Aaron Ramsey

Just used Sky+ to watch the replay, as understandably Sky are not going to show it.

It's a horrible thing to happen, but there's not a drop of intent from Ryan Shawcross when he goes into the challenge.

It's an honest 50-50.

All the best to the kid, that's going to be hard to come back from.

saw him being stretchered off didnt see the injury or tackle,

wonder if it will be on MOTD?

no doubt someone will youtube it

I'd expect MOTD to show it once, at full speed, but not in slow motion.

I'm not happy with the way Wenger is talking up the tackle though.

It's disrespectful to Ramsey as much as it is Shawcross. It's an honest challenge and to 'big it up' as anything more is to lose focus of the fact that this poor kid has got a broken leg and may never play again.

Its things like this that make you realise its just a game. I genuinely wish him all the best and really hope he recovers from it.

Indeed.

Growing frustrated with Alan Davies on Twitter who's making out like Shawcross had an evil plan from the beginning of the game to end Ramsey's career.

It was an absolutely horrific accident and should be treated as such.

I'd expect MOTD to show it once, at full speed, but not in slow motion.

I'm not happy with the way Wenger is talking up the tackle though.

It's disrespectful to Ramsey as much as it is Shawcross. It's an honest challenge and to 'big it up' as anything more is to lose focus of the fact that this poor kid has got a broken leg and may never play again.

100% agree, both looked fully focussed on getting ball. Hope he's soon on the road to recovery. To watch Fabregas fly through the back of a Stoke defender minutes before giving an interview implying they are always the victims stuck in the throat.

I am amazed that Wenger gets away with his comments. Either player could of come away there with a broken leg... Total 50/50 ball...

Exactly.....Shawcross has already committed himself to the challenge and unfortunately Ramseys standing leg is at a bad angle - this world really has created a "somebodys always at fault" society.

I pity them both for different reasons.

I think in the modern game challenges which break a player's leg the ref has no choice but to send them off. IMHO that wasn't a red card it was a badly timed (in more ways than 1) challenge with 1 foot and no studs showing- he goes over the ball and you can see there was no malice about it from his obviously not fake reaction (I've gone off Alan Davies for that comment- I bet he wasn't at the game).

That is a fairly obvious compound fracture of the lower tibia and fibula (I love how the BBC say only a suspected fracture). Ramsey will be lucky if he plays before Feb 2011- which is good news for the English considering England are in the same qualifying group as Wales.

I hope Ramsey gets better as quickly as possible as he has the potential to be one of the British greats.

That is a fairly obvious compound fracture of the lower tibia and fibula...

Same thing happened to my old man in the sixties, when he was 12 or 13, playing in a game where scouts from City, United and Latics had gathered together the best youngsters in the county.

Suffice to say he never got a sniff of professional football after that.

I think MOTD will show the replay once in slow motion, like they did with Eduardo (similar, where Sky also opted not to show it).

Looks a bad 'un regardless.

I think Sky made the quite valid point at the time today. Ramsey's family would probably be watching and it's the last thing they'd want to see. By the time BBC show it they'll have a fair idea what the consequences are.

My take on it is that Arsenal are continually kicked to :censored: as they are better at football than the other teams. If teams are doing this all the time then it is of little surprise that three players in five years are having to walk of with their leg tucked under their arm.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I have to agree with OS that Wenger has a point to a certain extent. It's a bit disingenuous to have a pop at the lad and imply it's a deliberate attempt to injure the player, however if teams are always told to "get stuck into them" and "make sure you put a foot in" then you are going to end up with more players throwing themselves into clumsy, dangerous tackles like the one yesterday than they usually would. I know Wenger goes over the top with some of his comments but it must be gutting to see these players you've taken under your wing put out of the game, potentially permanently, by tackles which against most other teams would have been pulled out of.

Having said that I'm happy Shawcross has made the England squad and I think both lads will go on to do well for their countries as well as in the Premier League.

All the best to Ramsey for a speedy recovery.

However, if you actually watch the incident back on Sky+, Shawcross is looking straight down at the ball and sweeping his leg to get the ball first....by contrast, Ramsey is also going for the ball (therefore a 50/50 challenge irrespective of what the blinkered Wenger may spew out to the media), but Ramsey's right ankle appears to be bending and tragically Shawcross connects with Ramsey's leg which caused it to break.

Roy Keane deliberately set out to injure a player when he maimed Alf Inge Haaland - Ryan Shawcross & Aaron Ramsey were both being 100% committed in trying to win the ball for their sides. Wenger needs to take a long hard look at himself and the incident in question before he starts slating the lad Shawcross and trying to find blame. It was an innocent challenge by both players yet to hear Wenger spew his bile you'd think everyone should stand aside and just let Arsenal have the ball for the entire 90 minutes and never dare try and take it off his players.