Tom Eaves

Harrison was the widely believed to be the heir apparent to Dalglish at Liverpool, only a succession of injuries, bad luck and plain stupidity from Wayne stopped it happening - source, Ronnie Moran, Roy Evans and Dalglish himself.

From what older Latics fans have told me, Harrison made Michael Owen look like Windass in the pace stakes and on :censored: mid-80s pitches too not the bowling greens they play on now!

I am not that old, but saw both his career goals and most of his first team football. Don't believe everything older Latics fans tell you!

Liverpool have probably had 20 heir apparents to Dalglish and a number of new Michale Owen's.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not that old, but saw both his career goals and most of his first team football. Don't believe everything older Latics fans tell you!

Liverpool have probably had 20 heir apparents to Dalglish and a number of new Michale Owen's.

I agree, I saw most of his football in a Latics shirt, he was a long way from ever being close to an heir to Dalglish.

I agree, I saw most of his football in a Latics shirt, he was a long way from ever being close to an heir to Dalglish.

Harrison was a quick and elusive striker - although a bit lightweight, had he remained injury free I think he would have had a good career.

Back on topic, does Mr Eaves think he's all that and more? Hopefully not. Sign your contract Tom, stop :censored: about and prove what you can do.

To be fair, we don't know what's been offered or what the delay is do we?

Might be a very justified delay on his, or even, Latics, part...

Maybe he hasn't got a pen?

or trying to find one so much that he forgot to attend the Player awards last night. I felt sorry for his sponsor as he deserved an explanation as well as the other "no shows" last night. :shock:

or trying to find one so much that he forgot to attend the Player awards last night. I felt sorry for his sponsor as he deserved an explanation as well as the other "no shows" last night. :shock:

According to one of the players, he text them saying he didnt realise he had to turn up.

According to one of the players, he text them saying he didnt realise he had to turn up.

Heard that too from the young lad we sponsor as he and his team mates and Lois were trying to get hold of him when they realisedd he was MIA.

Break down in communication between club/player?

I think I would be rathered miffed if I had shelled out £632.00 plus vat and he did not show. Sponsors were having pictures taken with their players too last night. I hope he is not the type of player who doesn't gives a damn and feels a little bit guilty that he contacts the sponsor pesonally - even only via a letter or even player/club arrange a meeting were the piccies can be taken again and the formal handover of the mounted player shirt can take place.

He was up for the young player of the year award too, could have been a little bit embarrasing if he had won it and he was not there.

Edited by underdog

All I can say is if he is messing about on new deal, due to the current market and the fact hes not scored a senior goal yet, he must have cahooners like bowling balls, either that or his agent is delusional! Good luck to him anyway, he might end up at Newcastle on more money, fester for a couple of years, play a couple of reserve games and find himself loaned out at Port Vale.

For his development he has a chance to cement 1st team football next season ply his trade and if hes good enough the clubs will come calling, but this lad is after the money and money talks! :disappointed:

Whatever club come in for him lets hope he dosn't end up like Danny P at Chelsea "as part of the home-grown players list" in the Champions league! :shock:

we dont know what he has been offered. Might be latics wanting to tie him down for 4 years and he thinks thats too long? Maybe just a year and he thinks we could give him two.

That’s it isn’t it? It’s all conjecture on our behalves as we aren’t party to the details. So; it’s a bit strong people jumping up & proclaiming that he’s a billy big balls and is after more money etc – when it might well be something completely unrelated that is holding the signing up – length on deal / basic wage / bonuses….who knows.

Hopefully; it all comes out soon enough – and either he signs up (fine by me) or he doesn’t and goes elsewhere – if it’s the latter; then I’d hope that we’d have some info fed to us in terms of the reasons why; and also we’d be let known of the compensation paid; instead of an ‘undisclosed fee’ deal again

Whatever club come in for him lets hope he dosn't end up like Danny P at Chelsea "as part of the home-grown players list" in the Champions league! :shock:

You don't really think going to Chelsea was a bad move for Danny Philliskirk, do you? Or does not establishing himself in the Chelsea first time by the age of 19 constitute failure? Even if he does end up moving onto another club,you'd imagine that training in a squad of that quality would have improved him as a player. As much as we'd all like to think that any player would love to play for us,I doubt he's wishing that he'd stayed here and cemented his place in our first team.

Sounds like Eaves' agent is turning the lads head.

How much compo do you think we would get if he signs elsewhere?

A fast buck for the lad but how many end up in a club's second reserves, shipped out on continuous loans and the dumped end of contract?

Get real lad! Show some loyalty and be rational. You've done well but will develop more being a bigger fish here than one of 20 or 30 in a similar situation at a larger club?

If I was a young player and had any hope of ending up anywhere else - I wouldnt sign for us.

Why on earth would you? Especially as a striker? He has sat there watching game after game of defensive tripe with the lone forward working his arse off for nowt, watching players get abused by the fans, in a delapidated ground, in a god-awful division, probably in another relegation scrap?

Cushy reserve number at a nice championship club? Errr, yes please.

Hope we get a few quid in compo - however I dont blame Eaves for a second.

Bristolatic said it to me yesterday... the biggest challenge in this close season is convincing anyone that we are a club worth playing for. Even our own out of contract players. Thanks Dave - get out of our club.

Well done the club management that will teach the same lesson as we taught Lee Hughes and O'Grady... can't muck about with us!

i reckon it's the fans fault he hasn't signed,we get blamed for everything else.