World Cup Thread

i've not read the rest of this thread but are you just saying this as a wind up??

if you see someone running into you you raise your arm a bit as a natural reaction which is what Kaka did.

try it.

He didn't just raise his arm though he extended his elbow... He meant it...

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't just raise his arm though he extended his elbow... He meant it...

Is this the elbow on the opposite side of his body that you can't see?

I ask again - he saw a player that just a few moments earlier he had been involved in a spat with running straight at him. what was he supposed to do?

So what you are saying is, deliberate elbow is only a yellow card offence?

No I said above its probably deserving of a straight ref if it was delibrate... If it was accidental it probably was just a yellow...

I am not supporting or condoning the disgusting behaviour of the Ivory Coast, that is rightly being highlighted.... But he extended an elbow backwards and that is what the ref would of seen... No doubt the players reaction mislead the ref but IT WAS 100% defo a elbow to the chest....

I hope zeros never officiates a game I play in.

Anyway, anybody else have a similar chuckle whilst watching the cracker that was Denmark against Cameroon?

As Rommedahl breezed past Makoun before scoring the commentator said "he went past Makoun like he wasn't there". Cue my girl, "My god, what did he say?! He went past the c<naughty word for a black person>?!" :laught30:

No I said above its probably deserving of a straight ref if it was delibrate... If it was accidental it probably was just a yellow...

I am not supporting or condoning the disgusting behaviour of the Ivory Coast, that is rightly being highlighted.... But he extended an elbow backwards and that is what the ref would of seen... No doubt the players reaction mislead the ref but IT WAS 100% defo a elbow to the chest....

WUM

Well, South Africa really should have found enough to go through there. They showed their level in failing to convert 4 or 5 good chances to give them the goals they needed, making them the first host nation to ever fail to progress past the first round. That said they put in two commendable performances against significantly better opposition.

France were hilarious and should England complete their embarrassment and fall short tomorrow at least we can know we were not as bad as the French. Just.

glad to see france fail, but last week when they lost, england didnt do so well the day after so ill wait until after the game tomorrow.

has anyone else noticed, after kaita wasnt looking where he was going and walked into kaka who did nothing wrong, that more players are going down and holding their face? saw one in the greece-argentina game and one for france. the refereeing has been average at this world cup but other times youd expect better at BP.

oh, and when england need all the help we can get tomorrow... the referee's german...

I'm sat watching Messi run passed the Greeks screaming for them to hack him down... three of them try and he jumps over like they're not even a concern to him.

He's the one for me. When you look to the 'star' players who have the potential to win this on their own he's the one who's going to do it.

I'm sat watching Messi run passed the Greeks screaming for them to hack him down... three of them try and he jumps over like they're not even a concern to him.

He's the one for me. When you look to the 'star' players who have the potential to win this on their own he's the one who's going to do it.

Messi must have had 10 good chances in this World Cup, but the damn thing will not go in for him. I have got him in my dream team...he could have won the thing for me on his own already!

I'm always delighted to see the French suffer, but there's no way that's a red card!!

The officiating in this tournament has been pitiful.

I think some of it has but other games have been brilliantly controlled... Some of the offside calls have been pretty good....