Stadium Plans Thread

They'd get good matchday custom, especially if the tram takes away fans near there rather than them getting pissed in Manc and pitching up at BP for kick off. Whether that would be enough to sustain big pubs throughout the year I don't kno.

£500k for a tram stop the architect said, would take too long to pay for itself apparently and its likely the car park will have to be down scaled.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after going round Oldham town centre yesterday, if I had a business I wouldnt want it anywhere near there. What...a....s**thole, in fact, it gives the term s**thole a bad name !!!!

Wind yer neck in.....You seriously suggesting that end of Failsworth/Newton Heath is less of a :censored:hole than Oldham ? Oldham's no worse than any other large, former industrial town/urban area in Lancs/Yorks, and if you say otherwise you clearly haven't traveled.

As for the stadium : From the very limited info I have seen so far I'd be well happy with that development, but not in Failsworth/Manchester. Sorry - can't get enthusiastic about this.

Edited by Yard Dog

Wind yer neck in.....You seriously suggesting that end of Failsworth/Newton Heath is less of a :censored:hole than Oldham ? Oldham's no worse than any other large, former industrial town/urban area in Lancs/Yorks, and if you say otherwise you clearly haven't traveled.

As for the stadium : From the very limited info I have seen so far I'd be well happy with that development, but not in Failsworth/Manchester. Sorry - can't get enthusiastic about this.

Sorry mate, I've travelled all over the UK and abroad, and well Oldham is one on biggest dumps in the country!

Oldham's no worse than any other large, former industrial town/urban area in Lancs/Yorks, and if you say otherwise you clearly haven't traveled.

Not that I want to support Oldham-knocking, but a visit to Huddersfield or even Halifax shows that to be wrong. Attractive vibrant town centres, and that's just two that I have chanced upon in none-footballing ways in recent years despite being an exile. I suspect it helps a great deal them being distinct towns rather than conurbations but a fact is a fact.

Ive said this from the start, the best way to make this a substantial business idea and bring money in on a daily basis, not to mention keeping everyone happy is to turn the Lancashire Club into a Brothel / Strip club!

Ive said this from the start, the best way to make this a substantial business idea and bring money in on a daily basis, not to mention keeping everyone happy is to turn the Lancashire Club into a Brothel / Strip club!

And you are the guy who spent some time working inside the Club but they wouldn't take your marketing ideas seriously?

It all starts to make sense

Keigan Parker as consultant.

Not that I want to support Oldham-knocking, but a visit to Huddersfield or even Halifax shows that to be wrong. Attractive vibrant town centres, and that's just two that I have chanced upon in none-footballing ways in recent years despite being an exile. I suspect it helps a great deal them being distinct towns rather than conurbations but a fact is a fact.

I wandered out for lunch in Halifax today with the intention of buying a CD.

No bloody HMV or similar in town ffs and The Pride of Whitby fish restaurant has closed (as has the "all you can eat" Chinese)!

For women as the men will be watching the footy in the stadium either on the pitch or in the planned sports bar....aww family days..

Creche at the new stadium too?????

:lol:

reason for edit - bad spelling

Edited by underdog

I wandered out for lunch in Halifax today with the intention of buying a CD.

No bloody HMV or similar in town ffs and The Pride of Whitby fish restaurant has closed (as has the "all you can eat" Chinese)!

anyone ever ventured around batley or some of the london suburbs....oldham for all its problems has some loverly countryside some down to earth folk and a bloody good footie club...open your eyes and stop seeing what u want to see that's what i say

anyone ever ventured around batley or some of the london suburbs....oldham for all its problems has some loverly countryside some down to earth folk and a bloody good footie club...open your eyes and stop seeing what u want to see that's what i say

No idea if it's deliberate or not, but Oldham has a massive tourist attraction potential up in dem der hills.

Sorry mate, I've travelled all over the UK and abroad, and well Oldham is one on biggest dumps in the country!

Not been to too may places up in the North East then. Oldham is not the best town in the country (I've argued about that before and that was just comparing it to Bury) but there are an awful lot of places worse than Oldham in England, nevermind when you factor in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well.

Not been to too may places up in the North East then. Oldham is not the best town in the country (I've argued about that before and that was just comparing it to Bury) but there are an awful lot of places worse than Oldham in England, nevermind when you factor in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well.

precisely, In fact a lot of the so called rural upper class areas have there fair share of problems...wellesbourne in warwickshire a place that i stop over quite regular has some of the loutish louts in the country just because they live in posh houses doesn't make em immune from drink drugs and violence..

The stadium looks nice, take away the fancy stuff and you have new-build stadium like your Colchesters/Shrewsburys. Am I bothered? Nah! So long as I have a good view and the facilities are good then that will do for me. I'd like to have the corners built but that only looks likely at this stage if additional backing is found. I wouldn't be too upset if it wasn't happening straight away or delayed for a long time. We won't fill the 11k+ stadium for a while.

I wanted to find out more about how the other facilities in the land would help generate income for the club but it doesn't look like that side of things has advanced too much. Could be plenty of building work even after the stadium is complete.

With the metrolink there are talks with them about a stop outside the ground. Metrolink would like a bit of land for a sub-station to be built and this could be used as a bargaining chip towards getting this station. Otherwise Dean Lane is half a mile down the road.

Pleased on the whole with what I've heard/seen tonight, location isn't a problem with me and the stadium is nice I just want to know how this stadium and surrounding land is going to benefit the club financially with the various projects that are possible.

The stadium looks nice, take away the fancy stuff and you have new-build stadium like your Colchesters/Shrewsburys. Am I bothered? Nah! So long as I have a good view and the facilities are good then that will do for me. I'd like to have the corners built but that only looks likely at this stage if additional backing is found. I wouldn't be too upset if it wasn't happening straight away or delayed for a long time. We won't fill the 11k+ stadium for a while.

I wanted to find out more about how the other facilities in the land would help generate income for the club but it doesn't look like that side of things has advanced too much. Could be plenty of building work even after the stadium is complete.

With the metrolink there are talks with them about a stop outside the ground. Metrolink would like a bit of land for a sub-station to be built and this could be used as a bargaining chip towards getting this station. Otherwise Dean Lane is half a mile down the road.

Pleased on the whole with what I've heard/seen tonight, location isn't a problem with me and the stadium is nice I just want to know how this stadium and surrounding land is going to benefit the club financially with the various projects that are possible.

Looks like Plymouth, alright that