New Away Kit - more than a teaser now!

i know the pink one was only a one off and was getting manufactured in six weeks but jesus christ, that one doesnt even have a proper label in it! even if it is just gathering dust in the wardrobe!

I dont know if i got some sort of one off wonder kit... but I actually though my Pink Shirt was alright in terms of quality. In comparison to the monkey-sick it is virtually designer quality - both interms of quality and fit.

For me, the yellow shirt is by far the wort shirt ever produced. It fits like a sack and the quality is abysmal.

I have to say, the only kits from the last few years I still wear around the house are the first Carlotti ones - the blue one with round collar, the white away, and the dark blue/gold. In terms of quality they are frigging amazing in comparison to the current ones. I'm convinced the round neck one would survive a nuclear war.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, the only kits from the last few years I still wear around the house...

See, I never really wear mine other than for playing football in, I don't just sit in it round the house or even to the game... I guess that's why I've not noticed the newer ones poor quality.

I stopped buying shirts a few years back, they are now at the back of the wardbrobe next to my huge collection of Roy of the Rovers comics - which gentlemen will be worth quite a few quid in a few more years :wink:

Anybody want to put an early offer in for them? :D

Edited by creepy

I have spoke to Alan about this at a Trust meeting a couple of months back. Re quality, I could not agree with you more. The word ':censored:e' would be being kind.

However, regarding design, that isnt enitrely the fault of the club. As you may/may not be aware, the home kit is the same 'design' (but different colours) to our away kit, and also to bournemouths home kit. This was because one of the terms for our new sponsorship with Cabrini was that we had to wear cabrini branded kits. Because it was such short notice, this is the reason why in terms of 'design' it is pretty much a carbon copy of our away strip/bournemouths home kit. Normally the design team starts work on an up and coming strip (or strips if it is to be put to a vote) well before christmas. Alan told me that the next home kit should definately be an individual design (as in not a carbon copy of other cabrini shirts this year but with different colours), although I will be the judge of this once I have seen the new away shirt.

0,,10432~5793769,00.jpg

This is blackpools new home strip this season. If our away strip isn't merely another 'same design different colours' version of this, then I will believe it.

I'd prefer this version i.e the pink design for our home shirt; replace the tangerine or pink for blue and hem in white. Same design for away kit with burgundy as the main colour. Prefer v-neck to collars and all this white sections in the blue. All blue please

I'd prefer this version i.e the pink design for our home shirt; replace the tangerine or pink for blue and hem in white. Same design for away kit with burgundy as the main colour. Prefer v-neck to collars and all this white sections in the blue. All blue please

We aint had a proper v neck one in a long time have we, past few have been collars or round necks.

I stopped buying shirts a few years back, they are now at the back of the wardbrobe next to my huge collection of Roy of the Rovers comics - which gentlemen will be worth quite a few quid in a few more years :wink:

Anybody want to put an early offer in for them? :D

Roy of the rovers comics?...hmmm, funny how the Melchester Rovers kit appears to consist of little more than a moustache and a smile. :wink:

Can we ditch the crap we have and get Umbro back :grin:

Not sure I would want Umbro back. They seemed to use the 'little' clubs to experiment with some odd designs (remember the bizzare white and red flashes on the shoulder of the Old Division 1 kit?) and that horrendous green thing.

Speaking of that - does anyone have a picture of that green kit with the odd white graph type jagged image on it?

Not sure I would want Umbro back. They seemed to use the 'little' clubs to experiment with some odd designs (remember the bizzare white and red flashes on the shoulder of the Old Division 1 kit?) and that horrendous green thing.

Speaking of that - does anyone have a picture of that green kit with the odd white graph type jagged image on it?

It was featured in an Umbro supplement with 4-4-2 recently and described as one of the worst they designed :grin:

Take a look on Premiershirts there is a multitude of amazingly cack kits!

I think Nike, Adidas etc using lower league teams comes under a specific agreement.

A team with an smaller less known shirt supplier Carlotti, Vandanel, Surridge they only take a small cut from shirt sales, due to getting their names out there on the shirts.

Nike, Adidas have a bigger cut in shirt sales, as more people will be more inclined to buy a well known brand than a lesser known manufacturer.

I might be completely wrong, but im sure i heard it somewhere.

what's happened to the museum de latique website? it appears to be 'parked'...

Is it just the away shirt being replaced or the home too?

Just seen on the online shop that the Carbrini home shirt is 08/09 and not 08/10.

That'll be three home shirts in two years but a bin liner would be an improvement on that awful home shirt that was released last season.