• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome - Another :censored: cloud thrown over the club !

Just when a feel good factor starts to drift back down Furtherwood road our great British journalists enjoy another article taken the lazy way to writye how 2 +2 = 3.14159265

Havent seen any solid evidence over what the alleged incident was about. If anything it will show Hughes and Notts county in a badlight?

Havent seen any solid evidence over what the alleged incident was about. If anything it will show Hughes and Notts county in a badlight?

It will be another example of how stories hit the press after comments from a fans message boards get turned into article i.e 2 +2 = 3.14159265.....

New Items Pinned to the Wall at Boundary Park

Saturday at Boundary Park was a joyful place. A great team performance, from a young hungry team showed The Latics will not be anyones wipping boys this season. It wasnt until the game finished that the biggest shocks occurred. Lee Hughes 34 had a quiet game, it wasnt till the final whistle he let years of frustration boil over to a point at which he had a close encounter with a senior Oldham Athletic official.

blah blah .... nothing comfirmed but the story will have already been written without any facts meaning the club will take the embarrassment

Do you mean people should stop saying libellous stuff, or stop accusing others of libel? Because that last one is pretty clearly libellous unless it can be backed up.

I view posting on here similar to having a chat down the pub... anyone who thinks stuff is libelous is taking this place FAR to serious...

Awesome - Another :censored: cloud thrown over the club !

Just when a feel good factor starts to drift back down Furtherwood road our great British journalists enjoy another article taken the lazy way to write how 2 +2 = 3.14159265

You haven't even seen the article yet...

It will be another example of how stories hit the press after comments from a fans message boards get turned into article i.e 2 +2 = 3.14159265.....

New Items Pinned to the Wall at Boundary Park

Saturday at Boundary Park was a joyful place. A great team performance, from a young hungry team showed The Latics will not be anyones wipping boys this season. It wasnt until the game finished that the biggest shocks occurred. Lee Hughes 34 had a quiet game, it wasnt till the final whistle he let years of frustration boil over to a point at which he had a close encounter with a senior Oldham Athletic official.

blah blah .... nothing comfirmed but the story will have already been written without any facts meaning the club will take the embarrassment

You have many a talent Richie but like me being a journalist is not one. If I read that in the paper I'd say lazy lol. OAFC will continue regardless of what Mike prints in the MEN or any other paper. Who will come out smelling better Lee Hughes or OAFC? It's a no brainer.

Hughes will be a bit naffed off he was shipped out to stop paying him the bonus but arguing with Joe even dafter.....and even more so at losing first two games to nil... and BOTTOM of table.

He was given a generous lifeline by latics thats served him well, his antics round Saddleworth pubs hardly showed him in a good light considering all thats gone before, and before someone defends him he arrived as an ex con with a reputation within weeks he was known in the pubs as a prat, work in community?????? did it happen??? hardly low profile, the dogs incident still not reported fully, the fact he thinks its fun says a lot about the World he lives in. For me an ex tic who did ok for us but glad hes gone and sad he hadnt the wit to show a bit of class and just leave quietly. The fact hes upset about the £6000 tells a tale of a failed player who cant do much right having had the trimmings of luxury.

He's a yob and like others before him a bit of silly boy. Ambition to return to roofing...... He's like Luke Beckett was after he left us at end of a career but Luke a really decent family lad who always put his family first. Hughes deserves to be skint. Future for him who cares?

and re Hardy had many exchanges on email and conversations and to be fair always polite quick to reply within a day usually and cares about latics more than is good for him. He might eat young children but he's not as bad as some try to say. He responded re a question about Eaves in a fair and balanced way.

There's another widely known incident too... :wink: that should have seen him sacked on the spot

I view posting on here similar to having a chat down the pub... anyone who thinks stuff is libelous is taking this place FAR to serious...

Unfortunately, legal precedent says differently.

Both posters and board owners have been successfully sued for libel in the past and boards have been taken offline either permanently or until the offending material has been removed.