Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rich - you didn't attend the event, but are able to correct the stories written in the press by using information that someone that did attend passed on to you? From reading your posts that is the impression I get.

So, shall we invent a hypothetical situation?

It kicks off, perhaps in the manner that the red tops describe, perhaps not.

Your friend/ informant/ fellow fan is in the toilet/ at the bar/ has his back to the VIP lounge/ is watching the dog he had put a bet upon.

How is it possible, in any way whatsoever, for you to refute so certainly what has been written if it is not information directly from either the club or your sources at the trust if you were not at the event and not watching every player for the whole of the night?

To me what you posted does smack of (not stated) 'nothing happened and it was all handbags' - and I will say now that I have no axe to grind with either yourself or the trust, it's just my opinion on your post.

Despite the fact that I attend very irregularly nowadays (admittedly I am bored stiff by it all) it still affects me when I see the clubs good name dragged through the mud through the actions of grown men behaving like pre-pubescent idiots.

1. I wish the whole sorry affair hadn't have happened - as I initally posted on the first thread about it I hoped it would all be handbags; but

2. I want the whole thing to be over as quickly as possible now it has come to light and it was almost certainly substantially more than that which I had initially hoped. If that means that dismissals have to be made then so be it.

Whilst fans with many years of service are leaving in dribs and drabs (and it will undoubtedly get worse as the performances come up lacking yet again and renewal time looms) it must be very worrying for the club. The reason is that they are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the stagnation.

We were in a good position and something has gone very seriously wrong again for the third/ fourth consecutive year.

Why?

I put it to you that a continuous lack of discipline at the club is a fair meter to all our ails of the post Talbot era. For four consecutive years we have had an apparently decent team, and most certainly been in decent positions approaching the dawning of Spring and managed to snatch failure from the jaws of glory every single time.

Ronnie lacked discipline, and it now seems that Shez does to. The booze culture has been in this club for too long and it needs to stop and stop now.

As fans, season ticket holders and investors in the club are we not well within our rights to ask the most demanding of questions at times like this?

Derek.

Edit: that do you are promoting may well be interesting now, despite the rip off twelve quid pie.

:sleeping:

on my phone so can't be arsed responding in full

you obviously have your mind set and i get bored very easy of your opinionated drivel

my drivel is my opinion, from info off a fellow fan i have known for a while and I respect.

The event is going well thank you, trying running something or a few pounds !!!

Where have I said nothing happened, nothing happened ??

I have merely corrected what the lazy Journo's have stated to be correct and highlighted some information I have been given by a fellow fan... Acting in an aggressive manner is non specific, enforcing that maybe some players did MAYBE get physical with each other ! this in no way smacks nothing happened, nothing happen, that is just your own opinion about the poster !

In the early hours of Saturday morning razza699 posted a thread saying Taylor was out with a calf strain, according to one of Taylor’s friends.

Then this was posted:

tayls was at my brothers school yesterday for a q and a session. he said he was injured, - something he picked up before leeds, but didnt know about so shouldnt have played at leeds.

and this discussion:

Chris Taylor was in the Commercial in Uppermill last night at 11.30. He was drinking from a bottle of water (yes, really!) and appeared to be stone cold sober. Bit strange if he then went up town and got bladdered. Or was it just his friend who was drunk in Liquid? I'm confused.

Granted I didnt see Taylor drinking but he was out until 1.30ish and didnt seem totally sober But yeh I saw him and spoke to his mate who said he had a calf strain,

On Saturday the OS told us that Taylor picked up a calf problem during the Leeds game and failed a late fitness test on Saturday morning.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1582167,00.html

Today the OS told us that Taylor missed the Colchester game with a thigh injury sustained during the Leeds game. It then goes on to say he failed a late fitness test before the Colchester game reporting deep-lying pain in his calf. Earlier today the Physio's diagnosis referred to a deep-lying thigh injury, but that has now been changed to "calf".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1583738,00.html

Today's OS report on the "thigh" injury, compared to Saturday's OS report of a "calf" injury was commented on by someone else on here earlier toay, so I haven't imagined it.

Then today this was posted:

ziggazagga Today, 12:42 PM

Im not sure if its been posted on here yet but the reason Taylor isnt playing is because he has got a broken rib from where Gregan punched him last week!

Either Taylor knew already that he had been declared unfit to play on Saturday and therefore could stay out late in the early hours of Saturday morning, or he had a late fitness test on Saturday morning, as reported on the OS. The Club's inconsistency about the nature of Taylor's injury is adding fuel to ziggazagga's fire.

Regardless of the Club being brought into disrepute by what has been reported by the newspapers/radio, the crucial question is did anything happen at Belle Vue to affect the team's performance? If Taylor's injury is found to have been as a direct result of that night out, the consequences may prove to have directly affected the team's performance to such an extent that it has wrecked the Club's chances of promotion.

Time will tell and the disciplinary action will reflect accordingly.

You're right but what I find strange is that I've personally enjoyed Latics more in recent seasons than for a good few before that (bar the Dowie play-off season) and yet crowds today are 50% lower than when we WERE crap. I suppose there's a host of factors which contribute though which is why it's so hard to address.

I'd say that it's because even during the days of Ritchie managing on no money whatsoever, there was always the sense that things could only get better: the club would rise again, the fanbase would grow, we'd end up with a modern stadium-all the things that similar clubs to Latics, in similar towns seem able to manage etc etc.

Since then we have appeared to have turned the corner twice without achieving anything. Nothing needs saying about the Chris Moore days, but since then projected sites for a new ground have come to nothing, plan B for the redevelopment of the existing stadium (our only chance of financial independence) is on indefinite hold, the team threw away our best chance for promotion since we've been at this level in 2006/7, and until this season we seemed to be starting with a new playing squad every August. We might have been in the top six all of this season, but the attendances suggest that, rightly or wrongly, many established fans don't believe that the club is serious about progressing. Whereas we could once place ourselves alongside the Bolton's, Burnley's and Preston's of this world (from the mid-seventies onwards), some diehard fans are now coming to regard our true place as being with Rochdale, Bury and Stockport. Those who can't accept this are drifting away.

Add to this the general feeling that only clubs with megabucks can achieve prolonged success in today's game and we begin to understand the nature of the problem.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

In the early hours of Saturday morning razza699 posted a thread saying Taylor was out with a calf strain, according to one of Taylor’s friends.

Then this was posted:

and this discussion:

On Saturday the OS told us that Taylor picked up a calf problem during the Leeds game and failed a late fitness test on Saturday morning.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1582167,00.html

Today the OS told us that Taylor missed the Colchester game with a thigh injury sustained during the Leeds game. It then goes on to say he failed a late fitness test before the Colchester game reporting deep-lying pain in his calf. Earlier today the Physio's diagnosis referred to a deep-lying thigh injury, but that has now been changed to "calf".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1583738,00.html

Today's OS report on the "thigh" injury, compared to Saturday's OS report of a "calf" injury was commented on by someone else on here earlier toay, so I haven't imagined it.

Then today this was posted:

Either Taylor knew already that he had been declared unfit to play on Saturday and therefore could stay out late in the early hours of Saturday morning, or he had a late fitness test on Saturday morning, as reported on the OS. The Club's inconsistency about the nature of Taylor's injury is adding fuel to ziggazagga's fire.

Regardless of the Club being brought into disrepute by what has been reported by the newspapers/radio, the crucial question is did anything happen at Belle Vue to affect the team's performance? If Taylor's injury is found to have been as a direct result of that night out, the consequences may prove to have directly affected the team's performance to such an extent that it has wrecked the Club's chances of promotion.

Time will tell and the disciplinary action will reflect accordingly.

Can I just clarify a few points here. Chris is out with a calf problem from a knock he got at Millwall, he got his scan results back on Friday and knew he wasn't going to be playing on Saturday. As for the ludicrous reports that he has got a broken rib, I just don't know where some people get there information from but it's definately not true.

Edited by shell18

i posted about his mysterious injuries earlier - thought it was strange :shock::shock:

Saturday's report in the second paragraph said "calf" whereas today's report says "thigh" in the second paragraph. If cutting and pasting it would had still been "calf". Check tomorrow to see if it gets changed.

Saturday's report in the second paragraph said "calf" whereas today's report says "thigh" in the second paragraph. If cutting and pasting it would had still been "calf". Check tomorrow to see if it gets changed.

trouble is if he did pick up a calf/thigh strain at millwall....why was he even considered for the leeds game???

surely our super doopa new physio would have noticed the problem and informed the manager of how unwise it would be to play him again so soon,in case it made a bigger injury layoff for him......especially as he is now a doubt for the mk game.

Can I just clarify a few points here. Chris is out with a calf problem from a knock he got at Millwall, he got his scan results back on Friday and knew he wasn't going to be playing on Saturday. As for the ludicrous reports that he has got a broken rib, I just don't know where some people get there information from but it's definately not true.

Why did he have a fitness test on Saturday? surely that'd just aggravate the injury if he definitely wasn't playing?

trouble is if he did pick up a calf/thigh strain at millwall....why was he even considered for the leeds game???

surely our super doopa new physio would have noticed the problem and informed the manager of how unwise it would be to play him again so soon,in case it made a bigger injury layoff for him......especially as he is now a doubt for the mk game.

Come on Ed, you missed a golden opportunity to slate Shez then.

Disapointing.

Come on Ed, you missed a golden opportunity to slate Shez then.

Disapointing.

i think he has enough on his plate without me having a dig right now dont you.

whenever the final curtain does come down on his association with latics it will be a sad day...shez the player was and always will be a club legend.

but unfortunately it doesnt go hand in hand that decent players make great managers,and sadly i think he falls head first into that catagory.

I always find it funny to remind some people about how much they supported his appointment...but Im off to bed instead :D

think you will find most people supported his appointment after the previous 2 managers actually.

but then again i didnt think ronnie moore was given enough time

and i also think most people will agree shez was the cheap option....just a shame he cant seem to find that little bit extra to take the final step.

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says the results of the investigations are likely to be discussed at a board meeting later this week.

Athletic are hoping to conclude their investigations before ....Milton Keynes Dons as they view it as an unwelcome distraction in their bid for promotion.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...over-dogs-night

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says the results of the investigations are likely to be discussed at a board meeting later this week.

Athletic are hoping to conclude their investigations before ....Milton Keynes Dons as they view it as an unwelcome distraction in their bid to bugger up promotion right royally.

Also discussed at the next meeting will be other fantastic ideas to promote the club - such as being the first club to let a blind man play in a competitive league match (allegedly he is better than Danny Whitaker!) and giving the players rollerskates - and recreating the 1970's film 'Rollerball.' Mr Corney has also suggested inviting all the nations press to a drinking session at a brewery, but there are fears this could not be organised.

Athletic are hoping to conclude their investigations before ....Milton Keynes Dons as they view it as an unwelcome distraction in their bid for promotion.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...over-dogs-night

Sweeping changes or swept under the carpet?

Not for the first time I'm going to trust TTA on this one.

I'm sure that whatever action is taken, it will be in the best interests of the club and with a view to putting our promotion bid back on track.

Sweeping changes or swept under the carpet?

Not for the first time I'm going to trust TTA on this one.

I'm sure that whatever action is taken, it will be in the best interests of the club and with a view to putting our promotion bid back on track.

Ultimately the buck stops with the manager. I think Sheridan has done a lot of good for the club, in management terms bringing the younger players through but the late brian clough said a team never plays to its full potential when theres ill discipline in the squad and we plainly arnt playing as well as we could be.

Ive never wanted Shez out but youve got to think about the implications of all this, will things ever get back to how they were previously. Maybe a fresh face is the best answer