Stadium Plans Thread

What bloody slope? It's the angle of the camera.

Just the four stands then, oh well - not as good as the artists impression. Better than our current set up, granted.

They said it depends on the backing they get, whether they build it with two of the corners filled in.

I really hope they do even if they do like a milton keynes and dont put seats in untill they need to

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it looks nice. It's good to see it but that means very little. That isn't actually what it'll look like and it'll still be outside Oldham.

Can't help thinking it's just pretty pictures to impress those in support of the move; win over a few fence-straddlers; and maybe raise the volume of their opinion a little, over that of the objectors. And 'consultation' is just a euphemism for "This is how it's gonna be (or at least how we want you lot to think it's gonna be)".

AH told me at the meeting tonight that the 4 stands on their own give us the 12K capacity.

With all four corners added this would be more like 16-17K

Then those people offering information to the attendees should get their heads together and try to come up with the same facts. Three of us were told that without the corners, the four stands would hold just over 10k.

Let's hope the official release tomorrow is less ambiguous than the verbal details given tonight.

The earlier posters for me have got carried away and just what the photo's placed on view were designed to do.

Phase one of the build is for 4 stands only without corners filled in. If......IF backers come on board looking for office space etc, then the corners will be filled in in phase two. Big question here....will phase two ever be seen?

Not sure we can blame them altogether here Lags - if events had panned out a few months differently with the proposed BP plans then I believe they could have found themselved exposed to the costs of the full developement without the associated finance to pay for it. Fingers crossed they are well down the line with getting various people on board and it's more a case of finalising deals and getting them signed.

I do agree that regardless of whether it is 12,000 before filling in corners or that's including 2 filled in (note to club, seems to be a mixed message from different visitors today, maybe something to clarify) I agree that it looks a whole lot better with half filled in.

Re OOTB's concerns about location of catering, honestly, I'm sure there will be somewhere convenient to buy a pie an a beer without them sticking a model of the Piegirl in a booth behind one of the stands, I'm, pretty sure they don't plan to build a groun a see yet more money soak away due to :censored:e catering facilities!

a 4 sided stadium, superb --- did anyone notice if it had corner flags?

with crowds of <4,000 I ain't concerned about the 10-12k capacity anymore, the conspiracy theorists may have a case for thinking that this was all just a cunning plan

I had a good chat with AH at the preview tonight.

Currently talking to a Primary Care Trust with a vfiew to putting pyhsiotherapy unit in one of the corners.

Worth a(nother) try I suppose, but I'd be wary - the PCT are liable to pull out (again) at any time quoting financial issues (again) so I definitely wouldn't be relying on them to fund one of the corners.

Revenue also would come from a possible Harvester type family pub using the Lancaster Club building, a multiplex cinema, Sport Bar, Footy Pitches and there was sommuat else but I can't remember.

All potentially good stuff, assuming there's the market for such leisure facilities at the site. Would be interesting to find out what kind of ongoing (presumably rental/franchise) revenue that might generate for the club.

Edited by garcon

Then those people offering information to the attendees should get their heads together and try to come up with the same facts. Three of us were told that without the corners, the four stands would hold just over 10k.

Let's hope the official release tomorrow is less ambiguous than the verbal details given tonight.

after having seen it,i think its a decent design,i agree it does need to have the 2 corners filled in from the off,and one stand alone stand keep all the home fans together.

think if they can achieve this things will look up,lets face it its 1000 times better than we currently have...

i hope that this time round being a bit closer to manchester means we could attract more prestigious buisnesses to jump on board and help the club build something special

look forward to seeing finalised plans.

after having seen it,i think its a decent design,i agree it does need to have the 2 corners filled in from the off,and one stand alone stand keep all the home fans together.

think if they can achieve this things will look up,lets face it its 1000 times better than we currently have...

i hope that this time round being a bit closer to manchester means we could attract more prestigious buisnesses to jump on board and help the club build something special

look forward to seeing finalised plans.

Well after going round Oldham town centre yesterday, if I had a business I wouldnt want it anywhere near there. What...a....s**thole, in fact, it gives the term s**thole a bad name !!!!

I'm sure there will be somewhere convenient to buy a pie an a beer without them sticking a model of the Piegirl in a booth behind one of the stands, I'm, pretty sure they don't plan to build a groun a see yet more money soak away due to :censored:e catering facilities!

I agree. What made me wonder about catering facilities though, was the fact that the bar in the sponsor suite was closed!

They must have lost £2k a week bar revenue when they knocked the lookers down - They don't seem to learn.

A pub on every corner of the ground, like Brentford. That's what the people of Oldham like!

A pub on every corner of the ground, like Brentford. That's what the people of Oldham like!

It would be an enticing way to start every other Saturday afternoon, but aren't pubs closing down all round that way? Any new 7 day facilities need something different/better to the businesses that are failing aroun there currently. Of course, just not being a total dump may be a trumo card in some cases and a pub and or/bar feeding a cinema crowd could bring big bucks as well as some local/passing daytime custom

I have noticed a few people saying that it does not look like colchester, but without the two corners (which i was told would be a phase two expansion) it is almost identical .

I think the plans are realistic , probably 10000 capacity with no corners will be the out come .

Dissapointing but unfortunatly we are down with the burys and rochdales now.

Edited by lemars

looks a cracking little stadium and maybe would be a nice little complex around too - if only it wasnt in citeh's back yard and deep into manc territory it would be ideal.

I know the argument over location has been repeated many times but failsworth is a no-no for me. It just aint Oldham never mind what civic boundaries say !

Oldham may not be the most appealing town in the north but failsworth just aint right !!!

My understanding was it will be a 12000 capacity stadium initially with the option of the corners filled in to raise this to 16000 IF they can attract investors to lease office space or hotel which would then provide the 'corners filled in'

The design showing the filled in corners has been labelled phase 2

It's not a done deal at the mo though,still waiting on the green light over the memorial ground debate.

All in all, if we get the design that's shown ( i.e 16000 with corners filled in ) then i think it looks impressive and i'm happy.The initial four separate stands alternative worries me though.

Hope the funding is found and we get a stadium to be proud of..............I reserve judgement.

Why wasn't there a model of phase 1 as imagine this is what we will initially be getting ?

Apologies for the quality, my mate took it on his camera phone:

imagepng.jpg

Ackey, you sneaky bugger!!!...I saw Mr Hardy pull two people for taking mobile piccies... :grin:

He did promise they will be onthe website tomorrow. I like it, however on little incey wincey downside - apparently, the main entrance won't be face on when you come onto the site so you don't see the front. Its going to be side on. Something to do with how the sun is going to hit the stadium at certain times of the day and you don't want sunshine directly in the main sponsors faces/boxes. Oh well

I saw Diego and Harry O'Dowds there so I am ure an indepth impartial overview will follow

Why wasn't there a model of phase 1 as imagine this is what we will initially be getting ?

I imagine if they'd have shown us that then the response wouldn't have been as favourable, i agree we should have been shown what we will probably get though as opposed to 'this is what you could have won'

Fingers crossed...you never know.

AH told me at the meeting tonight that the 4 stands on their own give us the 12K capacity.

With all four corners added this would be more like 16-17K

That's what Alan told me too, had a good chat with the Architect too and they hope to get the application in by May, sensibly they're likely to wait until AFTER any election to avoid getting embroiled in political wrangling which has been my main concern all along.

Still a lot of questions remain as what we have at the moment are very, very rough impressions - interestingly the capacities had been crossed out with a marker - but were still readable and Ian Hill told me off for taking pictures - ah well!!! The capacity will be just under 12000.

The ground has a 125 Degree window in the area where it has to go - behind the Lancaster club but the club are hoping for some sort of frontage to Broadway so it can be seen according the Architect and the PR Dolly Bird..

As for the Charitable Trust land it has been confirmed TWICE there is no ncase to answer but the residents keep on going backwards and forwards to the Charity commission and the Chron in turn redraft the same old crap. It went back for a third time and they hope to hear back soon )within days according to the architect)

Oh and Barry was after 3 tickets for a game apparently... :wink:

Good to see Alan Hardy back on his feet but he looked knackered. Disapppointing none of TTA were there, Alan Hardy apart it would be nice to speak to organ grinders and not the monkeys...

I await the next phase on the 25th.....

Edited by oafcprozac

It would be an enticing way to start every other Saturday afternoon, but aren't pubs closing down all round that way? Any new 7 day facilities need something different/better to the businesses that are failing aroun there currently. Of course, just not being a total dump may be a trumo card in some cases and a pub and or/bar feeding a cinema crowd could bring big bucks as well as some local/passing daytime custom

There's applications to re-open at least two pubs down that way Lees... (Subject to planning permission being granted for the ground)

Brown Cow is it? And a white one (On euther side within a few hundred yards of the proposed ground)

Looks a little bit like a scaled down version of the Brittania like that for me- Horseshoe with another stand not connected for away fans. Stadium asthetics though are not my main concern- TBH I still go to BP and whilst having character its a dump. Plans should be for top quality facilities (something a Premierhsip team should be proud of not a League 1 team) including somewhere you can buy a pie, a hot drink and an alcoholic drink in all 4 stands. Somewhere to sit down and chat to mates- how many of us go to Oldham and have mates in the same stand but not nearby. The sports bar is a good idea- not sure how much use it will get when Oldham aren't playing, I suppose its depends on the quality and other things it offers like food and possible betting/gambling options- as a pre game meet up place to chat to mates who sit in a different stand/ bit of friendly banter with away fans- the Clayton Green must make 50% of its profit on Oldham Matchdays

PCTs are like football teams you won't be allowed to have PCT facilities in an area which is a different PCT and due to the complexity of NHS (and PCT in particular) budgets PCTs find it hard to share clinical facilites (as opposed to administrative facilities). Given the close proximity to Manchester it may not even be Oldham PCT. But having space for physios within a football ground is not the worst idea as you can use the NHS clinical areas as a St. John's (or type) base for the game- just have to staff it with competent people first. But as mentioned PCTs are not exactly flushed with cash at the moment so may find it difficult to get funding, and this is probably going to get worse as any proposed increase in spending in the NHS is actually going to be a real terms decrease as resources will get used up more. Get the office/meeting space right and you won't have to search very hard to find willing tennants given how its close to a motorway junction and has decent public transport links (which will be excellent if a tram stop is built on site).

The problem with anything like this though is you have to get it right otherwise it won't be any better than what we have (and will be worse when you factor in the extra expense). The way OAFC, Oldham Council and the NHS are run means that the odds of something involving all 3 being bang on are slim indeed- it just depends how wrong things can go before we would be better off staying in a 3 sided ISZ.

There's applications to re-open at least two pubs down that way Lees... (Subject to planning permission being granted for the ground)

Brown Cow is it? And a white one (On euther side within a few hundred yards of the proposed ground)

They'd get good matchday custom, especially if the tram takes away fans near there rather than them getting pissed in Manc and pitching up at BP for kick off. Whether that would be enough to sustain big pubs throughout the year I don't kno.

They'd get good matchday custom, especially if the tram takes away fans near there rather than them getting pissed in Manc and pitching up at BP for kick off. Whether that would be enough to sustain big pubs throughout the year I don't kno.

Last Orders is close too = :censored: beer but cheap as chips!