Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone it'll be Shez who goes. Replacing a manager still gives the team a chance of promotion this year, sacking Gregan / Hughes and it's game over.

If shez is sacked for gross misconduct then hughes and gregan would have to go too.

Although its not just the dogs incident that is in question regarding shez. yet again his pre match boozing preparations have been questioned (giving the team 2 days off before the Colchester game), as corney did in his post match rant afte rthe 2-0 home defeat by yeovil.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

If shez is sacked for gross misconduct then hughes and gregan would have to go too.

Although its not just the dogs incident that is in question regarding shez. yet again his pre match boozing preparations have been questioned (giving the team 2 days off before the Colchester game), as corney did in his post match rant afte rthe 2-0 home defeat by yeovil.

Corney, who to some extent runs the club, might have noticed the entire squad had been booked onto a PR Night at the Dogs you know? Again, I doubt Shez was the one planning this night out... don't you?!

If anyone it'll be Shez who goes. Replacing a manager still gives the team a chance of promotion this year, sacking Gregan / Hughes and it's game over.

I actually think that you have hit the nail on the head.

This incident gives the club clear reason to say the manager hasn't got discipline at the club right.

I think we'll see a couple of fines (2 weeks' wages) for some players and a new manager brought in.

I did wonder whether the Joe Royle poll was actually planted by the club to guage reaction to something that they've already made tentative enquiries over (EDIT: A response to this appears on page 9 - thanks for that).

Edited by opinions4u

Corney, who to some extent runs the club, might have noticed the entire squad had been booked onto a PR Night at the Dogs you know? Again, I doubt Shez was the one planning this night out... don't you?!

My point was that you couldnt sack one for gross misconduct and not the other two

"We cannot discount sacking in this respect"

Gotta be Shez. Who allows a night out on the pop at this stage of the season and days before a game?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fergie has banned Xmas parties...the one night a year you'd think players could really enjoy themselves. Our 'leader' (but don't call him Gaffer!) allows one in the middle of two home games in 5 days!!! When we're chasing promotion. Then to top it all it results in one of the most spineless performances in living memory.

Team building is one thing. A night at the dogs is another.

Relieve him of his duties. He's way out of his depth.

IF others are punished and Shez isn't then that's me for the season.

E4e

JSOUT

My point was that you couldnt sack one for gross misconduct and not the other two

No, but you could say that your manager has additional requirements around overall club discipline that he failed to deliver on.

Final warnings for the troops, show the door to the manager.

It depends on what actually was done by individuals, what circumstances, what level of responsibility etc. All we have is allegations. Some of which contradict each other.

The only thing I see reading between the lines from the OS, was the "further information coming to light", which says to me that the whole truth wasn't told to the club in the first place.

Sacking a player for fighting? it rarely happens, disciplining for sure, sacking no.

The statement does give the impression that someone could go?

Gotta be Shez. Who allows a night out on the pop at this stage of the season and days before a game?

Team building is one thing. A night at the dogs is another.

I'm just going to copy and paste this to ever single person who says it...

How can Corney/Hardy, who run the club, sack the manager for 'allowing' a night out? I think AH/SC might have noticed the entire squad had been booked onto a PR Night at the Dogs you know? Again, I doubt Shez was the one planning this night out... don't you?!

:rolleyes:

I've got one question for anyone who went to Belle Vue last Tuesday:

Was Windass there?

This came on the day that his blog was released and so I cannot imagine for one minute that he was. His name was also never mentioned on here previously when incidents were referred to.

If Windass was not there, I don't see how we can take any of the comments from this 'journalist' seriously.

If Gregan laid into Taylor, then I think he will go. If Shez and Hughesy just intervened, then I can't see what they did wrong, unless there was something else. This can not be used as an excuse to sack Shez unless he really messed up there.

I'm just going to copy and paste this to ever single person who says it...

How can Corney/Hardy, who run the club, sack the manager for 'allowing' a night out? I think AH/SC might have noticed the entire squad had been booked onto a PR Night at the Dogs you know? Again, I doubt Shez was the one planning this night out... don't you?!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Dead on! People don't seem to get that do they?!

No, but you could say that your manager has additional requirements around overall club discipline that he failed to deliver on.

Final warnings for the troops, show the door to the manager.

Actually if it is true that Hughes had Shez in aheadlock, it's Hughes that is the goner IMHO.

And If Gregan has caused Taylor to miss a game, Possibly busting his ribs if some reports are true, then don't see how he can stay either.

It makes you wonder what happended at the Christmas Party doesn't it.

Trouble is with these things, if anyone does get dismissed, then that may well cause a real split in the ranks.

Althought Shez is respinsible, at the end of the day it is the perpetrators that get the action against them.

I think the line " this may include dismissal" has only added to the rpessure TBH.

on the bbc now..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7932523.stm

interesting comments from shez.

lost it.

thats the conclusion i reach as well....

this isnt just a rant from a manager,this is someone holding up the white flag

it would of been easier to say that performance is not on,i think the players need to shoulder some of the blame as well as i do.

instead he has given the clearest indication yet he hasnt got a feckin clue what hes doing.

The night out doesn't bother me at all, it's the fact the players seemed able to drink as much as they wanted.

On a "meet the fans night" it does seem a tad foolish.

Who set expectations? Who is accountable for the actions of the playing staff?

I think Shez is on his way.

I do not understand the lazy journalism jibe on here, although that could well be the case and i hope so. However by coming out and saying as such then surely that is as bad as the journos reporting "inaccuracies" in the first place. There was a thread started the same night as these incidents saying that it had kicked off and because the thread was started by someone who had only 1 post it was ridiculed as being inaccurate. I fear the same may happen to those who just want to see this as lazy journos out to get a story. IMHO there is no smoke without fire, and i wouldnt be in the least bit surprised to see the back of Shez, Gregan and indeed Lee Hughes. I really think the club will make a stand. Again i sincerely hope it is but i hate Oldhams name to be in the news for all the wrong reasons. There is quite clearly a discipline problem at the club and there has been for sometime it seems. I dont think Shez can handle the experienced older players in his squad and i think we have witnessed that.