Chron report the two made offers are Abbott and Kennedy

Probably guesswork but yer know :wink:

Article also states we're after Graeme Lee from Bradford and maybe Foster at Darlo.

Scoop or Bugby Bollox?

i've stopped buying the chron now,mainly cause i don't believe half i read in it regarding latics anymore.

reading that article,it looks like mr bugby has just scanned around on here and drummed up a story...("are believed to be.." "are understood..") all very vague and just plainly guessing.

£2.10 a week i now save not buying that crap...£109 a year...thats 5 home games and beers!

So the Chron are linking us with:

Abbott, Kennedy, Foster, Purdie, Austin, White, Ravenhill and Burgmeier.

Seems to me they've gone on the Darlo website, Tony Bugby's closed his eyes, pointed at the screen eight times and written down whichever name his finger points to. Top notch investigative stuff again.

Great cant wait for the new season imagine Graeme Lee as skipper after his release from a league 2 club

Hasn't his contract run out, and he probably thinks he can play at a higher level, like he has for alot of his career.

I wouldn't be adverse to Lee myself.

Shcoking media really were getting linked to every Darlo player and every player that has ever played under Penney whats next Leo Fortune West in talks?

But if it did happen id be looking into relegation odds

No particularly aimed at you Dean, but why are people talking about recruiting from non league?

Edited by singe

Latest on OLDHAM SCOTLAND watch .....

Kennedy is a decent player, Abbott? well we will see if he stays injury free, but it has to be a joke for Foster right? We get rid of Gregan then bring some one in the same age?.

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 19/05/2009 12:25:35

Really surprised he's not a member on hear, surely he'll have a bigger audience on here that the Cron site. :huh:

OLDHAM SCOTLAND watch .....

Kennedy is a decent player, Abbott? well we will see if he stays injury free, but it has to be a joke for Foster right? We get rid of Gregan then bring some one in the same age?.

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 19/05/2009 12:25:35

Really surprised he's not a member on hear, surely he'll have a bigger audience on here that the Cron site. :huh:

sorry have to agree with him, those where my first thoughts, fosters 34 isnt he?

and its not me :grin:

i've stopped buying the chron now,mainly cause i don't believe half i read in it regarding latics anymore.

reading that article,it looks like mr bugby has just scanned around on here and drummed up a story...("are believed to be.." "are understood..") all very vague and just plainly guessing.

£2.10 a week i now save not buying that crap...£109 a year...thats 5 home games and beers!

I just read it online.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/

Interesting stuff here...and it's opened up a new way of thinking for me...

Let's look at our last few years...going for older pros (not sure if I should use "" for the pros) in Gregan, Crossley et al and mixing them with our home grown talent and players from Prem reserve sides. Maybe now, it's actually time to start looking at those players from League Two than can be plucked as cheap as possible...or even non-league. For me, there'll be more burning desire and young blood than an Old Pro who's been there and done it would ever have.

Also, you'd be looking at a cheaper weekly wage. Ok, maybe a bit of a fee for one or two of them, but look at teams promoted out of this division...apart from Hereford who were always gunna struggle, Posh have gone up and MK Scum have missed out narrowly. Previous seasons, teams have come up and carried on up. Even Posh have just signed that Rowe now for the Championship. There's a potential wealth of talent beneath us that we've neglected to go for. You could point out that we've gone for Stephens and OG but Shez didn't have a clue what to do with them. Hopefully, Penney will. This is where he comes in for me, as he knows what's at League Two level that's worth cherry picking. I think those who state "can't we stop looking at players from League Two and look higher" should give it a chance...they're not all going to turn out to be Richard Butchers!

I have always said that I'd rather people here whos see their futures playing - not their pasts. I got sick under sheridan that we were always looking at a player from higher up than below and believe that makes them better for us now. Players coming down are just that - on the way down.

Why not look for players who have their best years ahead of them rather than behind? The odd older head to guide them and then you have the right blend IMO.

Latest by OLDHAM SCOTLAND in tonight's rarely wrong Chron:

I have a SCOOP!, our first new signing is Carlos Teves, I am in deep anticipation Mr Hardy, By all reports all of Darlington is comming, we sohuld be the envy of every football club in europe. But i believe Mr Penney ain't that daft. He will steer us towards salvation

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 20/05/2009 13:54:40

Latest by OLDHAM SCOTLAND in tonight's rarely wrong Chron:

I have a SCOOP!, our first new signing is Carlos Teves, I am in deep anticipation Mr Hardy, By all reports all of Darlington is comming, we sohuld be the envy of every football club in europe. But i believe Mr Penney ain't that daft. He will steer us towards salvation

By OLDHAM SCOTLAND @ 20/05/2009 13:54:40

he really is a tool