Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

Anyway, all the original accounts had no mention of this Hughes/Shez thing happening. Hughes, allegedly, was the life and soul of the party and helped sort out any disagreements that went on. I refuse to believe that if Hughes had put Shez in a headlock, he would have played on Saturday.

Lazy, lazy reporting. The Sun find out something happened and blame it on Hughes. The MEN read the story and recycle it. Pish poor.

I agree poor reporting again, still he's got his 15 minutes of fame getting into the Nationals on the back of Hughes previous!!!

I know second hand that Shez / Hughes stepped in to help Taylor and were thrown out as a mistake in identity. If I know that surely any journo worth is salt can find that out.

Like I said... hope he enjoys his 15 minutes (I'm sure someone told me once that he's a Latics fan ????)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, there is a lot of truth in this story. It all stems from one reporter, but that does not make it completely inaccurate. What is unfortunate is that it is all angled against Hughesy who was clearly involved in something but, from all the reports on this site, was not the instigator that the papers are making out - with his history, it is inevitable that stories will be written that way, however unfair that may be.

The club needs to issue a holding statement asap while it gets on with investigating the truth and then puts out a full statement along with the action that will be taken. If that involves fining, dropping and transfer listing one or more popular players, then I have no problem with that. What is being reported is shameful stuff and very damaging to the club. I hope that the club, however, will thoroughly investigate whether it is accurate that the management gave players two days off and allowed them out on the booze immediately before an important match and one in which the team produced a shambolic performance. It will be interesting to hear the board’s views of the management if that turns out to be accurate.

The club needs to issue a holding statement asap while it gets on with investigating the truth and then puts out a full statement along with the action that will be taken. If that involves fining, dropping and transfer listing one or more popular players, then I have no problem with that. What is being reported is shameful stuff and very damaging to the club. I hope that the club, however, will thoroughly investigate whether it is accurate that the management gave players two days off and allowed them out on the booze immediately before an important match and one in which the team produced a shambolic performance. It will be interesting to hear the board's views of the management if that turns out to be accurate.

This would be the same 'club' (ie the powers that be) who arranged the night out in the first place and told the players they were going o they could get some PR out of it? It's backfired, but to blame Shez as if he's set it all up off his own back is daft!

Interestingly, Hughes and Gregan were two of the maybe three players who looked anywhere close to being on their game on Saturday.

It's patently obvious something happened, but I don't believe the rubbish printed in the papers any more than I believe the rubbish posted here.

The club is being brought into disrepute again. It's not good enough. The idea of a dogs night was a very good one so long as the club behaved themselves as well at the event. If what's been reported is true then action needs to be taken.

About the time off the players had in defence of Shez the players had just played 3 matches in less than a week!

The squad should be in a very good fit condition, I don't think our physio would allow them to be unfit. All training should be about now is working on tactics and working on beating the opposition. After saturday you may say the team needed more than 2 days to work on Colchester.

Leaving aside who was at fault, I would have thought a professional outfit would have made it none alcohol or severely limited how much the players could drink now we are at the business end of the season where every single game is vital.

You only have to see the video on the Manchester tv channel to see how drunk some of the players were, Hughes could barely string a sentence together.

From the look of things I will be taking a tin hat and boxing gloves to the end of season awards night.

If said incidents are true this could give the board the excuse to sack Sheridan for gross misconduct and not have to pay off his contract.

Leaving aside who was at fault, I would have thought a professional outfit would have made it none alcohol or severely limited how much the players could drink now we are at the business end of the season where every single game is vital.

Absolutely spot on!

An incident is being investigated. I should darn well hope so, after the stuff posted on here about the night one would hope that the club are looking into it. That's the official line and we'll wait and see what it finds.

It's lazy reporting because The Sun have an axe to grind/papers to sell, and what better way than to tell a story about an indisciplined killer, even if it's not true. It's fudging ridiculous that the MEN have followed suit. No one appears to have properly researched the story.

Why should they bother to research? Their version of events will sell more copies of their trashy paper than the truth.

Why does sheridan appear to cop the blame for this? usual people with an axe to grind with shez, whether or not the stories are true/half true, at the end of the day these players are grown men and should behave responsibly, i highly doubt that shez has told the players "look lads go cause any trouble you like"! does sheridan have to look after each player individually and hold their hands? he's not their bloody social worker as well!!!

From the look of things I will be taking a tin hat and boxing gloves to the end of season awards night.

If said incidents are true this could give the board the excuse to sack Sheridan for gross misconduct and not have to pay off his contract.

Only thing is if they sacked shez for gross misconduct, then hughes and gregan would surely both have to go too

Guest sheridans_world
I agree poor reporting again, still he's got his 15 minutes of fame getting into the Nationals on the back of Hughes previous!!!

I know second hand that Shez / Hughes stepped in to help Taylor and were thrown out as a mistake in identity. If I know that surely any journo worth is salt can find that out.

Like I said... hope he enjoys his 15 minutes (I'm sure someone told me once that he's a Latics fan ????)

Totally agree, lazy lazy journalism.

I wonder if he writes Dean Windass' blog too?

Obviously looking around the local rumour mill's to try and sell the paper, which is free in the centre of Manchester.

If anyone has any sense in Oldham, the MEN will end up in the gutter, like they do in the centre of town.

goodbye hughes , greagan and maybe shez too , but i hope shez is in the clear

If anyone it'll be Shez who goes. Replacing a manager still gives the team a chance of promotion this year, sacking Gregan / Hughes and it's game over.