Taylor - Birmingham

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't say that!! A certain ChampManager lover might never sell him!!

:lol:

haha i did cheat alittle as i kept getting sacked as manager so i gave us 900mil :D made the older players younger someone put a offer in for alassander for 3 mill and even tho we had 900 mil the owners interupted and sold him raaaaaar lol

haha i did cheat alittle as i kept getting sacked as manager so i gave us 900mil :D made the older players younger someone put a offer in for alassander for 3 mill and even tho we had 900 mil the owners interupted and sold him raaaaaar lol

how the hell did you get 900mil lol

how the hell did you get 900mil lol

Must've sold Wolfy.

(or messed about with the settings sticking in a cheat*, which makes the game a little pointless - but each to their own I guess).

*I seem to remember some sugar daddy option in about 2004

Edited by OldhamSheridan

lolz

You can use the editor facility to allow the club to be taken over by a billionaire.

Like OS says, a little pointless really.

i wanted to live the oldham dream i tried the real way 20 times and just got mid table or the sack haha also ive set it so on a certian date 2 players are being bought by chelsea and manu manu are buying davies for 900 mill hopefully making them bankrupt and chelsea are buying wolfden for 900mill oh il get some pics up of my staff i have got also team :D

Back on Topic........

I hate this phrase (I hear all the time in work) but; the current economic climate will dictate the transfer fees paid out by clubs this summer unfortunately.

There was a time where I would have said that Taylor was worth 1million+ & with add on's & incentives in the mix too; but....

In these times, £750,000 to £900,000 with a few performance targets (appearances etc) is a realistic transfer fee for CT.

Our only hope if we are expecting to cash in to the tune of 1miillion+ is that a bidding war ensues between a number a clubs, and we are able to play them off against each other to push up the value.

Reading, Sheff Utd, Birmingham, Leeds, Blackpool, Plymouth, Blackburn have all been mooted as potential suitors at various times over this season & the last one......if more teams enter that mix; then we might expect a transfer battle to result?

Personally, I want CT to remain with us; so we can almost build a team around him. Penney likes his wingers in a 4-4-2 formation, and i think both CT & Smalley will play big parts for us next season. But realistically; if an attractive bid were to come in for Taylor then I think the club have a duty to fully consider it with all the subsequent issues that it would involve (replacement player / fans dissatisfaction etc).

and back on topic for me anything less than 1mil is stupid oldham have to learn from mistakes where thay have let players go to cheap jsut for a quick fix its not like he wants to leave also so its a sit and see game if thay want him that bad pay for it.

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure I'd want us to sell Taylor for 600K or even more.

It would be my guess that very little or none of the fee would be used to replace him or strengthen what is a shockingly poor squad of players already, without the loss of Taylor.

I'm certain the owners wouldn't want to trust Penney with another Penny after the purchases of Colbeck and Furman.

£600k? I'd snap their hand off. Evaluation looks about right to me.

Exactly. Hilarious reading some of the proclamations of grandeur earlier in this thread...

I'm sure the scouts have still been in the stands this season (and th last 6 months of last) - what do you think thier reports on Talys would be? "Looks Injured" "lacking Confidence" "barely any impact" "probably still worth a punt if we can get on the cheap" "Looked good but needs a hell of a lot of work, looks like he has been spoiled by a season too long with crap coaching"

The only reason anyone would pay £500k + for talor is on 'potential' because he has been shocking for the last 18 months, and that isnt going to change if he stays here.

The time to sell Taylor was last year, when he still looked like a player, we looked like a good team, and to be honest, neither of us looked desperate. Personally I hope he buggers off as soon as possible for himself - so he might still have a chance of making it at a higher level, as he is just going to get worse here.

£600k? yes please....

BLUES CHASING LATICS STARLET 6/05/2009 (Todays Mirror)

Alex Mcleish is making a £600,000 bid for Oldham's exciting young left winger Chris Taylor - and could make him his shock first capture for the Premier League.

Birmingham boss McLeish (above) has approached the hard-up Latics about their 22- year-old home-grown star and hopes for permission to tie up the move quickly..

Yes on one condition though...... That the transfer money be used to bring players of a higher calibre in.

Edit: A good proportion of the transfer money be used to bring in players.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Dont think you will need to either as in a nutshell, thats what everyone else thinks

Carl, please don't tell me that you honestly think Taylor is worth over the million mark after this season and the injury he is carrying, his value will be calculated on his performances over the season which lets face it haven't rocked League 1, also the injury he is carrying, nobody knows how long it will affect him, recovery rate or will he ever be the same player he was last season.

Is this an old thread we have all inadvertently re-hashed (belated April fool)

Its dated May'09........Morning everyone.

Or, have they actually comback with an offer

Heh, just noticed that. Knowing that it's almost 12 months ago, I've reduced my evaluation by 400 large, if we're lucky.