Fixtures Announced

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fixtures are rubbish look at the first few away games its a joke wall on a tues night after orient

I feel sorry for you Northern based Latics as August has Orient, Millwall and Brentford as away matches. Thats a bit of a bugger!

I'm loving August :wink:

I feel sorry for you Northern based Latics as August has Orient, Millwall and Brentford as away matches. Thats a bit of a bugger!

Would rather have our fixtures than County's. They get all the close away games out of the way early on. After November 14th there nearest away game is Carlisle/Hartlepool. Apart from Aug where we are in London a lot (as are Carlisle) looks pretty good to me.

In case anyone has forgotten we play Brentford on a bank holiday weekend. We don't have a ridiculously long trip for the two xmas or easter games (OK we play Wycombe and Swindon away over the Christmas period but its highly unlikely we will play the swindon game). We start at home, finish at home, in fact should we need the points I expect us to take at least a point from our last four games and 12 is not beyond the realms of possibility. As was pointed out in the other thread we don't have huge trips to the South West on a Tues night (where our record recently is possibly 1 point from 30). The saturday before the Leeds game (h) is an FA cup weekend (where we could be at home and they could well be on the telly- its the mighty Leeds after all- away at some team on the south coast). Yes we play some of our more popular away games on a tues night but I couldn't care if I know I can't go to the game (although I can possibly make Leeds away) I'd rather we played Leeds on a tues night than Yeovil/Exeter because we never do well on a tues in the South West.

Would rather have our fixtures than County's. They get all the close away games out of the way early on. After November 14th there nearest away game is Carlisle/Hartlepool. Apart from Aug where we are in London a lot (as are Carlisle) looks pretty good to me.

As a resident of aberdeen how many aways will you be getting too?

Feckin' Division 3 south. The spread of the away games is shocking, nothing under 200 miles until December 28th!!!!

It's a good argument for regionalisation.

Nothing we shouldn't have expected though - we knew it was going to be a trek this year.

Derek.

Feckin' Division 3 south. The spread of the away games is shocking, nothing under 200 miles until December 28th!!!!

Nothing we shouldn't have expected though - we knew it was going to be a trek this year.

Derek.

Not only that, but our away game against Walsall (which isn't too far) is on a Tuesday night as are both our home and away games against Leeds. We've been absolutely shafted this year.

Derek.

has anyone told you you're a doom and gloom merchant Derek

Derek.

I understand this argument, but many people, like me, are reluctant to change in football.

Yes, the trips are long and expensive, but it does take away that feeling of travelling miles and miles to get that vital win. Brighton away in our playoff seaso springs to mind. That day was amazing, and the feeling of a win was priceless.