New Away Kit - more than a teaser now!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it'd make sense to have a white or black away kit, therefore the chance of us wearing last seasons kit (although I wouldn't weap much if we never wore it again) increases thus increasing the chance of people buying it

If we are going to continue on this new away kit every year and move the last to the 3rd kit malarky [which I hate and have not bought an away shirt since] then this has to be the way to go.

Otherwise its rubbish. How many games did we weat the tangerine kit last season?

If we are going to continue on this new away kit every year and move the last to the 3rd kit malarky [which I hate and have not bought an away shirt since] then this has to be the way to go.

Otherwise its rubbish. How many games did we weat the tangerine kit last season?

Zero, because we didnt have a third kit last season.

The tangerene kit was a Carlotti shirt, we changed to Cabrini at the beginning of the season, hence the unscheduled new home shirt.

How gay does Steven Taylor look? :blink:

A lot more than normal- and considering his normal level is quite high that's saying something. Newcastle are like Man U they will bring out a naff away kit, which doesn't really work that well as it still clashes and so they bring out a 3rd strip (I think they had 4 last year). That away kit is going to give some amusement with Sunderland fans (it looks like a Sunderland shirt has been bleached), despite this the Toon army are dumb enough that this will still sell loads (although most Newcastle fans I see tend to have the barcode shirt on).

I don't think I will be buying anymore Latics shirts until we change the manufacturer. The kits we've had since we dropped or were dropped by Umbro have been really poor quality and not worth anything like £45

I agree, rubbish - the last decent one was the 100 years at Boundary Park with the white on the shoulder, and that was only o.k. We do need to get someone else to make the kits, One that looks alright with a pair of shorts on holiday - I haven't bothered for ages

I've bought every shirt (one for me and one for my daughter) every season basically for income for the club and to wear them frequently as a shining beacon amongst all the drudge down in the midlands.

However, the home shirt issued by Carbrini middle of last season was rubbish - the cut, design, quality of the badges and sponsor - and has put me off buying any more until there is a serious rethink about suppliers, quality and taking fan feedback into consideration.

Could we not get Barry Owen to provide fan feedback on quality of shirts and input on future shirts? Design is one thing and colour but quality has been regularly overlooked in recent seasons. The last one is the 100 years shirt by Carlotti that was decent and I've reverted to wearing this again now.

Surely with teams lower than us signing contracts with Nike, Umbro, Adidas then there's an opportunity for us now as opposed to supporting a local brand. I'd much prefer to go local, especially if John Wardle is influenced to reciprocate but Carbrini needs to improve dramatically on quality and design for the punters to start buying again. Even returning to an embroidered sponsor rather than poorly stuck on is a step in the right direction.

i know the pink one was only a one off and was getting manufactured in six weeks but jesus christ, that one doesnt even have a proper label in it! even if it is just gathering dust in the wardrobe!

You've managed to discredit your own post before you made your point you daft bugger! :lol:

I don't think the newer non-umbro kits are as bad as people think. It's easy to be sentimental, but many of those old kits would 'pull' where the threads drew out and trashed the shirt - especially that one with the logo in the stitching!

Typical Latics isn't it? Looking back not forward.

You've managed to discredit your own post before you made your point you daft bugger! :lol:

I don't think the newer non-umbro kits are as bad as people think. It's easy to be sentimental, but many of those old kits would 'pull' where the threads drew out and trashed the shirt - especially that one with the logo in the stitching!

Typical Latics isn't it? Looking back not forward.

Yeah. My first Bovis shirt in 1989-90 looked like a frigging dandelion within a week of wearing it.

Really couldn't care less considering I never buy one these days.

I've bought every shirt (one for me and one for my daughter) every season basically for income for the club and to wear them frequently as a shining beacon amongst all the drudge down in the midlands.

However, the home shirt issued by Carbrini middle of last season was rubbish - the cut, design, quality of the badges and sponsor - and has put me off buying any more until there is a serious rethink about suppliers, quality and taking fan feedback into consideration.

Could we not get Barry Owen to provide fan feedback on quality of shirts and input on future shirts? Design is one thing and colour but quality has been regularly overlooked in recent seasons. The last one is the 100 years shirt by Carlotti that was decent and I've reverted to wearing this again now.

Surely with teams lower than us signing contracts with Nike, Umbro, Adidas then there's an opportunity for us now as opposed to supporting a local brand. I'd much prefer to go local, especially if John Wardle is influenced to reciprocate but Carbrini needs to improve dramatically on quality and design for the punters to start buying again. Even returning to an embroidered sponsor rather than poorly stuck on is a step in the right direction.

Nike do make lower league clubs' kits. In nearly every case the deal is that the great bulk of profits made from replica kit sales goes to Nike not the club.

Edited by LaticsPete

I have spoke to Alan about this at a Trust meeting a couple of months back. Re quality, I could not agree with you more. The word ':censored:e' would be being kind.

However, regarding design, that isnt enitrely the fault of the club. As you may/may not be aware, the home kit is the same 'design' (but different colours) to our away kit, and also to bournemouths home kit. This was because one of the terms for our new sponsorship with Cabrini was that we had to wear cabrini branded kits. Because it was such short notice, this is the reason why in terms of 'design' it is pretty much a carbon copy of our away strip/bournemouths home kit. Normally the design team starts work on an up and coming strip (or strips if it is to be put to a vote) well before christmas. Alan told me that the next home kit should definately be an individual design (as in not a carbon copy of other cabrini shirts this year but with different colours), although I will be the judge of this once I have seen the new away shirt.

0,,10432~5793769,00.jpg

This is blackpools new home strip this season. If our away strip isn't merely another 'same design different colours' version of this, then I will believe it.