Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

an online community of oldham athletic fans who voice there opinions good bad or indifferent in an enviroment that is supposed to be secure and to a certain degree annonymous.

i dont think the attitude coming across is one of we are the billy big balls of the forum world and all we say is true....i think its the fact that someone has used certain peoples comments and views to write an inaccurate article regarding an incident that may or may not be as bad as it is being portrayed.

the thing is that it isnt a balanced view of what oldham fans think...there is what about 120 regular posters on here....some more active than others who share there views between each other...

if he really wanted to gauge public opinion on this matter he should of got of his backside and gone to oldham centre and canvassed the general public for there views on it,instead they havent and chose to randomly print a group of biased peoples views on the matter.

if that isnt shoddy journalism i dont know what is.

Excellent post, very accurately sums up the situation.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....I'll ask again. Which members of this forum believe it's nowt?

It's pretty simple, Lags.

Those that were there know what they saw. Some of them posted what they (said they) saw on here the day after the event. Oddly enough, the very first mention of an altercation between Hughes and Sheridan and the now infamous head in an arm lock was Mr Keegan's original report, duplicated in the national press, a good few days later.

Do I believe it's nowt? No, clearly there were some events that should not have happened. I imagine we'll have to guess how serious they were when the club announces what action it is taking.

Do I believe Mr Keegan's and the national press's sensationalised version of events? No. Not even slightly. Only if Hughes is sacked or severely disciplined for assaulting the manager will I accept there's any shred of truth in it.

I heard this from someone who didnt go;

Big Bully Greegan was behind the dogsheds giving Carrot Top Taylor chinese burns and wedgies on account of his ginger hair, when who should come round the corner? its "badboy" Hughes, on seeing Greegans bullying, Hughes launches himself into the fray, rescuing the tearfull Taylor from the rabid Greegan. At that precise moment Headmaster John Sheriden appears, and immediatley blames Hughes (his reputation preceeds him you know). Hughes cant believe it, he's done so much for the community, but why should he bother? he always gets the blame, he sees red when Sheridan ses "yer nowt but a pub team player" and grabs the headmaster round the neck . Taylor realises through tear sodden eyes that the whole sorry episode has been caught on CCTV "Scatter!" he yells, and all 3 of the naughty players leg it , leaving the sore necked Sheriden wondering why they cant move that fast on a Saturday.

like i say he didnt go

Further. It's interesting to hear Crossley saying (with his long career he wishes to extend further yet......granted a keeper can go on longer, yet even as keepers go Crossley is knocking on) The lads are having a drink, some more so than others. You can tell Crossley wasn't 'some more so' Do you know why? I'd wager cos he was brought up on one Brian Clough who ruled with on iron fist (and yes he was an alcoholic in the end) Was this the very same Brian Clough who after folking out huge money for one John Shridan tossed him aside? Now I don't know why that was and if I was to have an opinion it would be pure speculation. However if I was to speculate right now I think you'd get the picture.

The picture I'm getting corroborates what the Forest fans believed to be the picture at that time.

Big Bully Greegan was behind the dogsheds giving Carrot Top Taylor chinese burns and wedgies on account of his ginger hair, when who should come round the corner? its "badboy" Hughes, on seeing Greegans bullying, Hughes launches himself into the fray, rescuing the tearfull Taylor from the rabid Greegan. At that precise moment Headmaster John Sheriden appears, and immediatley blames Hughes (his reputation preceeds him you know). Hughes cant believe it, he's done so much for the community, but why should he bother? he always gets the blame, he sees red when Sheridan ses "yer nowt but a pub team player" and grabs the headmaster round the neck . Taylor realises through tear sodden eyes that the whole sorry episode has been caught on CCTV "Scatter!" he yells, and all 3 of the naughty players leg it , leaving the sore necked Sheriden wondering why they cant move that fast on a Saturday.

like i say he didnt go

You might just have inadvertently written an article in tomorrow's MEN under Keegan's name.

like i say he didnt go

Watch out for this account appearing in the MEN/Advertiser soon!

In tonight's rarely wong Chron says the Club is:

still waiting for further legal advice before deciding whether to take the matter further.

But, due to the gravity of the allegations, chief executive Alan Hardy has warned that dismissals are a possibility.

“Employment law can be complex and we have to make sure we do things the right way,” he said.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...selection-poser

still waiting for further legal advice before deciding whether to take the matter further.

But, due to the gravity of the allegations, chief executive Alan Hardy has warned that dismissals are a possibility.

"Employment law can be complex and we have to make sure we do things the right way," he said.

No one's posted that on here yet... how the hell did the Chron find out!?

In the Advertiser, Mike (Guernica) Keegan

Not surprising - his card was marked long ago! Tosser.

Perfetic managment on and of the pitch stupid descisions not having the balls to drop ppl :censored: signings well loans sry except jones bad performances lack of getting the lads going just all together piss poor this could be a godsend just please get rid of the pleb.

it must be bad if my dad been going for 55 years cba to go anymore :S

Anybody else noticed it tends to be the seemingly poorly educated members who insist Sheridan should go? :lol: They just can't find any alternatives to consider....

Maybe the modern day cost is a factor in your dads decision? Or dint yu fink of dat?

Keegans done nothing wrong in writing what he has.

Which, coming from you, is confirmation he has. :wink:

an online community of oldham athletic fans who voice there opinions good bad or indifferent in an enviroment that is supposed to be secure and to a certain degree annonymous.

i dont think the attitude coming across is one of we are the billy big balls of the forum world and all we say is true....i think its the fact that someone has used certain peoples comments and views to write an inaccurate article regarding an incident that may or may not be as bad as it is being portrayed.

the thing is that it isnt a balanced view of what oldham fans think...there is what about 120 regular posters on here....some more active than others who share there views between each other...

if he really wanted to gauge public opinion on this matter he should of got of his backside and gone to oldham centre and canvassed the general public for there views on it,instead they havent and chose to randomly print a group of biased peoples views on the matter.

if that isnt shoddy journalism i dont know what is.

Good post Ed.

Anybody else noticed it tends to be the seemingly poorly educated members who insist Sheridan should go? :lol: They just can't find any alternatives to consider....

I was just about to call you on that ... but then read the context and fell about laughing.

I don't think Shez will get us in to the play-offs, so I'd replace him.

As for doggygate, it did look like the club were building up to using this as a reason to dismiss him. But maybe I just read it wrong.

As for the BBC report, it does look like it is done and dusted - unless Shez is playing games.

“Employment law can be complex and we have to make sure we do things the right way,” he said.

Sounds ominous. Pretty big discrepancy between Hardy' comments and Shez's comments.

i'm just sorry that Keegan didn't decide to quote the slash ficton on the original thread as fact in his article. If you're gonna make stuff up, go mental.

Shez seems to think he has dealt with it according to the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7939532.stm

From that link:

Sheridan also added that there were no problems within the camp.

"The dressing room is brilliant. It's gone now and I've just got to try and concentrate and get the lads together, which they are," he said.

huge clearout in the summer.

starting from the management...and a much stronger management at that.

discipline has been poor off the field from certain parts,with various problems all season.

if the management can't be what they are paid to do (manage the players and introduce discipline and self discipline) then they are failing.

being in a situation that can be harmful or damaging to the club ,and representing the club,when a public domain should be hammered into their heads....if they don't agree,they should be shipped out asap.