Eardley

I see Neil Eardley came on as a sub for Blackpool yesterday, which means that whatever anyone thinks of him, he is now officially a Premier League player.

This got me thinking though. Who was the last player who played for us who came through our Youth set up and went on to play in the top flight? I mean someone who actually played in the first team, so that discounts Micah Richards, who was only here briefly and left when he was about 14 anyway.

I'm sure there's someone obvious that has slipped my mind but the last one I can think of is Carl Serrant, which is a bloody long time ago really, Can anyone think of anyone else?

I see Neil Eardley came on as a sub for Blackpool yesterday, which means that whatever anyone thinks of him, he is now officially a Premier League player.

This got me thinking though. Who was the last player who played for us who came through our Youth set up and went on to play in the top flight? I mean someone who actually played in the first team, so that discounts Micah Richards, who was only here briefly and left when he was about 14 anyway.

I'm sure there's someone obvious that has slipped my mind but the last one I can think of is Carl Serrant, which is a bloody long time ago really, Can anyone think of anyone else?

he also set up luke varneys goal and was quite heavily involved in the build up. also dont no if this has been mantioned but how gud is blackpools 'temp' stand

he also set up luke varneys goal and was quite heavily involved in the build up. also dont no if this has been mantioned but how gud is blackpools 'temp' stand

A mate went to a reserve fixture last week to test out the new east stand. He said it was ok, firm, good sight lines even though there are slendar pillars holding the roof. Apparently some PNE fans have already scrawled some rude messages on the outside panels!

i was thinking that, not bad for a summers work. does that mean we are now the only league side with three sides?

Saw Eardley play for Blackpool against MK Dons on Tuesday. Had a crap game, gave the ball away which led to the Dons scoring and got skinned by Lewis Guy god knows how many times. All in all, can't say I was too impressed :P I wanted Blackpool to win because he was playing as well!

Yeah it's just daft when people fixate on ex-players who've moved on to other clubs.

Nice signature by the way. :wink:

Quite sad really that a decent post again has the point lost...just to refresh your memories anyway...

"This got me thinking though. Who was the last player who played for us who came through our Youth set up and went on to play in the top flight?"

Anyone?

Quite sad really that a decent post again has the point lost...just to refresh your memories anyway...

"This got me thinking though. Who was the last player who played for us who came through our Youth set up and went on to play in the top flight?"

Anyone?

John ryan or paul atkinson? :dntknw:

Anyone?

I can't think of anyone since Serrant. In spite of what his knockers made of him, Eardley was always destined to play at the top level.

Not good enough for Latics but good enough for the Premiership.

We've had people who we've bought whilst still in development and made then better who have then gone on to play in the top flight (like Fitz Hall). But its the way it is these days, look at the Premiership bar those who are now on the verge of retirement or at least into their 30s very few make it through the same team's youth ranks and then play in that team's first team.

Its nice to have players come through your youth ranks and then make the grade at a very good level but what about the ones that got away, for example name the two ex Oldham players who played in this years world cup, if we had signed the second one we'd have probably made some money on him (without having to have paid the development costs).

Incidentally I think it is Carl Serrant, but then again the followers of the youth team may know of others who we lost in a Micah Richards stylee.

Edited by rudemedic

We've had people who we've bought whilst still in development and made then better who have then gone on to play in the top flight (like Fitz Hall). But its the way it is these days, look at the Premiership bar those who are now on the verge of retirement or at least into their 30s very few make it through the same team's youth ranks and then play in that team's first team.

Its nice to have players come through your youth ranks and then make the grade at a very good level but what about the ones that got away, for example name the two ex Oldham players who played in this years world cup, if we had signed the second one we'd have probably made some money on him (without having to have paid the development costs).

Incidentally I think it is Carl Serrant, but then again the followers of the youth team may know of others who we lost in a Micah Richards stylee.

Didnt Andy Hughes play for Norwich in the top flight