Player Signing Today?

Chron <_<

The 32-year-old striker has returned to his parent club Millwall after his loan was not renewed, despite Athletic being keen to get him back on board for a further month.

The sticking point is believed to be at the Millwall end, with the Lions currently experiencing a shortage up front due to injuries to Gary Alexander and Neil Harris.

It means that Athletic officials will turn their attentions elsewhere in a bid to bring an alternative attacking player, who could go straight into the team for a game at Boundary Park that has been described as “massive” by Dave Penney.

Chron <_<

The 32-year-old striker has returned to his parent club Millwall after his loan was not renewed, despite Athletic being keen to get him back on board for a further month.

The sticking point is believed to be at the Millwall end, with the Lions currently experiencing a shortage up front due to injuries to Gary Alexander and Neil Harris.

It means that Athletic officials will turn their attentions elsewhere in a bid to bring an alternative attacking player, who could go straight into the team for a game at Boundary Park that has been described as “massive” by Dave Penney.

Highly unlikely...unless someone was waiting in the wings to step into Price's boots.

Chron <_<

A local Premier league forward who we were linked with on transfer deadline day maybe?

He'll have missed the deadline for tonight won't he?

I thought it was 5 O'Clock for loans.............Remember Danny Jones last year at Stockport that was pretty late in the day!!

The premiership player could be Fabian Brandy?

I thought it was 5 O'Clock for loans.............Remember Danny Jones last year at Stockport that was pretty late in the day!!

I think you may be right on both counts

after saturday this doesnt concern me one bit he was aweful with little effort apart from first ten mins of 2nd half

brandy would be a very good signing unfortunatly cant see it happening. latics dont sign good up and coming forward who no were the net is

after saturday this doesnt concern me one bit he was aweful with little effort apart from first ten mins of 2nd half

brandy would be a very good signing unfortunatly cant see it happening. latics dont sign good up and coming forward who no were the net is

Like Porter.

I wouldn't see Brandy starting ahead of Pav or Nard. An in form winger or attacking mid would be a far more useful signing IMO, as if they were half decent they would absolutely make the starting 11.

I would take a fit brandy over these two any day.

To be fair, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we score youngsters in the hope they'll turn out good we're usually disappointed (Glombard, Robertson, Grabban, Beavers, Cooper, Zola, etc) and get complaints about not signing proven strikers - who often also disappoint (Windass, Price, Burgess, Constantine, Kabba, Byfield, etc). Good up and coming forwards by their very nature are few and far between and hard to get on loan - I reckon Brandy and Beckford are the exceptions, not most clubs' experience.

I think there's risk inherent in loan signings - they're not guaranteed to do well. If they were in superb form they wouldn't be available for loan, and they have to settle into a new team, possibly new tactics and learn new teammates' abilities in a very short term.

Me, I reckon creative players have been our blind spot for years - I still remember how good Stuart Barlow was after he left us, possibly something we'll see with O'Grady in a year or two as well (too early to tell now). If you don't create quality chances even a quality player can't score. Look at the difference an in-form Wellens or Croft made.

Anyway, doesn't look like we're getting a new signing tonight. Unfortunately.

Didnt jason jarret sign on for us at about 6 on night of a game and played that night?

i hope price does return back to oldham.

ah, roylearmy just the man!

any inside information on this alternative attacking player? :wink:

Are we moving Sean Gregan up front? :shock:

hmmmm....we did it with Ian Marshall and lets face it, he can put some power behind that ball and he must be now one of ou leading goalscorers too. :wink:

c'mon Gregs, get up front tonight. We can't do much worse can we