Taylor - Birmingham

BLUES CHASING LATICS STARLET 6/05/2009 (Todays Mirror)

Alex Mcleish is making a £600,000 bid for Oldham's exciting young left winger Chris Taylor - and could make him his shock first capture for the Premier League.

Birmingham boss McLeish (above) has approached the hard-up Latics about their 22- year-old home-grown star and hopes for permission to tie up the move quickly..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Mcleish is making a £600,000 bid for Oldham's exciting young left winger Chris Taylor - and could make him his shock first capture for the Premier League.

Birmingham boss McLeish (above) has approached the hard-up Latics about their 22- year-old home-grown star and hopes for permission to tie up the move quickly..

No. Just under a new contract and with other clubs interested that would be far too cheap.

No. Just under a new contract and with other clubs interested that would be far too cheap.

I preferred the £8m from Everton for Taylor and Eardley.

I think the comparison would be Anthony Pilkington at Stockport. He went to Huddersfield for £550k after half a season at this level - they know they got a bargain, snapped up under financial duress.

In the context of:

- played longer at this level

- under contract

- Birmingham have money

- TTA don't supposedly need to sell

- creates goals

- scores goals

I'd say worth double or more.

Bids well in excess of a million please.

Edited by opinions4u

I'd consider 600k an insult, anything less than 1M would be.

I preferred the £8m from Everton for Taylor and Eardley.

I think the comparison would be Anthony Pilkington at Stockport. He went to Huddersfield for £550k after half a season at this level - they know they got a bargain, snapped up under financial duress.

In the context of:

- played longer at this level

- under contract

- Birmingham have money

- TTA don't supposedly need to sell

- creates goals

- scores goals

I'd say worth double or more.

Bids well in excess of a million please.

And can player in midfield or attacak and is left or right footed.

RAre as rocking horse stuff.

So yes defiantely more than £1m, even in this climate.

Edited by singe

Corp do you write for the Mirror ?

ohhhhhhhhh hang on taylor is injured did he do it in a game or while in training reason i ask that is if he did it in training that could mean club cover up as he heads to a club for talks if it was ingame obv just injured,also taylor being a oldham fan i think he signed a bigger contract so the club would get more money from it etc.

ohhhhhhhhh hang on taylor is injured did he do it in a game or while in training reason i ask that is if he did it in training that could mean club cover up as he heads to a club for talks if it was ingame obv just injured,also taylor being a oldham fan i think he signed a bigger contract so the club would get more money from it etc.

Looking at the strapping on his leg and the way he was moving I find it very doubtful it was a cover up...

Didn't Sheff Wed make a similar offer in January that was turned down as it didn't meet Latics valuation !!

Would be extremely disappointed if he went for less than £1.5M + Add ons.

The young Chelsea lad did it with the last kick of his training whilst at the club didn't he?

600k Pah they don't even get his bad foot for that. Double it minimum, but considering he was in the league 1 team of the year, is capable of playing on either flank, can go up front (and if Joe is right could end up there), has just signed a new contract, is a genuine Oldham fan (and so's his Dad) I'd say we'd be daft to sell for anything less than 1.5 mill with some nice add ons. We are not that hard up- the owners aren't going to let our best playing asset (with the possible exception of 20% of Micah) for cheap. This is the mirror not knowing its arse from its elbow and picking a player at random and a price at random for a new Premiership team.

As to his foot having seen Chris walk down the steps from quite close if he's faking that then he should give up football and move into acting- he'd win an Oscar. That injury is 100% real and there is no cover-up- or at least that's what I think Kungfoo is asking when I managed to read what they wrote.

600k Pah they don't even get his bad foot for that. Double it minimum, but considering he was in the league 1 team of the year, is capable of playing on either flank, can go up front (and if Joe is right could end up there), has just signed a new contract, is a genuine Oldham fan (and so's his Dad) I'd say we'd be daft to sell for anything less than 1.5 mill with some nice add ons. We are not that hard up- the owners aren't going to let our best playing asset (with the possible exception of 20% of Micah) for cheap. This is the mirror not knowing its arse from its elbow and picking a player at random and a price at random for a new Premiership team.

As to his foot having seen Chris walk down the steps from quite close if he's faking that then he should give up football and move into acting- he'd win an Oscar. That injury is 100% real and there is no cover-up- or at least that's what I think Kungfoo is asking when I managed to read what they wrote.

sell him!!!! hes over rated £600k is a good piece of business put a sell on clause aswell because he might be a good player 1 day

its shockin to think hes our best player shows how good we are. team throw 2 players on him and hes buggered.

sorry to chris taylor fans by the way i no you wont like me sayin this