Simon can you show your figures for spending £400k + on 'ground maintenance' in the last year, write them on the back of this fag packet...

The figures appeared in the club's accounts. They are signed off by auditors, just like every company's. Rules apply as to what can be regarded as "mantenance".

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll all be glad to drink inside the ground when we see what the nearby pubs are like. They're MAD in Failsworth.

I do expect their to be issues at first with us invading the drinking establishments around Failsworth. Does kick off a lot between city and united around there when they are all watching it on the TV.

Born in Oldham and proud of it.

Work in Failsworth and one of my colleages lives she claims extermely close to the proposed new stadium.

Not only does she have no problem with that bit she reckons that her fella will give "us" a try

Our first convert?

Work in Failsworth and one of my colleages lives she claims extermely close to the proposed new stadium.

Not only does she have no problem with that bit she reckons that her fella will give "us" a try

Our first convert?

And two mates that I've been trying to get to attend more than a couple of times a season have said there's no way they'd bother going down there.

Our first two losses?

And two mates that I've been trying to get to attend more than a couple of times a season have said there's no way they'd bother going down there.

Our first two losses?

I have a feeling we will have more than two fans not turning up this season regardless of a proposed move.

Our first convert?

Any chance of her writing to the Chron in support of the proposals?

I hadn't realised the two were female, let alone called Dawn... :unsure:

If they are false Dawn's, maybe they aren't even female... Still, live and let live. If we can get 50 transgender fans through the gates as part of the move it will all be for the good.

kaskemoor school has soccer pitches that are in the 5 a side league...they are basically booked solid every day 6 days a week,maybe 7.facilities are limited but its raking in cash very quickly.so something along these lines only a bit bigger would also bring in a good amount over a year....no maintanance costs initially so were already saving over 400k.

the conferencing offices and banquitting etc...well how longs a piece of string....buisnes will pay good money for good services so who knows.

at present what extra income does the club get other than matchdays???? basically zero..so if these facilities take off and the club earns an extra say million to make things easy,thats a bonus is it not.

added to that,we may see a slight increase in customers on matchdays,its all extra to what we currently get.

first decent post i've ever seen from you. :bblue2:

on a separate issue, I sincerely hope that someone from these forums who is attending the event actually stands up and praises the proposals. like has been said on here before, as the majority of people who are 'okay' with the plans won't bother to attend, i'd imagine that the crowd will be perhaps 10% for and 90% against. with the Chron successfully turning what was meant to be a positive story into a negative non-event, and the forum likely to turn into nothing but a platform for locals and the anti-brigade to have a moan, i'm sure that T4A will be well pleased that they've decided to invest huge amounts of their personal wealth in providing modern facilities for the fans.

it makes it all worthwhile...... :disappointed:

(and no, i'll be on holiday before someone suggests that the person should be me).

on a separate issue, I sincerely hope that someone from these forums who is attending the event actually stands up and praises the proposals.

I hope not to be honest. The TTA will read this board and know that there is a lot of support. I'm fairly positive about the move but I'd much rather the forum be about people voicing their concerns and the TTA answering with facts, figures and proposals. I'd also hope that too much time isn't spent arguing about post codes etc. If we are to move away from BP I'd want to hear about the stadium, income streams, capacity and future scope for development.

I hope not to be honest. The TTA will read this board and know that there is a lot of support. I'm fairly positive about the move but I'd much rather the forum be about people voicing their concerns and the TTA answering with facts, figures and proposals. I'd also hope that too much time isn't spent arguing about post codes etc. If we are to move away from BP I'd want to hear about the stadium, income streams, capacity and future scope for development.

Post codes, Royal Mail sorting office, etc - philately will get us nowhere. The Forum is titled "The Future".

eh? are you real? there's some pap spoken on this board, but this takes the biscuit.

To suggest they wouldn't read this board is a little bit like suggesting a restaurant owner wouldn't read their reviews.

As the fans are the customers of the club I really hope they do read it.

On the flip side I would hope the playing side of the club don't!