Hughes to The Lashers!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe has stated that we cant afford him next season so lets get him in the shop window and get money for him. Sounds like Joe might be staying or am I reading too much into "we"!! Wants to play Smalley up front....so why not give it a chance?

He's out of contract in the summer so we wouldn’t get anything from him only lacklustre performances and him upsetting the balance of the dressing room, I hope gregan is kacking his pants now because he’s next!!

How exactly would we get money for a player out of contract at the end of the season?

... its Joes Jedi mind tricks again... or he still thinks its 1990.

Ah well.. thanks for the memories Hughesy... I'll never forget that run of away games last season when he tore the opposition a new rear end for 10 or so games...

Never got back to that... but a gameble that maybe paid off... sort of... well...

Have the lashers got any games against coventry left??? :wink:

He's with a view to a perm move in the summer as well.

Leaving the baggage aside, he's not the striker I was expecting. 6ft+ a basic on that one. However he has scored 1 in 2 this season and will be a foil alongside DJ.

But then, that baggage doesn't go away, although it did with BNP Athletic fans

What one of the lashers said. dont think that was needed.

Been reading their board. They are not happy with this whatso ever. Even less so than some on here. the word murderer and scumbag appear numerous time. Harsh words and ultimatley might have been a bad move for hughsey unless he can bang in some goals early on to get them on his side. As for latics i think that the promotion push has gone but at least we can try out new things. And who knows maybe LH was holding some players back. Its hard to know what goes on behind the scenes.

Interesting coming from fans whose owner is a convicted rapist sentenced to six years...

Effectively ends the season for us I feel.... Any distant hope now fully gone....

what a stupid quote....if he aint scoring goals(which at the moment he aint) he gives us nothing. he gets booked a lot, if offside alot and stands behind his man instead of getting to the front post like all good goalscorers do alot. all we have done all year is play hughes with someone else.. Maybe he is the problem.. look at who we have had here.. byfield, ormerod, kabba, windass... all good strikers at this level ( not to mention davies and o'grady and allesandra) an ok they were awful when they were here but maybe it is because of him??? he never came in for the stick like all the rest of them did ... personally i think allesandra and kabba will be a good partnership.

Being honest I dont really know what to think

My question is after seeing the faces of Allott and Whit on Tuesday night after the late goal, they believed that they still had a chance of the play offs and were buzzing

48 hours later the clubs leading scorer has left the club,

Will the Players still feel as confindent ? will there glimmer of hope now be blown out ?

or will Smalley and Co be thrown into the deep end and perform like Neil Trottman did and smash expectations ?

I'm happy that he's gone...No player is bigger than the club.

We AND LEE HUGHES have been rubbish in a crap division since Christmas. Only 4 wins in 17 games is relegation form, however, if we'd won just 4 more games we'd be third pressing for automatic!!!

When Lee left his contract offer unsigned the writing was on the wall and in a way I'm glad he didn't sign it!

It's up to the kids on Saturday and one thing you will get is pace and effort..We just might be in for a surprise!!

This will have been Joe's decision and confirms for me that he will still be here next year and possibly a few after that!!!

Maybe latics got a loan fee through? Saves a wage plus a wedge, made a little money on him afterall?

Doubt it. This smacks of wanting rid as soon as. You don't tend to get a premium for unwanted, unsettling influences, IMO.

Edited by Ketsbaia

IF we can't afford Hughesy at the end of the season what hope is there of weighing out on a top class striker next season, we knew Hughes came to the club with a lot of baggage and whether you liked him or not he is top scorer with midfielders Taylor and Liddell behind with a big drop off. We have tried many strikers over the season and we should still give Alessandra and Smalley time but you need an experienced 20 goal a season striker to get out of the division. We don't have the money and now we don't have Hughes.

Been reading their board. They are not happy with this whatso ever. Even less so than some on here. the word murderer and scumbag appear numerous time. Harsh words and ultimatley might have been a bad move for hughsey unless he can bang in some goals early on to get them on his side. As for latics i think that the promotion push has gone but at least we can try out new things. And who knows maybe LH was holding some players back. Its hard to know what goes on behind the scenes.

From a lashers fan who I know (edited for langauge)

"F***ing hell, you must be busy! Trying to get my head round this. Head says rip my ST up but not sure if I can. Dirty sc**bag in a Pool shirt is hard to stomach.

Oh dear... :grin:

A loan is THE only way he could play for another club before next season.

Yes but the question was has he been sacked?

If we sacked him why would we keep his registration and contract and send him out on loan?

I wouldnt careless if i sacked him and it meant he couldnt play again its not like we were due a transfer fee etc.

At least all those who chant his name when he misses a sitter/miss controls/miss places a pass/ falls over or dives will hopefully pass on their encouragement to someone else.

Maybe Eardley would be a good option, he gets slagged off for mistakes whereas Hughes gets his name chanted.

A bold move by Joe but I feel it is the right one given he wasn't going to sign his contract offer

Means we can now give youth there chance to impress

Thanks for the goals Lee but 1 player is never bigger than the team