The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95% of the crowd won't be able to see much.

It'll be some occasion though.

To be fair They'll have several big screens inside the ground and they're not overcharging for the top tier IMO.

Like promoter Eddie Hearn said, those who buy the £30 top tier tickets still have an unrestricted view of the ring, unrestricted view of big screens and the full atmosphere of being at one of the biggest British boxing fights in the last 20 years. £30 really ain't bad for that. I've paid £10 short of that this season to sit in a 3 sided :censored:hole watching dross bore draws like Latics v Crewe.

Edited by PlayItLivo

To be fair They'll have several big screens inside the ground and they're not overcharging for the top tier IMO.

Like promoter Eddie Hearn said, those who buy the £30 top tier tickets still have an unrestricted view of the ring, unrestricted view of big screens and the full atmosphere of being at one of the biggest British boxing fights in the last 20 years. £30 really ain't bad for that. I've paid £10 short of that this season to sit in a 3 sided :censored:hole watching dross bore draws like Latics v Crewe.

I've never been to a live fight, I fully get the atmosphere but surely you could hardly see what's going on at stadium distance? Ie how well people are landing, breathing. I'd be :censored:ed before I'd pay into a live arena to watch something on a screen

I've never been to a live fight, I fully get the atmosphere but surely you could hardly see what's going on at stadium distance? Ie how well people are landing, breathing. I'd be :censored:ed before I'd pay into a live arena to watch something on a screen

I watched Khan v Barrera at the MEN in mid priced seats and that was pointless.

Like promoter Eddie Hearn said, those who buy the £30 top tier tickets still have an unrestricted view of the ring, unrestricted view of big screens and the full atmosphere of being at one of the biggest British boxing fights in the last 20 years. £30 really ain't bad for that.

Some weekend if you could tie it in with the England game.

I've only been once to a title fight. Haye vs Ruiz at the arena. Great atmosphere once the main event started, but not close enough to see all of the action. We were half way up in the corner, lower tier. Seats were 65 quid (ish).

Quite why people would go to wembley to watch the fight (barring those pretty close) is beyond me. Sport wide there is not much that I'd rather watch on TV - unless I was pretty much ringside, boxing is one.

Edited by pukka

I really enjoy live boxing. I go to quite a lot. Never really had much of a bad view except Hatton - Lazcano at the COM. Wlad - Haye I was quite a distance from the ring but the view was still really good.

A lot of the undercard doesn't get shown on the TV and they are often the best fights.

I like watching boxing on the TV but you tend to only see the fighters the promoters are wanting to build up and instead of showing the boxing there will be a twenty minute feature on the main event and then an hours discussion (despite all this having already been shown/said through the week on the build up shows).

Haye - Ruiz lacked screens for replays of knockdowns. The noise when Lenox Lewis stepped into the ring that night was immense.

I'm torn on the Groves Froch fight as to who I think will win. Froch is a class act who underestimated his opponent massively in the first fight and won't make that mistake again. Groves is an up and comer with a sense of injustice as well as more belief that he can work at that level, should result in a decent tear up.

I think personally groves as got him. Froch is saying to the media he's not getting under his skin but already he has got under the skin as froch his putting his hands on him. I've seen groves fight on the haye Ruiz bill and he's vastly improved since then. I believe groves will win via tko as froch will not be able to take them right hands like last time.

Yeah I got some.

Need to sort some for the Quigg card too now.

Can't see it being as good as the first but just good to say I was there.

Murray v Crolla will be a belter on that Quigg card.

Can't see anything but Murray winning, probably by KO.

I'd go, if I wasn't potless.

Murray v Crolla will be a belter on that Quigg card.

Can't see anything but Murray winning, probably by KO.

I'd go, if I wasn't potless.

Yeah should be a belter. Really want Crolla to win though. Lovely bloke, treated us like superstars when we met him in LA.

Murray looked pretty hungry since he came back. Gallagher will know the key to beating Murray, just needs to avoid the fire for the first few rounds.

Going to be interested to see what shape Bellew is in this weekend after a big step up. Always looked too skinny to be a light heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot more money in a world title fight with Froch or Groves for Degale than anyone else.

As, lets be honest. Who actually cares about Degale anymore. Not a ticket seller. Not an exciting boxer. Not a likeable character. Too stupid to play the villain, not clever enough to play ther hero. Even if he had the WBC belt he wouldn't get big money fights.

Would like to see Degale and Ward though. Despite how boring it would be on paper.

James DeGale drops his WBC world title route to fight Brandon Gonzales in IBF eliminator to fight the winner of Froch v Groves II.http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/20/5531162/james-degale-vs-brandon-gonzales-ordered-as-ibf-eliminator-at-168

:censored: just got even more interesting.

What happens if there is more controversy in the Froch/Groves rematch?

What happens if there is more controversy in the Froch/Groves rematch?

I'm not 100% sure on the IBF rules regarding mandatory defences. But with George Groves technically a mandatory defence for Froch (as they ordered the rematch) I think the winner wouldn't be obliged to fight DeGale (should he beat Gonzales) for around another 10 months or so after the Froch v Groves fight. Meaning the winner could take a voluntary defence in the mean time before having to face DeGale, so if there's controversy in the rematch then there's enough time for Froch v Groves to fight a 3rd time, as a voluntary defence for whoever wins the 2nd fight.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I'm not 100% sure on the IBF rules regarding mandatory defences. But with George Groves technically a mandatory defence for Froch (as they ordered the rematch) I think the winner wouldn't be obliged to fight DeGale (should he beat Gonzales) for around another 10 months or so after the Froch v Groves fight. Meaning the winner could take a voluntary defence in the mean time before having to face DeGale, so if there's controversy in the rematch then there's enough time for Froch v Groves to fight a 3rd time, as a voluntary defence for whoever wins the 2nd fight.

Cheers

A lot more money in a world title fight with Froch or Groves for Degale than anyone else.

As, lets be honest. Who actually cares about Degale anymore. Not a ticket seller. Not an exciting boxer. Not a likeable character. Too stupid to play the villain, not clever enough to play ther hero. Even if he had the WBC belt he wouldn't get big money fights.

Would like to see Degale and Ward though. Despite how boring it would be on paper.

Tbf DeGale with his antics drew a huge audience for his fight with Groves, which headlined a PPV. So people know who he is and will soon remember when he starts acting the cock again during the build up with a fight with the potential winner.

Aside from the immediate fall out of his loss to Groves, he's just gone under the radar, deliberately hid out of the public eye rather than trying to force a rematch with bitter, outlandish remarks. He's gone about his career the right way and is due to resurface.

But even his interviews in the past couple of years have been pretty honest and he's come across as a decent guy. He even jokes about Froch v Groves overshadowing his career and he doesn't even near any sort of resentment towards it. He's looking forward to it too and said the rematch had to happen.

This interview is from a few weeks ago, and everything he says is pretty much spot on

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDUv8j4A-g (9:00 minute mark for Froch V Groves II questions)

Love the way he jokes "Froch v Groves II has been signed at Wembley, who cares about watching me fight on Channel 5 at Bristol sports centre."

Good to see he can have a laugh at his own expense.

I fully expect him to go into cock mode again, especially if he ends up fighting Groves.

But both Froch and Groves and irked me far more than DeGale has for quite some time.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I think you're being too nice on him ! DeGale got beat off an unfancied Groves and then toiled away against some average opponents. That's why he went off the radar. He's had to be more humble in front of the camera over the last year or two as he's on a PR rebuilding campaign, but it's not hard to find him videos and twitter :censored: of him being the same old nob end he is.