See you at Exeter City, Dec. 12th!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope this does not become Yank gate or some PR Embarrassment. Having just read the closed thread further down it seems while most fans have welcome these girls with open arms others have been a bit cautious.

I myself at first thought it was a bit odd these two girls wanted to follow Oldham and wondered if it was some PR stunt or trick way of getting into the reality TV circuit. However from there status updates on Facebook and having spoke to them i was impressed and thought this is good publicity for the club.

However for all we know Worthington and his missus may have had issues and if them being allowed in the players dressing room had upset the players mentality or risked causing unbalance for the match costing us points then the club gets back my backing and should of explained to the young ladies that they would be more than welcome after the game that ended into the players lounge.

At the same time it is disappointment to fly all that way and discover the club wont be laying out the red carpet or providing tickets and all as Diego said is awful then the girls have a right to be angry. I was stood very close to the players lounge on Sat before the game and thought i could hear some female American accents but could not be to sure.

I doubt the club will bother to make any sort of comment and i have yet to see any sort of mention of them the girls at any stage since there video on the clubs main site. Best we can do is rely what is posted on the web.

Strange all this reminds of when that female Latics fan from Manchester JetDD i think she was called joined Jklatics.

Lets hope this does not become Yank gate or some PR Embarrassment. Having just read the closed thread further down it seems while most fans have welcome these girls with open arms others have been a bit cautious.

I myself at first thought it was a bit odd these two girls wanted to follow Oldham and wondered if it was some PR stunt or trick way of getting into the reality TV circuit. However from there status updates on Facebook and having spoke to them i was impressed and thought this is good publicity for the club.

However for all we know Worthington and his missus may have had issues and if them being allowed in the players dressing room had upset the players mentality or risked causing unbalance for the match costing us points then the club gets back my backing and should of explained to the young ladies that they would be more than welcome after the game that ended into the players lounge.

At the same time it is disappointment to fly all that way and discover the club wont be laying out the red carpet or providing tickets and all as Diego said is awful then the girls have a right to be angry. I was stood very close to the players lounge on Sat before the game and thought i could hear some female American accents but could not be to sure.

I doubt the club will bother to make any sort of comment and i have yet to see any sort of mention of them the girls at any stage since there video on the clubs main site. Best we can do is rely what is posted on the web.

Strange all this reminds of when that female Latics fan from Manchester JetDD i think she was called joined Jklatics.

AKA Murrayzmint our resident cyber Transvestite wannabe...

As far as I'm concerned and many others the freak show is over, move along nothing more to see...

What does piss me off is the fact that such a large number of so called Latics fans are more worried about these two than winning on Saturday, this is a Latics messageboard not an internet shagfest, let's get this board back to what it is good at - namely Singe's polls...The Corp telling us we're all doomed, Oafc 0000 causing an argument in an empty cyber room, Coco's wit and charm (ahem), Walshy educating us on fermented grapes, Leeslover's secret diary of a sexual predator, Mad Dog's women's lib, Diego posting about everything and anything except the actual game etc, etc... :grin: Oh and BB80 telling everyone they're all clueless knobs that know nowt as he is the oracle on everything - and don't you forget it! :wink:

Yep, let's return to normality...

What does piss me off is the fact that such a large number of so called Latics fans are more worried about these two than winning on Saturday, this is a Latics messageboard not an internet shagfest, let's get this board back to what it is good at - namely Singe's polls...The Corp telling us we're all doomed, Oafc 0000 causing an argument in an empty cyber room, Coco's wit and charm (ahem), Walshy educating us on fermented grapes, Leeslover's secret diary of a sexual predator, Mad Dog's women's lib, Diego posting about everything and anything except the actual game etc, etc... :grin: Oh and BB80 telling everyone they're all clueless knobs that know nowt as he is the oracle on everything - and don't you forget it! :wink:

I'm all over that! :applause1:

As far as I'm concerned and many others the freak show is over, move along nothing more to see...

:applause1:

Take a bow :)

:lol::applause1:

:lol:

you have forgot rudemedic, giving us a diagnosis on anything and everything :grin:

and the wannabe countdown contestant roylearmy for his spelling :lol:

I didn't get where I am today by accusing people of showing a lack of ambition by advocating normality, but I know a man who did. :grin:

Isn’t it best if I focus on the philosophy? Beardy can handle the sex-pest side of things every bit as well as I can and it’s sort of the only trick in the locker, he’ll feel left out otherwise.

Jim Trott style philosophy? "Is sex with poodles always wrong?" :shock:

Edited by oafcprozac

Well it comes down to who you think is telling the truth as none of us know what's really gone on...

I know part of their story is true...they where in the club shop and the guy in the suit was the new marketing guy who was saying to the girls "I don't know" (I could tell something was up by the girls faces)

Something bigger must of been going on here...surely ? Because if not then these girls have been treated pretty badly...

Girls, why didn't you just go around to the Rochdale Road end and pay to come in ? If I had been treated this badly (if that's true) and told I was not welcome then I would of got into the ground on principle :)

You're not welcome at all the home matches to the end of the season!

Whatever reason caused the Club's attitude towards you to dhange, it could have been handled much better, and I'm sure that if AH had been available it would have been. If you had been told in advance that the offer of complimentary tickets and doing the half-time draw had been withdrawn, you would have not been misled and approached BP in a completely different frame of mind, knowing you were to sit with the fans and have a good time. I'm not surprised at your knee-jerk reaction to being unwanted, when it was the Cliub, rather than yourselves, wanting to lay on special treatment.

There had been plenty of time to spell out to you where you would and would not be welcome, but to give you a false impression about a special welcome, which you had not requested, and then pull the 'red carpet' from under you at the last minute, was far from the best way to deal with the situation. Your story up to 2:30pm on Saturday had been the only brightness surrounding Latics this season, and for it to turn sour in this way does not reflect well on the Club and gives amunition to those who criticise the Club.

Hope to meet you again, perhaps at an away game, when the same situation can be avoided, and you can experience a much better atmosphere all round.

Hope the fallout from Saturday doesn't make a bad situation even worse. Remember true fans are here for the long ride, unlike the players, management and owners.

Keep the Faith!

Real fans? Please!

Well it comes down to who you think is telling the truth as none of us know what's really gone on...

I know part of their story is true...they where in the club shop and the guy in the suit was the new marketing guy who was saying to the girls "I don't know" (I could tell something was up by the girls faces)

Something bigger must of been going on here...surely ? Because if not then these girls have been treated pretty badly...

Girls, why didn't you just go around to the Rochdale Road end and pay to come in ? If I had been treated this badly (if that's true) and told I was not welcome then I would of got into the ground on principle :)

For the avoidance of any doubt, I was being sarcastic; I couldn't give a :censored:.

Those who really are so outraged shouldn't worry - the yanks'll be back, riding on some other vehicle of self-promotion, so I'm sure you won't go short of chug-fodder.