Taylor at the moment

Before any one dives in, I'm a big Taylor fan and this is just a discussion point.

Should we keep playing a patched up Taylor just to give us some width?

Should we look at getting him fully fit before bringing him back and playing the likes of Whittaker in the interim.

I've seen him against Stockport and Orient and he is not giving the team a great deal of impetus in either attack or defence. There isn't that burst of speed with the ball at the moment. He's just not troubling defences at the moment.

Before any one dives in, I'm a big Taylor fan and this is just a discussion point.

Should we look at getting him fully fit before bringing him back and playing the likes of Whittaker in the interim.

I've seen him against Stockport and Orient and he is not giving the team a great deal of impetus in either attack or defence. There isn't that burst of speed with the ball at the moment. He's just not troubling defences at the moment.

Id rest him so he can play the rest of the season ,

A difficult one - is he trying tp play through or would a period of rest be the answer?

I see that Purdie has started running again - maybe a couple of weeks and he might be in contention? Sorely needed.

For me the problem is he is playin to central. He shud b huging the touch line an stretching the opposition but instead of doin that he is coming inside to much and geting crowded out. No wonder were not creating loads of clear cut chances playin with 1 make shift right winger and no one on the other side

For me the problem is he is playin to central. He shud b huging the touch line an stretching the opposition but instead of doin that he is coming inside to much and geting crowded out. No wonder were not creating loads of clear cut chances playin with 1 make shift right winger and no one on the other side

Exacrly. Why are we playing a makeshift right winger whilst Taylor is on the pitch?

500k is nowhere near enough, double it and then we can talk.

I think Taylor's value ought to be around a million but in today's climate we are probably looking at a fair bit less, however if this rumour is true, then Leeds really have a nerve, after reportedly banking in excess of 6M for Delph we should expect at least somewhere close to his true value.

It would help us financially if it were a Championship club showing an interest but one way or another with only a week to go in this window we will know for sure pretty soon.

My guess is that he will still be here at least until January.

Ideally I would drop Taylor because his form is nothing like it can be and we are constantly told he is carrying an injury. However Penney might feel that he has no other option for Taylors position ? With regards to a price tag I think we really should be asking for a million but if Leeds do come knocking then maybe we would accept £750000 plus addons that would bump up the price if and when Leeds finally get out of this division.

... to me part of the reason Taylors not dashing down the wing as much is simply down to the formation / tactics Penney as set for the team.

Nonsense, he was out on the left on Saturday and lost the ball several times! He just cant be arsed at the moment! Not had a decent game in ages!

He seems to be missing that extra zip that we know he has at the mo, is he playing injured(we know he struggled with injury in the last two friendlies/first league game)?

I honestly think he could be on the move! It said in one of the Sunday papers that Leeds are poised with £500, we all know Grayson rates him and has done for some time! People keep mentioning Delph and different figure but Taylor has not had a good game for us for a considerable length of time so I reckon we would only get £500k tops!

taylor will be at leeds within the week.

me and my dad was talking to tony owen in town saturday night.

he said taylor wants to try and prove himself at a higher level and is disapionted by our start/

as he was told by the board when he signed a new contract that we would be challenging for the title this season, but with our squad we really wont be.

the talk is that leeds have bid 500k plus performance and promotion based add-ons taking the deal close to a million.

but better news is that if taylor goes dan jones could be coming back perminantly and smalleys not going to sheff utd.

tony owen top guy(fck knows how my dad recognised him though ive never seen him)!!!!

taylor will be at leeds within the week.

me and my dad was talking to tony owen in town saturday night.

he said taylor wants to try and prove himself at a higher level and is disapionted by our start/

as he was told by the board when he signed a new contract that we would be challenging for the title this season, but with our squad we really wont be.

the talk is that leeds have bid 500k plus performance and promotion based add-ons taking the deal close to a million.

but better news is that if taylor goes dan jones could be coming back perminantly and smalleys not going to sheff utd.

tony owen top guy(fck knows how my dad recognised him though ive never seen him)!!!!

Thank you for your first posts. I hope you stick around.

Just out of interest, why post now? And, with great respect, other than the Jones idea, there's nothing in your post that hasn't been mentioned on here lots of times.

Btw, who is Tony Owen?

Edited by LaticsPete