Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last post on this.

I first found out something had happened at the dogs on here. Is that a crime? I checked it out with someone who was there and then contacted the club. We didn't print anything. Then we got word the nationals were going to run with it and that the club had changed it's stance on the issue. So we ran with it, all as allegations. The Advertiser often take stuff from the M.E.N. and vice versa. It looks as though Stu has taken some comments off here and added them into the story. So anyone saying that I did this as part of a vendetta against the manager is jumping the gun.

I would never let my personal opinion impact on any story I write.

Moving on - I'd say the fact that one player has been fined the maximum and two 'others' (note the careful wording) have been reprimanded would go some way towards confirming that it was something Latics have taken seriously.

Anyone who thinks I am a 'traitor' or 'lazy' or any of the other allegations levelled at me on here can contact me at my work email address and I would be happy to meet them for a discussion over a pint.

Mike (formerly Guernica).

I think they should have an open forum where they can share ideas during the 90 mins on Saturday, I'm sure the ref will allow time for them to expand on their ideas.
No, just enough respect not to repeatedly shout "Shut the :censored: up!" would suffice.

If JS had the balls to let them know who was boss they might actually find a bit of respect for him.

Moving on - I'd say the fact that one player has been fined the maximum and two 'others' (note the careful wording) have been reprimanded would go some way towards confirming that it was something Latics have taken seriously.

Is that a subtle way of saying somebody who isn't a player (and could, for example, be a member of a management team) has been told that he's a very naughty boy?

Is that a subtle way of saying somebody who isn't a player (and could, for example, be a member of a management team) has been told that he's a very naughty boy?

No it means 3 players have been in bother

"The outcome of the investigation, after taking legal advice, is that one player has been fined the maximum amount of two weeks' wages and two others have been severely censured and warned as to their future conduct."

One player fined, two others warned. Can't be much clearer. Unless you're used to twisting words to suit for example a story in a newspaper!

No it means 3 players have been in bother

"The outcome of the investigation, after taking legal advice, is that one player has been fined the maximum amount of two weeks' wages and two others have been severely censured and warned as to their future conduct."

One player fined, two others warned. Can't be much clearer. Unless you're used to twisting words to suit for example a story in a newspaper!

It doesn't say "two other players", just "two others".

So it isn't clear and leaves itself open to twisting, misinterpretation or both.

Edited by opinions4u

So pretty much as I expected. Greegs fined (although I thought he may have been stripped off the captaincy). Hughes and Taylor warned. Shez didn't do anything.

It's almost as if those with common sense knew that all the stories were blown all out of proportion, and those without, or have an anti-Shez agenda, were calling for everyone to be sacked. The same people who'd whinge if we then didn't go up because we'd kicked our best defender and striker out of the club.

All done and dusted now, I think it's been handled well by the club. I hope Hughes sues the papers that made the allegations against him.

Onwards to MK.

Seconded. To be honest i don't care if the club are sweeping it under the carpet, i'm just glad it's over and dealt with and we can get back to concentrating to matters on the pitch. (well, some of us will).

Seconded. To be honest i don't care if the club are sweeping it under the carpet, i'm just glad it's over and dealt with and we can get back to concentrating to matters on the pitch. (well, some of us will).

I too am glad the whole blinking mess is over. I was there and saw nowt untoward happen, like I posted god knows how many pages ago, mountains have been made out of molehills. One fined, two disciplined or whatever, lets just draw a line under the whole bloody thing and now concentrate on staying in the play offs and then winning and ending up in the Championship.

I for one am going to Milton Keynes on Saturday with 2/3 mates, got me ticket on Wednesday. Can I also ask that people stop booing the players, yes sometimes they play rubbish, but booing them won't give them confidence quite the opposite. Get behind the boys and cheer them on.

Onward and upward. Championship here we come.

Oh, and stop taking the p*** out of Gregan's rear end, I happen to like it :blush:

Boys drink.... :censored: happens... Everyone kisses and makes up.... End of the issue...

Anyone who disagrees with this is one some sort of warped agenda and should be strung up as traitors against the cause....

That is all :)

Edited by oafc0000

Boys drink.... :censored: happens... Everyone kisses and makes up.... End of the issue...

Anyone who disagrees with this is one some sort of warped agenda and should be strung up as traitors against the cause....

That is all :)

lets hope with all this flak flying around that the team pulls its finger out and backs the emotion commitment and ambition of us fans...

lose on saturday and results go against us we could be 9th,and the shez outers back again.

I don't know how Titanic this is, but Doggygate was in the Sun today. With 'new' allegation of "Gregan later exposing himself". Never heard about this during all the rumpus talk?!? Are they getting mixed up with his Isle Of Man shennanigans?

Red top Doggygate

I love how they still reference the "shame" and how we seem to have wussed out of action against the players and then casually mention that the CCTV shows no fighting.

I'm glad I don't pay for this :censored:e.

I don't know how Titanic this is, but Doggygate was in the Sun today. With 'new' allegation of "Gregan later exposing himself". Never heard about this during all the rumpus talk?!? Are they getting mixed up with his Isle Of Man shennanigans?

Red top Doggygate

What do you think would result in a player being fined the maximum amount you could fine a player?

From the rarely wrong Chron.

Athletic have disciplined three employees following the function at the dog track.

The club has not named them but is understood captain Sean Gregan has been fined the maximum amount of two weeks wages while Sheridan and Hughes have been severely censured and warned as to their future conduct.

:unsure: