ...UPSTAIRS!!!!

The head butt against R'dale was wrong (but blown out of all proportion), but has he really been given a chance since then? He scored a hattrick in the reserves so what does the manager do, bring in an unfit ageing striker who's best days were long gone.

If the manager doesn't want him £300k is decent, but our loss will be Leeds gain while we continue to play disinterested on loan strikers.

I agree with the loan signings, and COG getting loaned out in parallel was a head-scratcher - but scoring a hattrick in the ressies doesn't guarantee success in the first team does it?

I don't understand then why he misfired like a old Triumph when he ran out on a Saturday afternoon with a Latics top on. Because he's managing to do the job he's supposed to at Stockport. A baffling turn of character then it seems, that nobody appears to know the answer to.