Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

The night out doesn't bother me at all, it's the fact the players seemed able to drink as much as they wanted.

Spot on Coco.

Ok, let's say Shez didn't have a say in whether or not the club go to the dogs, as manager he would definitely have the final say in whether they drunk or not!

1. He allowed it. Shez out.

2. He didn't allow it. They didn't listen. Shez out.

Imagine Dowie accepting players not turning up to his 6am swims? He said they had to be there. They went.

E4e

JSOUT

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking to a lad at work who went, and yeah he had a few aswell but from what he siad was that LH was trying to break up a fight between shez and greegan so theres so many stories going around which do you believe its madness :grin:

i went on tues ?Hughes was bladdered shouting accross the room tommy had to remove him. out side next to my wifes car and infront of 3 coach loads of fans gregan hughes band shez were arguing. this was about 10.30 10.45. shez told gregan to come and see him on thursday,shez said that he was going home to his mum n dads,there was more said but need to ask the wife after work she was sat waiting for the coaches to go and heard everything.

I'm just going to copy and paste this to ever single person who says it...

How can Corney/Hardy, who run the club, sack the manager for 'allowing' a night out? I think AH/SC might have noticed the entire squad had been booked onto a PR Night at the Dogs you know? Again, I doubt Shez was the one planning this night out... don't you?!

:rolleyes:

I agree wholeheartedly that it would not have been Shez's decision to have the night at the dogs but at the same time, it should have been his responsibility to give instructions on how much the players were to drink.

The comment on the Channel M programme from one of the players (possibly Hughes) was along the lines of "It's a free night out" which suggests that the club were funding the drinking.

Spot on Coco.

Ok, let's say Shez didn't have a say in whether or not the club go to the dogs, as manager he would definitely have the final say in whether they drunk or not!

1. He allowed it. Shez out.

2. He didn't allow it. They didn't listen. Shez out.

Imagine Dowie accepting players not turning up to his 6am swims? He said they had to be there. They went.

E4e

JSOUT

and the fact they got so smashed that they couldnt train wednesday and thursday were given a day off...training friday for an important game...

then he makes comments alluding to the fact is feck all to do with him why were playing so bad,ask the players for a change,im sick of answering for them

think hes gone......this is a sad sad day in latics recent history..but lets be honest....its been brewing for some time.

If anyone it'll be Shez who goes. Replacing a manager still gives the team a chance of promotion this year, sacking Gregan / Hughes and it's game over.

There is obviously a booze culture and a lack of dicipline within the club generally.

This doesn't just happen as a result of one boozy night out, there was an uneasy truce after Corney's outburst after the Yeovil game where he cited an unprofessional build up as contributing to a 0 2 result ...the trouble at the dogs night has probably been simmering for weeks and is almost certainly the result of a total lack of club dicipline.

Ultimately, Shez, as team manager, has to be held accountable for the actions of both himself and his players.

If all three are in some way to blame for the incident then sack them all I say as just sacking Sheridan will hardly stop the antics of Hughes and Gregan and if they remain at the club nothing will really change.

We've been saying for weeks now that something wasn't quite right within the team and last weeks defeat by Colchester and the actions of some of the players after the game would certainly back up that theory.

Losing Gregan and Hughes would be a blow as they are both good players at this level however it just might bond the remaining players into a 'team' and might just give us the fresh impetus to get our promotion dream back on track!!

The night out doesn't bother me at all, it's the fact the players seemed able to drink as much as they wanted.

Exactly. given the high profle incidents involving Hughes and more recently Gregans own drink related problems i believe that it is ridiculous that they semed to have carte blanche on what they were drinking. However there may also be the question of trusting these two in particularly not to get lashed given their much publicised problems. Also i thught hughesy had converted to islam and he shouldnt be drinking at all if that is the case

On a "meet the fans night" it does seem a tad foolish.

Who set expectations? Who is accountable for the actions of the playing staff?

I think Shez is on his way.

so somebody at the club organises a night at the dogs which Sheridan as manager was obligated to attend whether he wanted to or not, it subsequently all kicks off and he should be sacked for it???

the club would get laughed out of court if that did happen and he took it further.

There is obviously a booze culture and a lack of dicipline within the club generally.

This doesn't just happen as a result of one boozy night out, there was an uneasy truce after Corney's outburst after the Yeovil game where he cited an unprofessional build up as contributing to a 0 2 result ...the trouble at the dogs night has probably been simmering for weeks and is almost certainly the result of a total lack of club dicipline.

Ultimately, Shez, as team manager, has to be held accountable for the actions of both himself and his players.

If all three are in some way to blame for the incident then sack them all I say as just sacking Sheridan will hardly stop the antics of Hughes and Gregan and if they remain at the club nothing will really change.

We've been saying for weeks now that something wasn't quite right within the team and last weeks defeat by Colchester and the actions of some of the players after the game would certainly back up that theory.

Losing Gregan and Hughes would be a blow as they are both good players at this level however it just might bond the remaining players into a 'team' and might just give us the fresh impetus to get our promotion dream back on track!!

if it does turn out to be true,and all 3 are as equally culpable as each other,then they all walk.

hughes,having rebuilt his carear should know better,makes a mockery of his work in the community keeping kids on the straight and narrow,and certainly should not be getting bladdered in front of fans given his previous

greegan,has just got off a drink drive charge on a technicality of the facy nobody actually saw him driving in said place at said time,but someone did ring the police to inform them of there suspicians....

shez...its well noted he likes a drink,but he hasnt covered himself by setting any rules regarding drink levels...yes he can sanction a night out as ok,but if there are games comming up set levels of 2 or 3 pints max,then juice,that way he still keeps control over the team as a group and things like this wouldnt happen.

stam can come in for greegan,kabba can play up front with either windass or lewis or smalley....

losing two big players and a manager would be a blow....but i think we would manage.

so somebody at the club organises a night at the dogs which Sheridan as manager was obligated to attend whether he wanted to or not, it subsequently all kicks off and he should be sacked for it???

the club would get laughed out of court if that did happen and he took it further.

probable

but if he was sacked for poor performances on the pitch and failure to control discipline within the club and compensated as designated in his contract then I doubt he would have a leg to stand on

as i was leaving the drubbing at hereford 5-0 the police at the gate laughed and siad to me no wonder you didnt win the whole squad was out on the town till 2am.after seeing them tues night i can belive it...

:blink: what that he should not be drinking or that he converted to islam, thought the latter was well known bout him.

Are you a "journalist" with the Mirror/Sun/ Garbage Daily?

I presume you wrren't "supporting" Latics when Hughes signed? the Islam lie was exposed then.

:blink: what that he should not be drinking or that he converted to islam, thought the latter was well known bout him.

utter crap he converted to islam

he is often seen by people out on the piss over the tops on a sunday afternoon with his blonde aquaintance.

the fact is,on a club night out,regardless of it being a freebie or not,you just dont go getting :censored: faced and bring the club into disrepute,or give the fans and press a spectacle to beat the club up over....

Are you a "journalist" with the Mirror/Sun/ Garbage Daily?

I presume you wrren't "supporting" Latics when Hughes signed? the Islam lie was exposed then.

no im not and im afraid i dont read those papers. thanks for questioning my support to latics tho, awful good of you. exposed by whom may i ask?

1) If he doesn't have the right level of discipline within the squad, he's not up to the job. Just because somebody else organsied it doesn't mean he can abdicate his wider responsibilities.

2) If his contract is paid up in full, then it will never reach any court.

Cheaper to pay off a bloke who has three months left on his contract too.

Edited by opinions4u

no im not and im afraid i dont read those papers. thanks for questioning my support to latics tho, awful good of you. exposed by whom may i ask?

In Hughes's first media interview when joining the club, one of the tabloid hacks asked about his conversion to Islam and he very clearly told them there was no truth in it.