See you at Exeter City, Dec. 12th!

I'm so excited! Mad packing, flight in about 10 hours...I think I brought more shoes than shirts. :grin:

Zorrro, thanks for responding to my facebook message. :angry:

Can't wait to meet you all!!!! xxx

Hope you both packed your waterproofs. It's done nothing but rain for two months.... :titanic:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

underdog, you are one sexy...beast. :wub:

Awww...bless you my child......I'll take any compliments I can get from either sex, animals and aliens these days.

However, Sarah - thanks but I am recently married to Tangerine dreams. Please don't cry

Yes its true men...devasted you all are but I married....but it if it helps to soften the blow we did have something like a 12ft OAFC union Jack at our wedding in Jamaica and our latics beach towels too (we were with a liverpool, city and UTD fans)with their beach towels....it was close one, but because we had two towels..yes two towels - we won!!!...

You heard!!!...on the beach towel front it was Oldham 2, man utd 1, Man city 1, liverpool 1 oh yes Elvis Presley 1..

Yes we even beat the KING!!!..

Hope we can muster a win on Sat folks. I have my Santa hat and will be looking like a right one in the RRE with a few others.

See you all there..

K so this is the story... Were not mad at Oldham, the fans or the team. We are just as lost as everyone else as to why we were not welcome on the grounds. We were told by Alan to contact Louis and Gordon when we arrived. Louis informed us (while in the shop) that we were not doing the half time draw. We were stunned and our first question was why? She told us that she didn't know and nothing else was said. Then we called one of the chairman to find out what was going on and he didn't answer either phone call. Then some guy in a suit came to talk to us and again had no answers as to why we were not doing the draw. Then we asked about our tickets and he made it clear we were not welcome on the grounds. We were not only shocked but very upset with what was going on. Only days before we were having laughs with the chairman and getting ready for the game. We called one day to try to reserve tickets and were laughed at by the person. When we told this to the chairman he did the same thing and told us we didn't need tickets that everything was taken care of. We didn't have an issue with buying tickets but the attitude given from management was that we were not welcome on the grounds. So at that point we left and went to a pub to figure something out. As of right now we still don't know why this is happening or who is to blame, yes some post were made out of anger which have been changed due to lack of knowing the real reason. We would love to go to another game in the future and have a good time with everyone. It was nice to finally meet everyone and put a face to the names. We don't care about the fame because at the end of the day no one cares about two girls who like to watch football with friends.

Amber & Sara

K so this is the story... Were not mad at Oldham, the fans or the team. We are just as lost as everyone else as to why we were not welcome on the grounds. We were told by Alan to contact Louis and Gordon when we arrived. Louis informed us (while in the shop) that we were not doing the half time draw. We were stunned and our first question was why? She told us that she didn't know and nothing else was said. Then we called one of the chairman to find out what was going on and he didn't answer either phone call. Then some guy in a suit came to talk to us and again had no answers as to why we were not doing the draw. Then we asked about our tickets and he made it clear we were not welcome on the grounds. We were not only shocked but very upset with what was going on. Only days before we were having laughs with the chairman and getting ready for the game. We called one day to try to reserve tickets and were laughed at by the person. When we told this to the chairman he did the same thing and told us we didn't need tickets that everything was taken care of. We didn't have an issue with buying tickets but the attitude given from management was that we were not welcome on the grounds. So at that point we left and went to a pub to figure something out. As of right now we still don't know why this is happening or who is to blame, yes some post were made out of anger which have been changed due to lack of knowing the real reason. We would love to go to another game in the future and have a good time with everyone. It was nice to finally meet everyone and put a face to the names. We don't care about the fame because at the end of the day no one cares about two girls who like to watch football with friends.

Amber & Sara

I don't about anyone else but I'm outraged. I really am.

Amber & Sara

Whatever reason caused the Club's attitude towards you to dhange, it could have been handled much better, and I'm sure that if AH had been available it would have been. If you had been told in advance that the offer of complimentary tickets and doing the half-time draw had been withdrawn, you would have not been misled and approached BP in a completely different frame of mind, knowing you were to sit with the fans and have a good time. I'm not surprised at your knee-jerk reaction to being unwanted, when it was the Cliub, rather than yourselves, wanting to lay on special treatment.

There had been plenty of time to spell out to you where you would and would not be welcome, but to give you a false impression about a special welcome, which you had not requested, and then pull the 'red carpet' from under you at the last minute, was far from the best way to deal with the situation. Your story up to 2:30pm on Saturday had been the only brightness surrounding Latics this season, and for it to turn sour in this way does not reflect well on the Club and gives amunition to those who criticise the Club.

Hope to meet you again, perhaps at an away game, when the same situation can be avoided, and you can experience a much better atmosphere all round.

Hope the fallout from Saturday doesn't make a bad situation even worse. Remember true fans are here for the long ride, unlike the players, management and owners.

Keep the Faith!

I don't about anyone else but I'm outraged. I really am.

Well it comes down to who you think is telling the truth as none of us know what's really gone on...

I know part of their story is true...they where in the club shop and the guy in the suit was the new marketing guy who was saying to the girls "I don't know" (I could tell something was up by the girls faces)

Something bigger must of been going on here...surely ? Because if not then these girls have been treated pretty badly...

Girls, why didn't you just go around to the Rochdale Road end and pay to come in ? If I had been treated this badly (if that's true) and told I was not welcome then I would of got into the ground on principle :)

Edited by oafc0000

Well it comes down to who you think is telling the truth as none of us know what's really gone on...

I know part of their story is true...they where in the club shop and the guy in the suit was the new marketing guy who was saying to the girls "I don't know" (I could tell something was up by the girls faces)

Something bigger must of been going on here...surely ? Because if not then these girls have been treated pretty badly...

I'm confuddled by it all.

The girls told us in the pub before the game that they had tried to get tickets in advance but had been told they didn't need them because everything was taken care of.

As I said above, whatever it was it could have been handled better to save face all around.

Girls, why didn't you just go around to the Rochdale Road end and pay to come in ? If I had been treated this badly (if that's true) then I would of got into the ground on principle :)

To be given an impression from the top that the Club was laying on a special welcome and then for it to be made clear that they were unwelcome, without stating the reason, was enough to turn away even life-long fans.

The girls told us in the pub before the game that they had tried to get tickets in advance but had been told they didn't need them because everything was taken care of.

So we confirm more of there side of the story appears to be true...

Edited by oafc0000

I still can't believe you chose not to watch the match. If i didn't feel welcome i would have still gone in and i only live down the road!

At the end of the day it's about wanting the team to do well not the social life that revolves around an afternoon at the footy.

You went on a rival msg board and said you wanted them to win. It was said in anger but i still think that reflects how much you really care about the club. Blame the powers that be for whatever happened, not the club as a whole.

Just my opinion.

As I said above, whatever it was it could have been handled better to save face all around.

Agreed...

To be given an impression from the top that the Club was laying on a special welcome and then for it to be made clear that they were unwelcome, without stating the reason, was enough to turn away even life-long fans.

Our club ? Drive away fans ? ...never...

Edited by oafc0000

You went on a rival msg board and said you wanted them to win. It was said in anger but i still think that reflects how much you really care about the club. Blame the powers that be for whatever happened, not the club as a whole.

They only found out about the club back in June ? I don't think you can expect them to be hardcore :D