Taylor - Birmingham

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everychance we can get more for him.

was it crewe who got 2 million for Nicky Maynard??? he hasnt set the world on fire since has he. 2 decent seasons at crewe and the silly money comes out evan with the economy if someone wants Taylor badly they will pay daft money for him

Taylors plus points all add to his value

1.Hes scoring goals. 10 from left wing not bad at all

2.Hes got ability on the ball to take someone on

3.Can play a few positions

4.he dosnt seem like he wants to move

Guest Scratch2000uk

He's got to be worth more than that, and i think Mr McLeash is trying it on a bit.. to say the least. :blink:

Up it to at least 900k with sell on clauses. :wink:

Having said that, would anyone here stand in Chris's way to play premiership football. :blush:

I'm sure that will be a factor in anyones decision to sell him on. :shock:

General rule of thumb.

Take the valuation put on a good player by their fans. Divide by 2 and add on some clauses = realistic fee.

£600k is a reasonable opening bid in my opinion. I'd hope that it would end up being around the £750 mark perhaps with the clauses that might see that creeping nearer the £1 million if he plays in x games / scores y goals. Or a % sell-on clause.

General rule of thumb.

Take the valuation put on a good player by their fans. Divide by 2 and add on some clauses = realistic fee.

£600k is a reasonable opening bid in my opinion. I'd hope that it would end up being around the £750 mark perhaps with the clauses that might see that creeping nearer the £1 million if he plays in x games / scores y goals. Or a % sell-on clause.

Yeah thats sounds about right, £750k is the most realistic figure, comparing him to other players is stupid given the change in the market.

Yeah thats sounds about right, £750k is the most realistic figure, comparing him to other players is stupid given the change in the market.

I havent read all the threads but i think it depends on what happens, if anything to Micah Richards in the summer. If he gets sold and we get a decent cut, then i cant see TTA selling for any less £1m. Mainly because they probably wouldnt need to, but also would be in a better positon to hold out for a better offer.

Saying that most clubs will come in with a low bid just to test the water. If he does go for less than £1m then i would expect there to be considerable add ons over time.

:lol:

as my Penney opinion actually changed all that much?

Well, it's gone from vociferously voicing your anti-Penney opinion and listing reasons why you wanted someone else to "actually, he ain't all that bad since I had a lie-down so here's to giving him a whirl".

So, I'd say it's a fair old swing that.

Well, it's gone from vociferously voicing your anti-Penney opinion and listing reasons why you wanted someone else to "actually, he ain't all that bad since I had a lie-down so here's to giving him a whirl".

So, I'd say it's a fair old swing that.

Messageboard user in posting shocker :)

Seriously though... He wasnt my choice, I had a grumble and now its all steam behind him...what more do you want from me :) Its hardly a U turn....do you expect me to keep making anti Penney posts ? I want to get behind him ...

Edited by oafc0000

Messageboard user in posting shocker :)

Seriously though... He wasnt my choice, I had a grumble and now its all steam behind him...what more do you want from me :) Its hardly a U turn....do you expect me to keep making anti Penney posts ? I want to get behind him ...

Now that's a bit too affectionate....

as my Penney opinion actually changed all that much?

in the grand scheme of things clubs can offer whatever they like for a player...it is upto the holding club to decide exactly what the player is worth,and not just in monetry terms either.

if we sold taylor for 600k,who would we replace him with and for how much???

mr penny may unearth a rare gem and we make a killing on it,but he may not.

if there being cheeky and offering paultry amounts,the club need to turn round and say cheers....but up it by another 500k and throw in phillips,then we have somewhere to work from,lets see how badly they want him.

also the club know grayson is a big fan of taylor,and if leeds go up via playoffs,im sure he will come calling again.

Happens every season...One of the three that go up will sniff around the lower leagues and try and give as little as they can for a club's best player

But as we all know...If the situation was reversed we would do the same.

To be honest IF a bid of £700k plus came in then it would be realistic to accept the bid providing there were appearance and sell on bonuses. One would hope that DP would be allowed to use most of the funds to strengthen the team....but I wouldn't hold my breath

I am surprised Birmingham haven't joined the vultures that have descended on Southampton there are one or two bargains to be had and more than a couple of players no longer committed to the club......

Kevin Phillips and 200k with a 20% sell on clause thanks. :)

You would sell, arguably, our best player for a paltry 200k with the prospect of another similar amount in a few years time if we're lucky.... and include a 36year old with perhaps one, maybe two seasons left at this level and no chance of a fee at the end.....now that would be complete lunacy!!!

You would sell, arguably, our best player for a paltry 200k with the prospect of another similar amount in a few years time if we're lucky.... and include a 36year old with perhaps one, maybe two seasons left at this level and no chance of a fee at the end.....now that would be complete lunacy!!!

Not to mention the couple of million we would have to part with on wages.

Not to mention the couple of million we would have to part with on wages.

plus the fact that phillips knows he could still get a team it in the championship who would pay him more and he could be succesful with them