This thread reminds me of how fickle some of our fans really are. Any excuse to find a scapegoat.

It's a team game and all eleven on the pitch conceded three soft goals - get over it.

Ah, so it's Jones is it this season - i dont think i got the memo. Fickle balloons some of our lot.

Bloke sat near me was blaming Taylor for everything all game........then when Jones came on & Taylor went off, he switched to him.

Sad.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so it's Jones is it this season - i dont think i got the memo. Fickle balloons some of our lot.

Bloke sat near me was blaming Taylor for everything all game........then when Jones came on & Taylor went off, he switched to him.

Sad.

Yep, it's looking like Jones. He could turn into Gazza and he'd struggle to win OWTB over from here!

What are Super Mario and Princess Peach making of Tonk these days?

Yep, it's looking like Jones. He could turn into Gazza and he'd struggle to win OWTB over from here!

he's still black!! :wink:

I really need to pay more attention to my junk emails....i seem to miss the circulars that should let me know who i should be booing & slating.....

Just to confirm.....it's Jones this season right?? FFS :ranting:

Ive got an idea,,

Dont play Jones for the rest of he season and we will win every game wont we.

If Jones cannot play as a winger then why do managers play him there.

He is a central mid field player playing out of position.

If there is no room for him in the team move him out on either on loan or transfered.

Problem is once Jones is gone we will have to find another scape goat.......

I still do not understand why Winchester is getting any blame as the penalty was missed, and he was not a fault for any goals.

Edited by terry tibbs

personally i blame 'Razza'. he came and sat with me at half time. all went downhill after that....

Ah i see.......razza out!

:ranting:

as I have said on here before Im not Jones biggest fan this season however I think he is massively out of form and being played in the wrong position but I still don't think he is a bad footballer , I remember whenever we used to play hartlepool it was always Jones and Humphreys who would run the game for them and they looked smart.

I think a lot of last night was fitness we looked absolutely goosed in the second half

Edited by razza699

There is no way we can blame Jones for their 3 goals and there is no way we can say he's been poor all season. What we can say is that on Saturday he appeared to be our weakest player and tonight did Jack when he came on. Now if you said Feeney has been poor all season................... fair comment.

If Feeney hadn't have been sat on that bench then we have won 5-0 :wink:

My sentiments exactly. I agree 100%. Both are a waste of time. Jones was never interested in helping out his full back, won't put a foot in and won't close down. And Feeney? FFS! Perhaps we can play in green shirts? He might actually looks like he gives a :censored: then!

Ageed.

I think the game really changed for the worse with the introduction of Jones and Feeney, both massively inferior to the players they replaced.

Jones just kept losing vital possession of the ball at every opportunity allowing wave after wave of Exeter attacks, and Feeney is just a shockingly bad player, the Evostick League beckons for him and he'll still be away half the time on international duty, you couldn't make it up.

The result really does feel like a loss.

Ageed.

I think the game really changed for the worse with the introduction of Jones and Feeney, both massively inferior to the players they replaced.

Jones just kept losing vital possession of the ball at every opportunity allowing wave after wave of Exeter attacks, and Feeney is just a shockingly bad player, the Evostick League beckons for him and he'll still be away half the time on international duty, you couldn't make it up.

The result really does feel like a loss.

Agree he looks amatuerish but it baffles me how he has scored goals in the past , wonder if he has been the luckiest player in the world and they have all been flukes ?

i dont understand why all this jones bashing,its not so long ago people were saying jones and lee had formed a good partnership and had the right side sewn up and jones has become the new boo boy..why do we always do this to players

jones was part of a winning side on saturday then gets dumped on the bench,fair enough as furman is doing well but stephens isnt it wouldnt do him any harm to be benched for a few games might buck him up and give jones a chance in cm to prove what he can do

i dont understand why all this jones bashing,its not so long ago people were saying jones and lee had formed a good partnership and had the right side sewn up and jones has become the new boo boy..why do we always do this to players

jones was part of a winning side on saturday then gets dumped on the bench,fair enough as furman is doing well but stephens isnt it wouldnt do him any harm to be benched for a few games might buck him up and give jones a chance in cm to prove what he can do

I think it was the sheer lack of effort and following instructions that has wound up many on here, that on top of a big dissapointment when emotions were running high.

:ranting:

as I have said on here before Im not Jones biggest fan this season however I think he is massively out of form and being played in the wrong position but I still don't think he is a bad footballer , I remember whenever we used to play hartlepool it was always Jones and Humphreys who would run the game for them and they looked smart.

I think a lot of last night was fitness we looked absolutely goosed in the second half

I thought we were supposed to be the fittest team in the league ?

According to the Chron there is a bug in the camp.

"Meanwhile, a virus is doing the rounds in the Athletic squad.

“Some of the lads have been suffering from illness, which has led to a bit of fatigue,” said Hardy.

“It seems to be a virus which has spread over the last few days.”

Chron link

i dont think jones or feeney are bad players, but for whatever reason, they arent playing well at the moment. give both of them a run in the team and then it would be fair to say how good/bad they are.

problem is, we have a big squad and players that can come in and replace them, so if someone has a bad game, they'd get dropped. so they have to keep playing well.

Agree he looks amatuerish but it baffles me how he has scored goals in the past , wonder if he has been the luckiest player in the world and they have all been flukes ?

Apparently in Ireland they are wondering what we have done to feeney as he seems to have gained weight?...now who ate all the pies? :wink:

Edited by underdog

I was wondering whether this season's random scapegoat had been established. Jones it is then. :wink:

And this years "get on their back because they are a good young player and can be inconsistent and I only focus on the negatives ignoring anything positive they bring to the team" aka The Neil Eardley Award goes to Stephens.

Just flicked through this thread and what a load of b*llocks, Jones has been played out of position all season and has ended up being dropped altogether, his confidence must be rock bottom. I say give him a couple of games in the middle and leave Stephens on the bench. I don't think he's a bad player and he must want to be here because didn't the club say there were championship clubs sniffing around him before we signed him?

Jones has been played out of position

Has he?

Where did Hartlepool play him?

Just because he thinks he should be in the middle doesn't mean it's his best position.

Beckham thought he would be more inflential in the centre of midfield. I don't think there's much doubt that he was more use on the right.

There. I've compared Jones to Beckham!

Just flicked through this thread and what a load of b*llocks, Jones has been played out of position all season and has ended up being dropped altogether, his confidence must be rock bottom. I say give him a couple of games in the middle and leave Stephens on the bench. I don't think he's a bad player and he must want to be here because didn't the club say there were championship clubs sniffing around him before we signed him?

Can't for the life of me think which Championship clubs would be interested in him. :shock: