The Best Latics Photo?

1990 wembley team piccie after the game taken just behind the pegs were our fans were. The team were gutted but the fans behind team were so proud. A thousand different facial expressions in one piccie. Priceless...

same year Tommy Wright in tears when we missed out in the tossing play offs - the first year it was introduced. The first team ever to finish third and NOT get automatically promoted.

Oh yes...any piccie with Paul Warhurst or Earl Barrett's legs in them. Well, i was a teenage girl then.

What's your personal favorite Oldham picture taken of all time?

For me it's the Gary McDonald celebration photo - It gives me goosebumps everytime I see it!

garymac.th.jpg

Jimmy Fryatt's diving header photo circa 1971, arms stretched out like super man, 15 years before my first game but it looks a helluva goal - that or Roger's one armed salute to celebrate his Maine Road hat-trick in '88.

For me it's the Gary McDonald celebration photo - It gives me goosebumps everytime I see it!

garymac.th.jpg

I remember a pic in the latics programme years back of latics fans absolutely packing that big open terrace that barnsley had. Think we won the game as well with a marshall header if i remember rightly.

I remember a pic in the latics programme years back of latics fans absolutely packing that big open terrace that barnsley had. Think we won the game as well with a marshall header if i remember rightly.

On the video of the promotion season it shows us winning at Oakwell and it looked like we took about 5000 as half the ground seemed t jump up when we scored.

On the video of the promotion season it shows us winning at Oakwell and it looked like we took about 5000 as half the ground seemed t jump up when we scored.

That'll be it i bet, i remember being so proud to be a latics fan on that terrace that day.....Happy days!

Other than old programme covers I only have one Latics photo. That is framed and in my front room and is Boundary Park (with four stands). So I'm going to say that.

Best present ever.

Other than old programme covers I only have one Latics photo. That is framed and in my front room and is Boundary Park (with four stands). So I'm going to say that.

Best present ever.

Bet they're gonna sell loads more of that one soon if it's still available.

We did take about 5k. It was fantastic. I will never forget the trip over snake pass every other car and mini bus was full of latics. We had more fans than them, they only used to get about 4k at home then (so did Hull). I think it was a Marshall header that won it. I was full of beer from pre journey in the Roe Cross (Mottram)! Happy days!!!

1990 wembley team piccie after the game taken just behind the pegs were our fans were. The team were gutted but the fans behind team were so proud. A thousand different facial expressions in one piccie. Priceless...

same year Tommy Wright in tears when we missed out in the tossing play offs - the first year it was introduced. The first team ever to finish third and NOT get automatically promoted.

Oh yes...any piccie with Paul Warhurst or Earl Barrett's legs in them. Well, i was a teenage girl then.

Play offs was 86/87. Wembley was 89/90 - we missed out on the play offs that year after playing every other day in the final 8 days iirc.

garymac.th.jpg

When i read it, the picture didnt come up straight away, and the picture of the celebrations at Scunthorpe came straight into my head without a second thought for the FA Cup.

Cracking scenes when we bagged that equaliser, the molehill of players! Thats the best of this decade for me.

When i read it, the picture didnt come up straight away, and the picture of the celebrations at Scunthorpe came straight into my head without a second thought for the FA Cup.

Cracking scenes when we bagged that equaliser, the molehill of players! Thats the best of this decade for me.

The one I wish I had: Rick Holden playing for City doing his bow. Just one of the best moments of football.

garymac.th.jpg

You know what, barring grainy poor quality youtube clips, I haven't seen any decent pics/vids of the Oldham fans at Goodison that day. My mate is as an Everton fan and was sat in the stand opposite and he said the Lower Bullens looked mental - I'd love to see it. I was part of it, but extremely drunk and recollection is fairly hazy.

Edited by Yard Dog

You know what, barring grainy poor quality youtube clips, I haven't seen any decent pics/vids of the Oldham fans at Goodison that day. My mate is as an Everton fan and was sat in the stand opposite and he said the Lower Bullens looked mental.

I have a belter of the fans celebrating with the players joyeous (with Gary having just scored) in front of them.

The best bit it the disabled Everton fan being wheeled around in front of the Latics fans by his carer. The look on his face is priceless.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

You know what, barring grainy poor quality youtube clips, I haven't seen any decent pics/vids of the Oldham fans at Goodison that day. My mate is as an Everton fan and was sat in the stand opposite and he said the Lower Bullens looked mental - I'd love to see it. I was part of it, but extremely drunk and recollection is fairly hazy.

Yeah it's a shame we've no proper pics of our fans that day, even on telly you couldn't see us properly. my dad said tony gale was doing reports from the ground and said our support was magnificent and he felt like the stand was rocking!

I have a belter of the fans celebrating with the players joyeous (with Gary having just scored) in front of them.

The best bit it the disabled Everton fan being wheeled around in front of the Latics fans by his carer. The look on his face is priceless.

Upload?

My fave pic is of me when I was a mascot, but that is being a bit big headed and biased :grin: