Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been on the radio as well this morning,stating club directors are not happy,not only with hughes for his actions,but also the preparations for the colchester game.

How many times does Sheridan get away with this? It's the second time this season that the hierachy of the club have expressed dissatisfaction of the preparation of the squad before an important home game. Great Player Shez, half decent manager but YOUR lack of discipline and YOUR drinking habits are setting the example to the rest of the club. Any contract of employment states that the organisation should not be brought into disrepute any likelihood is deemed as gross misconduct and a sackable offence. No pay out, just go Shez! Straw that's broke the came's back!

Edited by oafcprozac

And the quotes from Hardy? :unsure:

"apologised on behalf of those concerned" and "The board of directors will take the strongest possible action." are written on a bloody card that is next to their office phone, standard responses.

"apologised on behalf of those concerned" and "The board of directors will take the strongest possible action." are written on a bloody card that is next to their office phone, standard responses.

standard responses maybe,but i find it difficult to believe that no official statement has been put on the website from the club

its news all over the place now on websites to radio stations,i can only think that tta's have called a meeting this morning to discuss this incident and saturdays unacceptable performance,and that something may be posted this afternoon...

which ever way you look at it,it is breech of club rules and policies and the strongest action necessary needs to be taken before we become the joke of this division,for something other than our play.

alan smart got pissed and smacked a copper,he was sacked and bombed out the club.

standard responses maybe,but i find it difficult to believe that no official statement has been put on the website from the club

its news all over the place now on websites to radio stations,i can only think that tta's have called a meeting this morning to discuss this incident and saturdays unacceptable performance,and that something may be posted this afternoon...

which ever way you look at it,it is breech of club rules and policies and the strongest action necessary needs to be taken before we become the joke of this division,for something other than our play.

alan smart got pissed and smacked a copper,he was sacked and bombed out the club.

Yes, because he resisted arrest and assaulted a police officer. Hardly the same thing.

Anyway, all the original accounts had no mention of this Hughes/Shez thing happening. Hughes, allegedly, was the life and soul of the party and helped sort out any disagreements that went on. I refuse to believe that if Hughes had put Shez in a headlock, he would have played on Saturday.

Lazy, lazy reporting. The Sun find out something happened and blame it on Hughes. The MEN read the story and recycle it. Pish poor.

And Paul Magrath and Bryan Robson had their drunken idiocies covered up. I'm sure the club will act and effectively, but they do need to consider all the issues before rushing out with statements. This could be a pivotal week for Oldham Athletic , let's give the directors time to make the right decisions.

There isn't one yet, what's so hard to believe about it?

Lazy reporting, making leaps of faith until there's an official statement. I ain't denying the incindents took place mind, I just wish 2 cent reporting like this would base it on something more substantial than a standard response from the club while it gathers it's information properly, and bits from a well known football forum.

It ain't gonna help...

Lee Hughes - who joined the team after serving half a six-year sentence for causing death by dangerous driving - is said to have grappled with John Sheridan in front of fans at Belle Vue Greyhound Stadium.

Soccer star in 'brawl' with boss

BRAWL in quotes! All alleged...all quotes from the piece, absolute bollocks.

Those who know me will also know I have very little time for Mr.Hughes, but even I can't bring myself to buy this in it's entirity yet...

doesnt really matter if its lazy reporting or not....if that is the case why is there nothing official denying it???

An incident is being investigated. I should darn well hope so, after the stuff posted on here about the night one would hope that the club are looking into it. That's the official line and we'll wait and see what it finds.

It's lazy reporting because The Sun have an axe to grind/papers to sell, and what better way than to tell a story about an indisciplined killer, even if it's not true. It's fudging ridiculous that the MEN have followed suit. No one appears to have properly researched the story.

Edited by jsslatic

An incident is being investigated. I should darn well hope so, after the stuff posted on here about the night one would hope that the club are looking into it. That's the official line and we'll wait and see what it finds.

It's lazy reporting because The Sun have an axe to grind/papers to sell, and what better way than to tell a story about an indisciplined killer, even if it's not true. It's fudging ridiculous that the MEN have followed suit. No one appears to have properly researched the story.

Exactly. And an investigation needs to be done properly not in some knee jerk manner. Every individual spoken to, the evidence considered etc. As I said earlier, this is a pivotal week for Latics. We should support the directors so they can make the right decisions.

Edited by LaticsPete

Right or wrong, accurate or not, shoddy journalism or not this is unacceptable coverage of the club. I am a great believer in no smoke without fire and something or someone is fanning the flames at BP. It's time it stopped and changes were made, whether that be Sheridan or Sheridan changes things.

Edited by Lags