Penney rejoins dole queue

Rovers chairman Nick Higgs added: "We had an amazing response when we announced we were looking for a new manager and Dave quickly emerged as the top candidate.

"We believe we have a nucleus of good players, but the aim is to sign two or three new faces before the end of the transfer window."

What a :censored: up

3 1/2 years with a get out clause if it went tits up………………it went tits up! Sacked twice in the space of 10 months, pretty awesome achivement….time to dig out yer trowel and yer string line Penney.

hahahaha.made my day that has.....there doomed,any chance we could get that hoskins chap..scored 15 goals in a relegation team.....

3 1/2 years with a get out clause if it went tits up………………it went tits up! Sacked twice in the space of 10 months, pretty awesome achivement….time to dig out yer trowel and yer string line Penney.

Cant help thinking this didnt exactly help his cause:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6798876,00.html

basically; his media / PR skills strike again........"never mind lads, never mind fans - i know there plenty of games left but; basically we're down, chin up though."

2 sackings in under 10 months........not a great boost to ones CV is it?

WTF

didnt they give him a longish contract?

Im no Penney fan but come on how can anyone turn things around that quickly , very harsh IMO!

5 years I think

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

he's probably cost them a lot of compensation and probably relegation bad news for them

Cant help thinking this didnt exactly help his cause:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6798876,00.html

2 sackings in under 10 months........not a great boost to ones CV is it?

Very true but there are always more gullible chairman out there who will be fooled by his 'talk a good game' abilities at interviews. I wonder how much longer he can live off his past Donny achievements. See Rovers have put their captain Stuart Campbell in charge. Hope they stay up now and show the world just how crap Dour Dave was and is at his job. Think he should go back to bricklaying!

I'm no Penney fan but under normal circumstances 13 games is not nearly enough time, perhaps they could see the negatives coming from the dressing room!!

You have to say his record was pretty poor and he will surely struggle to get another job in the league...back to the conference perhaps.

Just for the record...P13 W2 D2 L9 F12 A30 P8 8 points from a possible 39!!!

Makes Joe Royle's glowing reference a little silly don't you think?

I'm no Penney fan but under normal circumstances 13 games is not nearly enough time, perhaps they could see the negatives coming from the dressing room!!

You have to say his record was pretty poor and he will surely struggle to get another job in the league...back to the conference perhaps.

Just for the record...P13 W2 D2 L9 F12 A30 P8 8 points from a possible 39!!!

Makes Joe Royle's glowing reference a little silly don't you think?

Considering Royle also apparently give a glowing reference to Graeme Sharp too...

Talking of :censored: managers what's Brian Talbot upto these days?

Oldham Athletic 1, Manchester City 0.

It did go tits up for him too, but he didn't do anything near a bad a job as Penney did.

Oldham Athletic 1, Manchester City 0.

It did go tits up for him too, but he didn't do anything near a bad a job as Penney did.

Yeah remember that game pre-match Talbot said we didn't stand a chance,didn't do a bad job he nearly took us down