more fans at BP, our ethnic communties

Would you stop attending BP?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stop attending latics games if our ethnic communties start attending?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfetic what is the point off having a forum when you cant type anything what is worst is ur allowing people call me rascist etc but deleting my replys lmao

If you post without making racist remarks they will not be removed.

Also, if you highlight the posts where you're being called a racist - I can't see any - I will edit/remove them as I deem appropriate.

I did explain this to you via PM, but it seems you want to do it in public and frankly I can't be bothered to delete your posts any more.

You are now on a 1 week Moderator Preview to ensure your unacceptable posts do not appear on OWTB.

why does it all have to be one sided with u lot maybe thay dont like us, and everyone acts diffrent on face value remmember the oldham riots wasnt just white people throwing bricks etc.

if thay wanted to come thay will no one is stoping them gl hf

Fair Comment and yes I did not think about it in a vice versa way. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

However, The local colleges/schools have managed/have had to intergrate before and more so after the riots to the point where they are now nationally recognised for their achievements.

Maybe there is no answer at the moment, maybe the way is a new stadium, a team that's on the up (and yes we are hopefully). Maybe success will generate the interest for us

So, Many thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on this thread

perfetic what is the point off having a forum when you cant type anything what is worst is ur allowing people call me rascist etc but deleting my replys lmao

If you post without making racist remarks they will not be removed.

Also, if you highlight the posts where you're being called a racist - I can't see any - I will edit/remove them as I deem appropriate.

I did explain this to you via PM, but it seems you want to do it in public and frankly I can't be bothered to delete your posts any more.

You are now on a 1 week Moderator Preview to ensure your unacceptable posts do not appear on OWTB.

It was always going to end like this.

What I don't get is why you don't want to attend football with non-English folk when you are more than happy for them to teach you the English language.

I've never understood you tata-hash munchers. Even with an extra finger you complain.

I think the question is how to get new fans from families that don't have the Latics tradition. Get them and you will attract a proportion of Asians along with others. Agree with Prozac, just do whatever it takes to get kids through the door. Why are we charging what is a pittance anyway for a kid to come in? They will bring paying adults anyway. Maybe there is a psychological benefit to them getting their ST book or whatever but why not make it discountable against mum or dads?

Would you in all honesty take your young children to any football match when you know that there will more often than not be disgusting words and abuse a few seats away from them? Not to mention the extreemly,rude chants that i can hear a stand away from where they are being sung.It's a no brainer to me . Tidy up our act and make it more family friendly. End of.

Would you in all honesty take your young children to any football match when you know that there will more often than not be disgusting words and abuse a few seats away from them? Not to mention the extreemly,rude chants that i can hear a stand away from where they are being sung.It's a no brainer to me . Tidy up our act and make it more family friendly. End of.

Well I'm 35, and I learnt a lot of those words myself at BP, why should I deny the opportunity to a new generation? I'm all for having designated family areas but some rude singing and giving the other side stick is part and parcel of the matchday experience and always has been.

Sort of linked to the subject, the latest news on the BNP has just come through on the Daily Mash:

BNP DROPS WHITE MEN WHO SECRETLY FANTASISE ABOUT DENZEL WASHINGTON-ONLY POLICY Print E-mail

15-02-10

THE BNP has voted to open its membership to people who are not repressed homosexuals secretly pining for the hot love of a large, powerful black man.

Studies have shown that Washington is also attractive to women

At an extraordinary general meeting in Essex, the party reluctantly agreed to accept straight and openly gay people who do not over-compensate for their latent urges by lashing out at the object of their lust.

The BNP was forced to change its constitution after a court ruled it was in breach of equality laws by excluding anyone who did not lie awake at night with their hands down the front of their pyjamas, replaying scenes from The Pelican Brief.

But party leader Nick Griffin said forcing latent gay men with inter-racial sex fantasies to mix with everyone else was a 'symptom of the multiculturalism which has failed Britain so spectacularly'.

Griffin, who once famously declared there is 'no such thing as a bisexual Welshman', added: "They'll be welcomed as long as they keep quiet during our weekly screenings of Crimson Tide and agree with our position that Denzel Washington has no business parading himself like that, flexing his supple limbs and acting like he could have any man he wanted."

Tom Logan, professor of latent politics at Reading University, said: "It will be interesting to see how this impacts on the BNP given that it has always been such a fragile coalition of conflicted gay men and Nazi leather fetishists."

Meanwhile the party faced further criticism after physically ejecting a Times journalist who gave Washington's latest film, The Book of Eli, a four star review.

Nick Griffin said: "We will co-operate with the Times when it stops going on and on about that scumbag Washington and his easy charm, his chiselled jaw and those broad, muscular shoulders that make me want to spend the entire afternoon in my study with a 'do not disturb' sign on my knob."

Okay Lesslover....slightly gone off the thread haven' t we. :blink:

I disagree - I think that article sums up this poll/thread. :lol:

Edit: I came back and voted to keep our % of racist sc*m low.

Edited by martjs

I disagree - I think that article sums up this poll/thread. :lol:

Well, now that you mention the article, I do find Denzel Washington a bit of "corrrr...." especially in his younger days. :wink: ...well I am a lady you know.....

Wonder if Denzel can pull the crowds in...hmmm...I am now wondering if those American Lasses had an impact on crowd figures too...hmmmm

I wasn't at tranmere so I'm just assuming here, but would those hurling racist chants be teenagers? I know when I was in my teens I was pretty racist towards Asians. However, I think as we mature we become a bit more diverse in our attitudes to others. I think it's easy to slag off something u don't understand when ur young, and, as I went bluecoat, I didn't really have any dealings with the Asian community. Except prhaps the 'paki shop' on London Rd in Derker. I don't even say paki shop any more! Oh hang on, I just did...

Anyway, I digress. Kids nowadays no a hell of a lot more about Asian cultures than I did when I was at school 20odd years ago. I'd like to think being less ignorant of something also makes u more tollerant. My 80odd year old gran is as racist as they come. She doesn't mean anyone any harm but it's just how some of her generation are. Maybe by the time I'm her age, racism the way we knew it when we were at school will just be another black mark (no pun intended) in history? We can only hope.....

So come one, come all. Just don't demand we lose the owl from our badge!

I think I see what you are getting at, but really must object at your apparent mixing up of ignorance and intolerance. They are two very different things. Personally I grew up in the further reaches of High Crompton, and didn't see asians, or indeed blacks, till going on to High school, if I recall. Therefore I tended to be ignorant of the multicultured nature of our modern society. However, that did not cause, and nor would it excuse, any streak of intolerance towards people based solely on the colour of their skin. True enough, greater understanding does lead to greater wisdom, but please don't try to make ignorance an excuse fo racism, because it just isn't.

Sorry, rant over!

There's lots of reasons why I rarely go anymore but as far as specific incidents go the sustained racist abuse of Wayne Andrews at Colchester in theyear after that summer is top of the list. I can't say this is persuading me to become a regular again.

Can I ask Why?...

because it gets done every 2 or 3 months.

it's boring.

even when not accompanied by a poll with the options "i'm racist", "i'm not racist".

and, guess what?

2 or 3 months on Oldhams Muslims STILL don't spend much money on luxuries, certainly don't spend much money on luxuries with non-Muslim owned businesses and on the rare occassions that they do it certainly wouldn't be spent with a Jewish owned business.

why not focus your energies on the 200,000 or so white, black, chinese, eastern european people in Oldham who are way more likely to come and watch a football match?

or, even better, don't discriminate at all.

Edited by dfOAFC