Stadium Plans Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't give a :censored: what it looks like..its where its going that bothers me.

Fair enough, but it doing a soul-less legodome has been high on many people's list of concerns. Corney said all along they planned to make it something half decent, so let's acknowledge that maybe he wasn't talking out of his arse from the word go.

Going to break my silence to say it looks nice...

Only lasting concerns are now:

• Capacity (10 is too small)
  • Besides the two corners it dose not look easily expandable
  • What's going outside of it
  • Who is going to own what

Going see it myself later.

TTFN

TTFN

Shortest retirement in history :grin:

Agree with your points though, but hopefully the whats going in and out of it will be on the OS soon... I really hope it is 12000 capacity

whats up latics fanatic..not happy folk just ain't happy with it?

its not happening yet.its not been approved and there are plenty of opposition to hold things up.

Are you going down there today Johnny? If you feel so strongly about it, like.

OK then. As I understood it, the two filled-in corners are 'optional extras' - the final capacity has yet to be decided. It looks great with the corners (even with two empty), but won't be so hot without.

The plans are a long way from finalised, nowhere near the planning application stage IMO. Even the stadium position isn't finalised, but it will be towards the north of the site, on the council land. (Hmmm.....) There are various reasons for this, including access to the main stand which seemingly has to be on the west side. (Myself, I'd put it on the east side and push the development to the back of the site). No details on access, car parking, Metrolink, other facilities, etc. It really isn't that far on.

Right ladies and gentlemen I have just got back.

Re the horseshoe design, this is what the stadium will look like with two corners filled in. When we first move into it, it may only be just the four stands, it may have one corner filled in, it may have two filled in, it depends what kind of backing they get.

I personally thing having two of the corners filled in, and having four separate stands, is the difference to it looking like a colchester/shrewsbury or a decent championship stadium.

The stadium will probably be going on the bit of land leased to the club by the council, with the leisure facilities (and new allotments) going on the land formerly owned by BA.

To be fair Ackey could do to stay of the booze for a bit and steady those shakes, however the stadium looks pretty good in the artists impression. So that's one box ticked.

He said his mate took the photo on his phone, hence the quality.

Now what is it they say affects a mans eyesight? :blind::shock::wink:

TTFN

I share your concerns.

However on expansion, as well as filling in the reamining corners, so long as the initial foundations are strong enough. the stand-alone stand cound be increased in size by another tier, seeing as its independant from the others.

Edit: Ignore my expansion theory seeing as it's very likely to be 4 seperate stands to start with.

Edited by laticsrblue

So what we have so far is what the stadium might look like but maybe not to start with. And only a rough idea as to where it will be on the site.

What we don't appear to have is any details of the rest of the development, i.e. commercial elements built into the stadium design, shop, bar, hospitality/banqueting/conferencing facilities, and what else is to be built on site (apart from the basic premise of a few community sports facilities) to generate income streams for the club.

It seems the wait is far from over.