Phillipe Morais

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think many would play for that....not when i earn almost double that a week...just not heard of unless your a first year trainee or something...we were told greegs was one of our highest earner last season on about 3k a week...

i would imagine somewhere in the region of 600 a week is more likely...

Greegs was half that last year.

He was on 2500, but last season he re-signed for 1500

It's certainly exceptionally low compared to what's gone before.

But then again, based on posts read on owtb (relaible or otherwise) Chris Taylor wasn't a higher rate taxpayer prior to signing his last contract. So £500-£600 a week isn't beyond the realms of possibility as being the going rate to play for Latics at the moment.

Way below the mark there chief. We'd be in profit if that was the norm.

I like this lad and would like to see him sign a permanent deal, I think its harsh to say that he has no end product as he has had a hand in several goals recently (including Taylors on Saturday).

He has very quick feet and really baffles defenders, if we can improve his decision making abit further he could be a real asset.

The averarge wage for a L1 players is about £1300 per week as per a 2006 report. For someone who was very much past his best, I'd expect him to be more on more like the £600 pw.

Latics have a massive squad, far beyond whats required, and this will have to be vastly reduced for next season.

Indeed. By my count we have 38 players (including the youth players who've been selected in first team squads so far this season).

That said, 19 players are out of contract by the end of the season, and 6 more are on loan. It's a good opportunity for a clear-out; we'll have 8 players under contract, plus the youth players, which should give Dickov some room to move.

From what I've seen of him he's a bit of a show pony and might not be up to it when the going is tough.

That said he gets the opposition guessing and is very entertaining which might fold down a few more seats.

Definitely a skilled player - but I still think he could contribute so much more - I would play him up front off Tounkara - and ask him to get into the box as often as possible - he would make a lot more happen that way <_<