Doggygate - Includes Official Statement

you've lost me. :unsure:

I was suggesting that as he knows exactly what DIDN'T happen he must know exactly what DID.

why not just tell us?

I'm sure the club will make a statement regarding the events if they choose to.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such a terse statement from the club then Rich if it was only a few home truths? If it didn't happen why not a complete and utter denial of the stories in the red tops?

Derek.

Stuff did happen, if you read past the Hughes / Shez rubbish.

I've got one question for anyone who went to Belle Vue last Tuesday:

Was Windass there?

This came on the day that his blog was released and so I cannot imagine for one minute that he was. His name was also never mentioned on here previously when incidents were referred to.

If Windass was not there, I don't see how we can take any of the comments from this 'journalist' seriously.

I was there on the night and didn't witness anything, but what I did notice was that Windass WASN'T there!!!!

you've lost me. :unsure:

i was suggesting that as he knows exactly what DIDN'T happen he must know exactly what DID.

why not just tell us?

There was enough fans there on the evening to mention what was said between the players.

I don't know what happened 100%

I do know

Windass wasnt there.

Hughes didnt have his penis on display

The comments between the players, I'm not able to dictate word for word but the conversation went along the lines of;

Why cant you train like Taylor

For his age he is the player you never were

You have your head up your arse and play like a pub player !

Hughes and shez at any stage DIDNT have each other in an aggressive hold, headlock, stand off what ever you want to call it !

Hughes was the class clown, a Gazza 1990 style, Joker !!! In the Channel M video you can see Hughes play acting with Wolfy to get the camera on them !

What ever else happened will ONLY be knowN by the staff of the Belle Vue, players and staff of OAFC

Shez allowed the players to have 2 days off mid week with an important game coming up allowing them to drink !

End of ! Shez is responsible, shez lives by the sword, dies by the sword !

Shez allowed the players to have 2 days off mid week with an important game coming up allowing them to drink !

End of ! Shez is responsible, shez lives by the sword, dies by the sword !

That's BS Richie.

Are you trying to tell me that if Shez had told AH/SC that his players were not going to this event it would have been accepted and the event cancelled? Pull the other one mate.

Why such a terse statement from the club then Rich if it was only a few home truths? If it didn't happen why not a complete and utter denial of the stories in the red tops?

Edit: I hope that you are not going to tell me that the board are investigating the fact that player x may have shouted at player y for a bad pass. What a waste of time and resources and you know as well as I do that you are being played for a sap by the fans representative body in collusion with the club to try and hush it up.

Derek.

Get your facts right before forming an opinion, making statements like these is unwelcome and untrue and speculative at best.

...and like I said before - I ain't Mr.Hughes' biggest fan, but to have his mugshot in the MEN article is sloppy, lazy, journalism - "He's an ex-con with a history of drink related incidents, I can get away with using him in the piece..."

Shame - get it removed now MEN - it's not doing the club any favours.

so, what did happen exactly...............................????

Right boys and girls, after my pessimistic ramblings of Saturday night (when yes I was -unusually- depressed after that horrendous performance) I am now back on track.

We need on this board to put a few things in perspective about the dogs night.

Firstly, whatever went on it is not related to any happenings on the football pitch and as much as some people would like, the managers position should not be at issue for any other reason than his responsibilities for the discipline he lays down to the players for a particular club night out/function or his own behaviour at such function.

Secondly, the event was a pre -planned night following a sponsorship deal with BelleVue. It had been scheduled for the 3rd February and was re-arranged as the Bristol Rovers game had been postponed and re-arranged for the 24th. The date was specifically chosen for the fact it was a free date after the Leeds game and the players usual midweek day off is a Wednesday (I will come back to players days off later)

Thirdly, in the first instance, players, professional footballers in general have a responsibility to adhere to a certain discsipline as part of their wider job description and for which they are accountable. As such, the club will deal with any breaches accordingly.

This thread is filled with rumour, conjecture and a certain amount of talking b*ll*x.

Now for the facts, some of which have been published in the official statement.

There was an incident/incidents at the Belle Vue night out which the club is/are investigating.

A board meeting was held on Wednesday to discuss the matter as the Chairman (Simon Blitz) was still in the Country after attending the Leeds game

Club exec/s have since attended Belle Vue and viewed cctv footage of the incident

Having taken initial action to review allegations the club have issued a statement to confirm what is going on. (Probably) to answer rumour, conjecture and the usual talking of b*ll*x

The club go on to say that they will make no further comment until further notice.

The club are continuing investigations into the incident/s, will have meetings/disciplinary hearings with employees concerned.

If disciplinary proceedings take place and disciplinary action is taken, said employees will have right of appeal.

The club will not issue any further comment until such proceedings are exhausted.

Those are the facts as I see/understand them. None of which are speculation or given to me by a :sauce: or a friend of a friend.

I would also like to answer the point raised by opinions4u in post 57 and categorically state that the Royle poll was not a plant by the club to guage opinion. The poll was started by me in my sheer desparation solely at Saturdays abject performance.

For the record my views are that I trust the club to deal with this professionally, there are employment laws that they have to adhere to and despite the public/fans clamour for more information, the employees concerned have legitimate rights that have to be protected.

The press are picking out Hughes because of his past (it sells more papers at the end of the day) but I understand that Lee will be cleared in this instance. (see Wardle's post)

Like Coco, I have no problem with the night out in principle. After 3 games in 7 days the idea of the team having some relaxation and some bonding time is not a particular problem as a rule. However it will be down to the manager to set the discipline expected of his players, based on what point of the week they are at, the planned training regime and preparation for upcoming matches. At the end of the day it is the night before an official day off and is not after Wednesday when a Saturday match follows (Usually managers insist that players abstain from -alchoholic - nights out less than 3 nights before a game)

There also seems to be concern expressed by the club about the players being given 2 days off after the Leeds game (Tuesday & Wednesday) I was initially surprised at this concern as I assumed (assumption is the mother of all f*ck up) that the palyers would have trained on Sunday (a usual day off) due to the Leeds game on Monday night and therefore been given the Tuesday in Lieu of Sunday. However, maybe the players did not train on the Sunday and the club are not happy about this, especially after what had been said by the MD & Chief Exec following "preparations" for the Yeovil home game where we lost.

Cheers,

Harry

That's BS Richie.

Are you trying to tell me that if Shez had told AH/SC that his players were not going to this event it would have been accepted and the event cancelled? Pull the other one mate.

Nope I'm not trying to say that !

The players have before and will again attend fans events and not drink alcohol.

The players were supposed to be there to mingle with the fans, Hughes was one of the only players along with Crossley and shez to talk with fans I'm told by someone who attended. Other players were more interested talking in groups and drinking.

The players should have attended, left at say 10 pm and gone on there way together for a night with the lads somewhere, away from the fans and had a good night.

...and like I said before - I ain't Mr.Hughes' biggest fan, but to have his mugshot in the MEN article is sloppy, lazy, journalism - "He's an ex-con with a history of drink related incidents, I can get away with using him in the piece..."

Shame - get it removed now MEN - it's not doing the club any favours.

The press are picking out Hughes because of his past (it sells more papers at the end of the day) but I understand that Lee will be cleared in this instance. (see Wardle's post)

Thanks for that H....

MEN - shame on you for using crap journalists...

Unwelcome maybe. Untrue, certainly not - I know full well it has happened in the past.

Derek.

On this occassion it is untrue, the past is the past !!!!!

Many fans attended the evening and dont post on here through choice but experienced some of the incidents and are very angry about some comments written in the national and local gutter press !!

Let's get this straight, Derek.

Are you accusing Wardlelatic and the Trust of collusion with the club in some kind of cover up?

Cos that's just fanciful bollocks if you are.

If you don't mind me saying, like.

Thats right, we have also colluded with many things over the Years.

Diana Gate

Area 51

Shergar

and geting a woman has PM (God loves you Maggie) :grin:

On owtb I'm a fan, nothing more nothing less .. I work on the behalf of no-one unless ........

Willing to pay me, base salary plus overtime with Saturdays off and flexi finishes on Tuesday :wink:

Let's get this straight, Derek.

Are you accusing Wardlelatic and the Trust of collusion with the club in some kind of cover up?

Cos that's just fanciful bollocks if you are.

If you don't mind me saying, like.

Of course I don't mind you saying so Garcon.

Wardles post smacked of 'nothing happened, nothing happened, the press have made it all up. It was a few handbags thats all'.

If that was the truth the club would surely have issued a quick and fast rebuttal and had lawyers on the case post haste.

Now I'm not saying that what the press have written is 100% accurate which is why I have been reticent to name names in the posts where I have critisised the events of last Tuesday - but there has certainly been a lot more happening than a few cross words and a clip around the ear.

As has been posted by a few today, I am in agreeance with the opinion that the club would have liked to have it swept under the carpet and as Lags pointed out that there is no smoke without fire. Until the red tops got hold of it then there was every chance of that happening.

As for the trust/ club thing, well I will keep my own council in that respect other than to say that I think that they are far too closely entwined with each other.

Derek.

Right or wrong, accurate or not, shoddy journalism or not this is unacceptable coverage of the club. I am a great believer in no smoke without fire and something or someone is fanning the flames at BP. It's time it stopped and changes were made, whether that be Sheridan or Sheridan changes things.

I don't think anyone at the club is fanning the flaimes. Where did the story first originate? HERE ON THIS MSG BOARD. The press read these boards, and if anything jiucy turns up they print it

If we don't want things to get out, then don't post it on this board. Keep it to yourselves.

Of course I don't mind you saying so Garcon.

Wardles post smacked of 'nothing happened, nothing happened, the press have made it all up. It was a few handbags thats all'.

If that was the truth the club would surely have issued a quick and fast rebuttal and had lawyers on the case post haste.

Now I'm not saying that what the press have written is 100% accurate which is why I have been reticent to name names in the posts where I have critisised the events of last Tuesday - but there has certainly been a lot more happening than a few cross words and a clip around the ear.

As has been posted by a few today, I am in agreeance with the opinion that the club would have liked to have it swept under the carpet and as Lags pointed out that there is no smoke without fire. Until the red tops got hold of it then there was every chance of that happening.

As for the trust/ club thing, well I will keep my own council in that respect other than to say that I think that they are far too closely entwined with each other.

Derek.

Facts not true

Windass was not at the event

Hughes did not intimidate or provoke a female member of staff at the dogs

Hughes did not have his penis on view in a public area

Hughes did not have Sheridan in a headlock

Alcohol let a few home truths come out, some heated exchanges occurred.

Some senior players acted in an aggressive manner towards staff and other players but not towards any fans or Staff of Belle Vue

Where have I said nothing happened, nothing happened ??

I have merely corrected what the lazy Journo's have stated to be correct and highlighted some information I have been given by a fellow fan... Acting in an aggressive manner is non specific, enforcing that maybe some players did MAYBE get physical with each other ! this in no way smacks nothing happened, nothing happen, that is just your own opinion about the poster !

I would also like to answer the point raised by opinions4u in post 57 and categorically state that the Royle poll was not a plant by the club to guage opinion. The poll was started by me in my sheer desparation solely at Saturdays abject performance.

Thanks. I have edited my comment to reference your reply. As I said, it crossed my mind - all part of the conjecture that makes such things great material for message boards.

With all the filming, meeting fans etc and due to the fact a night at the dogs isn't a very long evening. Not sure there was time for players to drink as much as people are making out.

Maybe it was the 4 hours of drinking most of the players did before the event that should be looked at ?????

Care to enlighten us?

Wardlelatic,

Lets put things in perspective, firstly, great picture/avatar and secondly, great picture/avatar.

Must say tho, this is a very interesting topic and in the grand scheme of things we've had less air time than the chap who lost his sight in one eye with an elbow in the face and Rio Ferdibands sore toe.

It needs to be dropped / forgotten about. Lets get this aggression on the pitch and secure some points.

A season never out the top six, come on! lets not :censored:e like this ruin it.

3 points at MKD and it will be forgotten!

Care to enlighten us?

Spectulation from what was said in his interview on the night and what fans at the event have said.

"Most the players have been out all afternoon before they came" is one text I got

Wardlelatic,

Lets put things in perspective, firstly, great picture/avatar and secondly, great picture/avatar.

Must say tho, this is a very interesting topic and in the grand scheme of things we've had less air time than the chap who lost his sight in one eye with an elbow in the face and Rio Ferdibands sore toe.

It needs to be dropped / forgotten about. Lets get this aggression on the pitch and secure some points.

A season never out the top six, come on! lets not :censored:e like this ruin it.

3 points at MKD and it will be forgotten!

Post of the month !! :grin:

Agree 100%

3 points on Sat and this will all be put to one side,

All the fans want is to get promoted, I dont care if they go to the dogs every other night, I just want them to play as a team and win blooming games !!

Where have I said nothing happened, nothing happened ??

I have merely corrected what the lazy Journo's have stated to be correct and highlighted some information I have been given by a fellow fan... Acting in an aggressive manner is non specific, enforcing that maybe some players did MAYBE get physical with each other ! this in no way smacks nothing happened, nothing happen, that is just your own opinion about the poster !

So Rich - you didn't attend the event, but are able to correct the stories written in the press by using information that someone that did attend passed on to you? From reading your posts that is the impression I get.

So, shall we invent a hypothetical situation?

It kicks off, perhaps in the manner that the red tops describe, perhaps not.

Your friend/ informant/ fellow fan is in the toilet/ at the bar/ has his back to the VIP lounge/ is watching the dog he had put a bet upon.

How is it possible, in any way whatsoever, for you to refute so certainly what has been written if it is not information directly from either the club or your sources at the trust if you were not at the event and not watching every player for the whole of the night?

To me what you posted does smack of (not stated) 'nothing happened and it was all handbags' - and I will say now that I have no axe to grind with either yourself or the trust, it's just my opinion on your post.

Despite the fact that I attend very irregularly nowadays (admittedly I am bored stiff by it all) it still affects me when I see the clubs good name dragged through the mud through the actions of grown men behaving like pre-pubescent idiots.

1. I wish the whole sorry affair hadn't have happened - as I initally posted on the first thread about it I hoped it would all be handbags; but

2. I want the whole thing to be over as quickly as possible now it has come to light and it was almost certainly substantially more than that which I had initially hoped. If that means that dismissals have to be made then so be it.

Whilst fans with many years of service are leaving in dribs and drabs (and it will undoubtedly get worse as the performances come up lacking yet again and renewal time looms) it must be very worrying for the club. The reason is that they are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the stagnation.

We were in a good position and something has gone very seriously wrong again for the third/ fourth consecutive year.

Why?

I put it to you that a continuous lack of discipline at the club is a fair meter to all our ails of the post Talbot era. For four consecutive years we have had an apparently decent team, and most certainly been in decent positions approaching the dawning of Spring and managed to snatch failure from the jaws of glory every single time.

Ronnie lacked discipline, and it now seems that Shez does to. The booze culture has been in this club for too long and it needs to stop and stop now.

As fans, season ticket holders and investors in the club are we not well within our rights to ask the most demanding of questions at times like this?

Derek.

Edit: that do you are promoting may well be interesting now, despite the rip off twelve quid pie.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Whilst fans with many years of service are leaving in dribs and drabs (and it will undoubtedly get worse as the performances come up lacking yet again and renewal time looms) it must be very worrying for the club. The reason is that they are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the stagnation.

We were in a good position and something has gone very seriously wrong again for the third/ fourth consecutive year.

Regardless of the causes, this is the number one issue for the club right now. The disappointmets of the last three seasons have been hard enought to take, but I'd add that the putting on hold indefinitely of the stadium plan-the only way forward for the club financially-has been the straw that broke the camel's back. Many fans of long-standing now seem to have finally give up hope. (Not saying that it's anybody's fault, apart, maybe, from the council and local business for their routine apathy regarding anything Latics.)

When a team in the top six all year is attracting little more than 4,000 home fans, it's time to worry.

Regardless of the causes, this is the number one issue for the club right now. The disappointmets of the last three seasons have been hard enought to take, but I'd add that the putting on hold indefinitely of the stadium plan-the only way forward for the club financially-has been the straw that broke the camel's back. Many fans of long-standing now seem to have finally give up hope. (Not saying that it's anybody's fault, apart, maybe, from the council and local business for their routine apathy regarding anything Latics.)

When a team in the top six all year is attracting little more than 4,000 home fans, it's time to worry.

You're right but what I find strange is that I've personally enjoyed Latics more in recent seasons than for a good few before that (bar the Dowie play-off season) and yet crowds today are 50% lower than when we WERE crap. I suppose there's a host of factors which contribute though which is why it's so hard to address.

Maybe we should re-invent ourselves, adopt a 'crazy gang' approach and embrace and encourage nights like the dogs. It's a bit of entertainment.