Hughes to The Lashers!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Donkey lashers are taking Hughes on loan - So I understand. Seems Royle has been rooting out problems!!!

Shoot me if im wrong :grin:

Yep, seems a few of us have heard this. How do I feel about it? To be honest rather like Hughes' performances recently...meh!

The Donkey lashers are taking Hughes on loan - So I understand. Seems Royle has been rooting out problems!!!

Shoot me if im wrong :grin:

i have just read the gazette and it says they are still trying to seal a loan deal for a forward before 5pm but mentions no names.

I HATE THE LASHERS!

only thing i found on blackpool on sporting life is this

Simon Walton has joined Blackpool on loan for the rest of the season from Championship relegation rivals Plymouth.

Midfielder Walton was placed on the transfer list by Pilgrims boss Paul Sturrock in December after his red card in the defeat by Barnsley.

Walton has featured just four times for Plymouth since his dismissal and has now been loaned out to the Seasiders for the remainder of the term.

He will not be eligible to play against his parent club when Blackpool return to Championship action following the international break at Bloomfield Road.

i have just read the gazette and it says they are still trying to seal a loan deal for a forward before 5pm but mentions no names.

I HATE THE LASHERS!

Think Hughes has been poor for a feew months. He has shown the club no respect with the contract and all the donny stuff?? His agent has been trying to stir stuff. 18 goals!!! is good but feel he could have had many more. Cant say Im dissappointed :wink:

Think Hughes has been poor for a feew months. He has shown the club no respect with the contract and all the donny stuff?? His agent has been trying to stir stuff. 18 goals!!! is good but feel he could have had many more. Cant say Im dissappointed :wink:

I can't see this officially anywhere.

He may have scored 18 goals, but Chris Taylor has scored 10 from the bleedin left wing!

This is 100% true. Gone to Lashers on loan.

I'm with you Prozac - whatever! He's not looked interested for a while, we all know we're not going to make the playoffs (even though it is mathematically still well possible) and the money saved on his wages may just allow big Joe to bring someone else in.

I do wonder though whether this is Royle starting to put the building blocks in place for HIS team next season. I may be well wrong and if I am, oh well!!!

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDeta...1603965,00.html

Hughes Swaps Oldham For Blackpool

Thu 26 Mar 2009

The Seasiders have beaten the 5pm loan deadline by signing striker Lee Hughes from Oldham Athletic until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old former West Bromwich Albion player has been in fine form for the Latics this season, scoring 18 goals in 36 league starts.

Hughes, who has also previously played for Coventry City, will wear the number 35 shirt and will add further competition to the current striking options available.