Interesting discussion in another forum

How much of a fan would you consider yourself?

On a scale of 1 - 10, and 10 being a blind faith fan - I'm about a zero.

Do you think there are certain things a Latics fan should never do?

Yes.

How do you react after a defeat?

When I get around to reading the Sunday papers - around Monday afternoon, I'd say I'm pretty much unperturbed.

Whats the most important thing about the match day experience the result or the day in general?

It's always been the day.

If you were given £1,000,000 would you go and support your main rivals?

I'd support the doggy arse-licking for that. Go Lee!

Do you have a Latics tattoo?

I'm not into that sort of thing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to every home game, league and cup, and the occasional away day - Stockport or Tranmere usually. If I didn't have to work weekends and wasn't perpetually a skint student-type I'd go to every game! I was one of the few fans at the Clyde United friendly, for example.. :blink:

Wear a Citeh shirt in the Chaddy :ranting:

I always try to take a positive from it, though having never seen Latics play in a League other than the one we're in now it isn't too much of a problem for me!

Whats the most important thing about the matchday experience the result or the day in general?

The whole experience of it is important to me, the train up to Rochdale then the drive to the Rifle Range, few scoops in there and then the walk up to the Chaddy End, hearing Mouldy Old Dough as I walk up the stairs with the horrible pie in my hands.. :blush:

My least favourite club is Citeh, would I swap £1million to have to watch them week-in, week-out? Tough one. I could always sit in the away end at the Council House.

I do have a stupid tattoo but I'm not daft enough to get 'Keep The Faith' written on my skin :lol:

Edited by seasidelatic

Not as big as I used to

Lots of things probably

Depends if we doing well. If we are doing :censored: I am not that bothered.

Whats the most important thing about the matchday experience the result or the day in general?

Experience in general to be honest, of course its all the sweeter with a win!

Yes

No it would be hideous.

Some very square responses on here. 'Ooh, no horrid fighting and certainly not any ghaaastly tattoos!' You all librarians or something?

Extremely passionate but unfortunately living outside of Oldham and having various commitments I don't have a season ticket. Probably attend half of home games and a quarter of away games.

Wear the shirt of any other NW club. Not got a problem with hooliganism so long as it is away from the public and all participants are consenting. Personally I see the appeal in putting on your best clobber, meeting up with your mates, heading to some other town/city, getting pissed up and getting into a scrap with some rival lads. Frightening women, children and scarfers is for * though. Please note I have started that sentence: 'I see the appeal..', not 'I like to...'

No matter how we play I'm devestated after a defeat.

The result massively influences the day but for me being part of a boisterous crowd having hammered the pub is just the best experience.

I don't really understand this question. Give me all the money in the world; I'm an Oldham fan, that will never change.

Yes. OAFC across my upper back in Olde English lettering with 1895 above it. Considering another.

Woof.

Lapsed to the point of almost total dis-interest. Hated every minute of being present at BP since the Lookers went and as such haven't attended since January when I walked at half time. I was at Exeter but cant really remember it, my friend beer, had taken over my mind.

Like C**y in any way, shape or form. Same goes for L***s.

Err, like I am bothered. Not been bothered for years, it's not like we shouldn't be used to it.

Beers and a laugh. Everything else including the match, is a sideshow.

Do we have rivals??? I'm not too sure.

There isn't enough money on the planet that would make me feel anything but utter contempt and hatred for those blue * from down the road though.

Luckily, considering my present state of mind about OAFC, no.

Blue blood in my veins, but In recent times not the most frequent visitor to BP due to financial restrictions.

Yes, believe anybody in a suit.

Always gutted, but the Mrs is used to it now.

The result easily, because its a total waste of £40 if we get beat. (petrol and admission)

I'd take the money and lie about liking a Rival.

Yes. The Latics badge on my arm, it was done in 1993 when i was 16. Believe it or not its still the only one ever done in Fleetwood

A frustrated one. I'd love to never miss a game but circumstances decree that I'll get to practically every game south of Birmingham and about 4 trips to BP

Bring the club & supporters into disrepute. Automatically slag off everything the club / owners / directors et al are doing just to attract attention to themselves (the slaggers, not the OAFC bods).

If it's a good, honest performance, then I can take it but disappointed. If it's a meek and mild surrender (last season anyone?) I'm bloody angry and take a few days to get over it.

At home, the whole day because I can't get to that many, but the meek & mild surrender ruins it. Come to think of it, it's the same for away games too. But a good result is the icing on the cake. A win is what we go to the game for in the first place.

Never. I've been a Latic for 60 years and that ain't gonna change any time soon. If Latics weren't playing, I'd only go and watch Mangotsfield United because it's a 5 minute walk away. No interest in supporting anyone else.

No.

Edited by Bristolatic

Season ticket holder at heart but not the cash for one this season.

Ever want United to win!

Depends on the manner of defeat.

Not sure

I would do anything for a mil

Yes 2. O.A.F.C on bottom of back and a :censored: pissed up thai one on my foot. Oops

On a scale of 0-10 I'm about a 5

Murder, Rape, Paedophilia, Fraud, etc. Want United to win something domestically. Depends on my mood for some other stuff

Depends, on how well we played, how well they played, when the goals went in etc. But I never get too disheartened its football

A good trip can make up for a mediocre result, a good win can make up for a bad day but not anything worse in either category

I take it by support you mean buy the tat, go watch them as much as I was Latics now and want them to win. No, as it wouldn't mean I could retire, it would take £5million for me to do that minimum. If you just mean go watch them but actually want them to loose Yes I'd do that for a lot less

NO

Bigger than some but nowhere near as big as some others, get to the match if I can and there's nothing better on offer.

Racist abuse. Even to Pawel Abbott.

General ambivolence. On the flip side, the buzz I have for the rest of the weekend if we've won though is great.

Home: result, away: the day out and trying to stay awake and avoid serious injury until I get home.

Daft question, yes I would follow them but don't think could actually make myself genuinely support them.

Hell no. Tattoos is stoopid.

Edited by jsslatic

A good fan that goes to every home game (apart from when on holiday) and has stayed till the end everytime apart from once: 7-1 ring a bell?

Also goes to 4-5 away games a year depending on when they are!

Lots of things i guess.

Last season, Boo and sing Penney out. Any other time, just take it and get on with battling against moaners on here.

Result @ Home, Both Away

Yes, who is that then? Rochdale, United or City?

Not old enough! :)

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

I've had a season ticket for many many years and get to about 8/10 localish away games a season.

Yeah, lots of things.

General disappointment, but I don't let it spoil my weekend.

The result mainly, its good to play entertaining football but less important than the result.

No.

Hell no.

Season ticket holder.

Bitch and whine about other latics fans, as we are so few in number.

Used to ruin my whole weekend and didn't recover until Weds/Thurs. Not as bothered these days.

Effort. Not getting beat.

Its like one of those questions about being buggered but getting a million quid. There are a lot of T&Cs to query, but in answer to the latics question (not the buggering one), yes.

No. But have and frequently use cap, shirt, car mini-scarf and every other bit of sh1tty merchandise possible.

1, Im not a massive fan, i share a season ticket cos i cant make every game due to work but go to as many as possible and get to quiet a few away games as well.

2, Want utd to win

3, It all depends on the game. If we played well or not, if we lost cos of ref blunder. Usually dissapointed until the booze starts taking over then i forget about it till the morning.

4, Its got to be the result but it i think at away games you always want it to be a good day out.

5, I would support Al-Qaeda for £1,000,000

6, no

How much of a fan would you consider yourself? Massive

Do you think there are certain things a Latics fan should never do? Definitely not have either Manure or Citeh as 'my second team'

How do you react after a defeat? Used to the feeling - only occasionally do I feel hacked off when we simply don't perform.

Whats the most important thing about the matchday experience the result or the day in general? The result

If you were given £1,000,000 would you go and support your main rivals? Yes - I see Reading as our main rivals who just happen to be my local team...

Do you have a Latics tattoo? Nope and never would

Edited by TheBigDog

How much of a fan would you consider yourself? About 12.5 stone's worth.

(Okay, 13. Sod off.)

Do you think there are certain things a Latics fan should never do? Of course.

How do you react after a defeat? "Hurrah - I can have another beer."

Whats the most important thing about the matchday experience the result or the day in general? Booze.

If you were given £1,000,000 would you go and support your main rivals? I'd support absolutely anyone for £1m.

Do you have a Latics tattoo? No. Maybe one day.

a decent fan, don't get to every game but i go to enough

not really, but wear your hats properly!

depends if we tried or not, but i'm generally optimistic

a good game. winning is always good but as long as ive seen a good game, im not too unhappy

definately, no question

yeah, got terrell forbes in huge letters on my arm