Hughes to The Lashers!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really gutted - our best striker in years... although who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I think I knew that the season was over, but this confirms it.

Hopefully we can, at least, be entertained at BP for the last few games...

What is happening at the club??? Hughesy on loan to Blackpool until the end of the season then we may be saying goodbye to him as we can't afford him. So close to getting into the play offs and we let our double figure striker go. We only have Alessandra, Kabba and Smalley to pick from on Saturday!

This is just another reason to try and forget this season, started off full of promise but now we are back to selecting Smalley, Alessandra and Kabba. If we are going with the young players then maybe we should stick with them for awhile and not dump them back onto the bench in future ? It is a big ask for Lewis to come back into the team and bang the goals in when he has not played much for months but then I guess we have sacked any idea of the playoffs now.

What is happening at the club??? Hughesy on loan to Blackpool until the end of the season then we may be saying goodbye to him as we can't afford him. So close to getting into the play offs and we let our double figure striker go. We only have Alessandra, Kabba and Smalley to pick from on Saturday!

I think big Joes thinking about NEXT SEASONS budget, and has give up on this season!

The club now have given up any chance of the play offs

I wouldnt have minded LH leaving in the summer but letting him leave now to Blackpool STINKS !

Why let your leading scorer leave now ?

The club can not now ask the FANS to get behind the team for the remainder of the home games when the club top bosses clearly have given up on this season.

LH hasnt been playing well for the last 6 weeks, granted but neither have 95% of the team

Why not let SG go out on loan ? He has caused more trouble than LH

JR might not fancy him but what if Joe doesnt stay ? The new manager may have loved to have LH !

I pay on the day for games and I will still go but my mates wont now, even if they only charge £5 a game

You dont let your leading scorer go without having a replacement, which we havnt got !

Poor management from the top to the bottom with this decision IMO

Joe has stated that we cant afford him next season so lets get him in the shop window and get money for him. Sounds like Joe might be staying or am I reading too much into "we"!! Wants to play Smalley up front....so why not give it a chance?

WOHOO!

We have just signed 11 new players that go straight into the team this Saturday!!!

Now that Mr Ego has gone there’s no shadow of bad publicity hanging over the players. let’s hope we now have a team!!!

Nobody is 'bigger' than anyone else on the pitch now only the manager in stature and thats what makes a team successful (Fergie clough etc).

I couldn’t be more happier! no Sheridan no Hughes!

HAPPY DAYS A TEAM AGAIN!!

Joe has stated that we cant afford him next season so lets get him in the shop window and get money for him. Sounds like Joe might be staying or am I reading too much into "we"!! Wants to play Smalley up front....so why not give it a chance?

How exactly would we get money for a player out of contract at the end of the season?

The club now have given up any chance of the play offs

I wouldnt have minded LH leaving in the summer but letting him leave now to Blackpool STINKS !

Why let your leading scorer leave now ?

The club can not now ask the FANS to get behind the team for the remainder of the home games when the club top bosses clearly have given up on this season.

LH hasnt been playing well for the last 6 weeks, granted but neither have 95% of the team

Why not let SG go out on loan ? He has caused more trouble than LH

JR might not fancy him but what if Joe doesnt stay ? The new manager may have loved to have LH !

I pay on the day for games and I will still go but my mates wont now, even if they only charge £5 a game

You dont let your leading scorer go without having a replacement, which we havnt got !

Poor management from the top to the bottom with this decision IMO

He wasnt going to re sign with us anyway

Been reading their board. They are not happy with this whatso ever. Even less so than some on here. the word murderer and scumbag appear numerous time. Harsh words and ultimatley might have been a bad move for hughsey unless he can bang in some goals early on to get them on his side. As for latics i think that the promotion push has gone but at least we can try out new things. And who knows maybe LH was holding some players back. Its hard to know what goes on behind the scenes.

Hughes has now gone and we will not be receiving any money for him

Saving grace is our wage bill now will be better until June