Legends Of Oldham Athletic

Thought I'd start one of the first close-season style threads!

Who are five players that you consider to be Latics Legends?

And who are other people who deserve a mention as some of the club's favourites.

I must admit I have an ulterior motive for this, as I am doing the Oldham data for Football Manager this year, and am wondering who to put in as "Legends" and "Icons" in Latics' club info in the game. I can also put in recent favourites as "Favoured Personnel", such as Paul Warne.

I would put Ernie in, but legends and icons pass comment on your actions in the game, so...

Also, you can put your top 5 enemies of OAFC if you like! (currently: Chris Moore, Ronnie Moore, Chris Porter, Graeme Sharpe, Ian Wright)

Edited by Simpo

(How the hell has Paul Warne been mentioned in this thread?? favoured personnel?) :wacko: the mind boggles...

In the Football Manager game, people like Warney can be put in as the sort of player current fans have a good feeling for, but will be largely forgotten in 10 years. Should have been more clear.

Good shouts for Gunnar btw. B)

Goodies.... tough one but here goes:

Joe Royle, Mike Milligan, Earl Barrett, roger Palmer, Dennis Irwin

Almosts: Ron Futcher, Andy Barlow, Paul Warhurst, ricky Holden, Frankie Bunn, Andy ritchie, Tommy Wright, Andy Rhodes, Darren McDonough,

Baddies: Mark (supersub) Robbins, Mark (supersub) robbins, Mark (supersub) robbins, Mark (supersub) robins oh and did I happen to mention - Mark (super bloody sub) robins

Phew!!!....that's my emotional release of anger for the week.....

We seem to do this about every 6 months! :)

Bobby Johnstone

Andy Ritchie

Roger Palmer

Joe Royle

Jimmy Frizzell

Vic hallam

Roger Palmer

Joe royle

Jimmy Frizzell

Andy Goram

The baddies

Mark hughes

Mark robins

Chris moore

Ian wright

Donkey Dixon the handball king

Roger Palmer

Andy Ritchie

Lee Duxbury

David Eyres

Gary Kelly

Baddies

Keith Edwards

Joe Worrall

Simon Tracey

Mark Hughes

Hector Sam

Vic hallam

Roger Palmer

Joe royle

Jimmy Frizzell

Andy Goram

The baddies

Mark hughes

Mark robins

Chris moore

Ian wright

Donkey Dixon the handball king

I didn't use to like Dixon but to be fair to him he was probably the only pundit to really give us the credit we deserved after we beat Everton. ALl the others just blabbed on about Everton's injury problems completely forgetting the fact we were in a similar boat and have far from the squad Everton can call upon. Also, he is one of the few pundits who actually analyses a game and point out things you may have missed, instead of saying 'look at this it's brilliant/terrible' which is pretty much all you get from hansen, shearer, townsend, lawro etc etc.

I didn't use to like Dixon but to be fair to him he was probably the only pundit to really give us the credit we deserved after we beat Everton. ALl the others just blabbed on about Everton's injury problems completely forgetting the fact we were in a similar boat and have far from the squad Everton can call upon. Also, he is one of the few pundits who actually analyses a game and point out things you may have missed, instead of saying 'look at this it's brilliant/terrible' which is pretty much all you get from hansen, shearer, townsend, lawro etc etc.

Totally agree. He's one of very few TV pundits who don't make me want to punch them in the eye.

Brian Kilcline

Earl Barrett

Craig Fleming

Gary Kelly

Rick Holden

One legend from each decade i have had the privelage of watching 60s...Ian Wood 70s...Simon Stainrod 80s...Andy Goram 90s...Andy Ritchie 00s...Ritchie Wellens worst only one i realy hate...Chris Moore Unsung hero...Neil Jarvis

Totally agree. He's one of very few TV pundits who don't make me want to punch them in the eye.

Dixon is indeed one of the best pundits. However, come Judgement Day he's be feeling the sulphury flames as hotly as any other Man City fan.

And who are other people who deserve a mention as some of the club's favourites.

I must admit I have an ulterior motive for this, as I am doing the Oldham data for Football Manager this year, and am wondering who to put in as "Legends" and "Icons" in Latics' club info in the game. I can also put in recent favourites as "Favoured Personnel", such as Paul Warne.

I would put Ernie in, but legends and icons pass comment on your actions in the game, so...

Also, you can put your top 5 enemies of OAFC if you like! (currently: Chris Moore, Ronnie Moore, Chris Porter, Graeme Sharpe, Ian Wright)

Harry Dowd, Ian Wood, David Shaw, Rick Holden, Roger Palmer

mention - Gunner Halle, Maurice Whittle, Jimmy Frizzle, Joe Royle, David Eyres

bad guys - Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright

One legend from each decade i have had the privelage of watching 60s...Ian Wood 70s...Simon Stainrod 80s...Andy Goram 90s...Andy Ritchie 00s...Ritchie Wellens worst only one i realy hate...Chris Moore Unsung hero...Neil Jarvis

Vic Halom (king of all geordies)

Maurice Whittle (maurice maurice!)

Andy Ritchie

Roger Palmer

David Eyres

Harry Dowd, Ian Wood, David Shaw, Rick Holden, Roger Palmer

mention - Gunner Halle, Maurice Whittle, Jimmy Frizzle, Joe Royle, David Eyres

bad guys - Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright Ian Wright

Ian Wood, Eric Gemmell, Roger Palmer, Alan Groves, Andy Ritchie

Ron Futcher (twice - for what he did to John Platt and for the tail end of his BP career) Littlejohn, Mark Hughes, Allan Smart, Lee Hughes