In/ Out  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or go? the choice is yours.

• Yes for him to stay
    • No he should go

It's all good and well saying "give Penney time". We haven't got any time - this club needs a serious injection of enthusiasm absolutely immediately.

I can see us finally sacking Penney come March in a desperate attempt to maintain our 3rd division status. I'd rather we cut our losses now.

Bring back Stitch and give him £10k a week to sign some proper footballers!! :ranting:

Then sack Stitch when nothing improves I take it. Then maybe give Dux a go...

Not having a go, but to keep sacking managers is just ridiculous.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all good and well saying "give Penney time". We haven't got any time - this club needs a serious injection of enthusiasm absolutely immediately.

I can see us finally sacking Penney come March in a desperate attempt to maintain our 3rd division status. I'd rather we cut our losses now.

Bring back Stitch and give him £10k a week to sign some proper footballers!! :ranting:

I think you'll find the way stitch has been harshly treated at the last couple of clube, he is very unlikely to be stepping back into management in the near future - from the horses' mouth so to speak.

As for talk of sacking yet another manager, i find the whole thing completely ridiculous, though in line with the game in this country over the last couple of years - patience and loyalty are 2 forgotten words in the ever greedy world of football these days.

However you are obviously pretty fed up at the state of things at the mo Stitch and made your call - no probs.

Unless TTA come up with a budget to attract an A-list manager ( :lol: ), I'd rather stick than twist.

Dave Penney's playing to the strengths of the available squad as best he can.

It reminds me of every opening season I've had as Oldham manager on FIFA. Grinding out 0-0 draws and hoping for a bonus.

I was sat at the game last night and felt a little sorry for DP. It's taken weeks (Hill's return to Palace) to free up some money for the striker we so desperately needed, even before Pav's lay-off. Reuben is injured and we don't have a back-up centre-half. Heck, it took TTA 2 months to put their hands in their pockets to bring in a competent 'keeper despite the manager long having lost patience with Brill.

Injuries have taken their toll but only because we've got a wafer-thin squad. I know it isn't fair to compare us with Leeds but did you see the strength of their bench?!

Unless TTA come up with a budget to attract an A-list manager ( :lol: ), I'd rather stick than twist.

It reminds me of every opening season I've had as Oldham manager on FIFA. Grinding out 0-0 draws and hoping for a bonus.

I was sat at the game last night and felt a little sorry for DP. It's taken weeks (Hill's return to Palace) to free up some money for the striker we so desperately needed, even before Pav's lay-off. Reuben is injured and we don't have a back-up centre-half. Heck, it took TTA 2 months to put their hands in their pockets to bring in a competent 'keeper despite the manager long having lost patience with Brill.

Injuries have taken their toll but only because we've got a wafer-thin squad. I know it isn't fair to compare us with Leeds but did you see the strength of their bench?!

Thing is, you don't know that.

It might have been players looking like signing falling through at the last minute after a call on their mobile.

Centre half was always a problem, I grant you.

I said it at the time and I'll say it now - We should of kept Shez.

As for Penney, give him more time but I'm not impressed by him so far. Keeping a manager is one way of achieving success eventually however we fail to understand this and axe the man in charge as soon as something goes wrong.

I said it at the time and I'll say it now - We should of kept Shez.

As for Penney, give him more time but I'm not impressed by him so far. Keeping a manager is one way of achieving success eventually however we fail to understand this and axe the man in charge as soon as something goes wrong.

agree. Just modern football for you.

I’d keep Penney as I doubt there are any managers that can make anything worthwhile out of the current bunch. A lot of people on here use the saying you can’t polish a turd but there was no need for Penney to drop a massive turd on our pitch in the first place.

agree. Just modern football for you.

OK so I,m further away from the action than most of you guys -but the recent call for DP,s head is way off the mark - this is the same manager who a few weeks ago, with a full squad and back up players on the subs bench got us to just outside the play off positions - now with a reduced squad and a weak bench we are falling away -with anything less than a full squad did anyone really expect anything else.

Blame the manager if you like for some of his buys, yes some are questionable, (DP is not by himself in that)but they where available at the price we has a club could pay -given more money I have little doubt he would have bought in others.

Here's an alternative why don't we go out and bring in seven players on loan and totally shatter any semblance of team/squad confidence -who knows with a little luck we might even rope in an over weight, over hyped would be TV pundit to score the missing goals.

For me its simple - give him time -without pressure of so called supporters calling for his head - that means to at least the end of the season - and no I don't believe he will see us relegated!!!

CAlling for Dave Penneys head is a bit premature.

It's not as if we are talking John Barnes-esque.

We are a difficult side to beat, and everyone knew Dave Penneys style and most agreed.

PEople have short memories, not so long ago we were pariasing the effort, team work and team spirit and work rate.

A few defeats, and the collapse like the French.

This stie should be renamed

OWTSM

Oh when the surrender monkeys come moaning in..

Edited by singe

I’d keep Penney as I doubt there are any managers that can make anything worthwhile out of the current bunch. A lot of people on here use the saying you can’t polish a turd but there was no need for Penney to drop a massive turd on our pitch in the first place.

It's kept the pitch looking good though :grin:

yet again an OWTB poll goes against the vocal minority

Yes, the silent majority vote usually vote with their feet rather than risk abuse on the forum but a poll gives them a chance to air their views.

:petesake::lol:

PENNEY IN

Come on Boys (And Girls) lets give the bloke a whole season to show us what he can really do! I know its been a poor start with at times some utter pap football! But yes he has had a lot of injuries and very little money to spend but we all knew this would be a transitional season!

Come on let get the team spirit back up!

Who fancies a team building night out! That's it a night out at the DOGS!!!!

We could invite the 1st team squad! And people could air there grievances and views.

Come on Boys (And Girls) lets give the bloke a whole season to show us what he can really do! I know its been a poor start with at times some utter pap football! But yes he has had a lot of injuries and very little money to spend but we all knew this would be a transitional season!

Come on let get the team spirit back up!

Who fancies a team building night out! That's it a night out at the DOGS!!!!

We could invite the 1st team squad! And people could air there grievances and views.

I have given up on us for this season. Never have i been so unenthusiastic about Oldham! Fans have voted by walking out, you can call them not true supporters but the very "fans" who pay on the gate and visit every now and then are the ones the club needs to survive and unfortunatley they along with me have had enough of he same old cr@p!!

They are more or less giving tickets away for the Exeter game to get a decent game, unfortunatley this game will only remind the stay away fans why they stopped bothering!

Is any of this Penneys fault - No not 100% he has his hands tied with money and injuries and the cr@p signings he has made. Should we bring someone else in - Yes if only to bring a brief spell of optomism!

I fear for the future of this club.

Nice to see that support for Penney has gone up since his appointment!!!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...4&hl=penney

29th April 2009 - 69.46% - happy with his appointment

3rd Dec 2009 - 70.8% - happy for him to stay

Nice to see he's converted a few :grin:

Just reward for our recent fantastic performances

Out - he's embarrasing us and driving fans away. It will only get worse. Out of his depth.

Fans are leaving because of the general state of the club, which is frankly shocking. If Penney goes, then the whole lot should go cos they're just as bad.

Penney has had should awful luck - he's lost half his side in the last 6 weeks or so. He's a Russel Slade-esque sorta guy - defensive, loves his clean sheets. Not what I like to see, but we start messing about even further then we are done for.

However, he needs to buck his ideas up. As do the clowns who employ him.

Guest Scratch2000uk

No money being offered, and diectors with no ambition ( for the club that is ) in my opinion. hard job for any manager. :wink:

Even old purple nose would struggle. :grin:

Nice to see that support for Penney has gone up since his appointment!!!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...4&hl=penney

29th April 2009 - 69.46% - happy with his appointment

3rd Dec 2009 - 70.8% - happy for him to stay

Nice to see he's converted a few :grin:

Now that is interesting....given the results and performances although I feel that is only an extra 1 maybe 2 who converted :grin: