Amos goes back - Merge-o matic active

So you’re thinking it’s us – as in ‘play-off chances are well & truly over; so lets free up some funds & send Amos back’.

So by that token; Trotman & White should back to Preston & Leeds soon then no?

well we are never in a millon years getting in the play offs not good enough so yeah thats what he is saying.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still a defeat.

11 v 11 Lee, you can't simply say "Oh Brill's playing, we're gonna get dicked!" I mean how many times did we get dicked with Super Duper Amos in goal?

We lost 5 games in 20 with Brill in goal all season and conceded 15 (27) goals in those 5 - scoring??????????? 7 (30)

We suffered 7 defeats in 16 with Amos in goal and conceded 17 (25) goals in those 7 - scoring??????????????? NIL! (16)

11 v 11 Lee, you can't simply say "Oh Brill's playing, we're gonna get dicked!" I mean how many times did we get dicked with Super Duper Amos in goal?

We lost 5 games in 20 with Brill in goal all season and conceded 15 (27) goals in those 5 - scoring??????????? 7 (30)

We suffered 7 defeats in 16 with Amos in goal and conceded 17 (25) goals in those 7 - scoring??????????????? NIL! (16)

and again the whole team was flying at the start, so it was kind of different, and nil ? that dosnt have anything to do with a goalie haha

all i am saying is amos is a better keeper than brill.

still a defeat.

Don't be such a hater.

Brill is far from a bad keeper, he's kept 6 clean sheets compared to Amos' 4, granted Brill has played 4 more games. I think Amos is the better keeper but damn, the hate for Brill is crazy, it reminds me of the hate Eardley got. I don't think Brill is any more prone to making mistakes than Pogs was (and he dropped a few), I have no qualms about Dean going back between the sticks, hopefully he's grab this chance (to get a new contract) with both hands.

Don't be such a hater.

Brill is far from a bad keeper, he's kept 6 clean sheets compared to Amos' 4, granted Brill has played 4 more games. I think Amos is the better keeper but damn, the hate for Brill is crazy, it reminds me of the hate Eardley got. I don't think Brill is any more prone to making mistakes than Pogs was (and he dropped a few), I have no qualms about Dean going back between the sticks, hopefully he's grab this chance (to get a new contract) with both hands.

im not hating all im saying his amos is the better keeper and a loss to us. we will conceed the same ammount of goals. you could be peter cech and still concede loads if the defence is :censored: like ours.

Keeping clean sheets or conceeding goals is a lot more complex than just who the keeper is.

I think Amos is a far better keeper than Brill even if the stats don't fully support that.

I agree with him going back as we have nothing really to play for, if we can pick up just a few points to make sure we don't get dragged in right at the bottom.

I would also send Trotman and White back (if we can) and play our own players at this stage, save the wages.

I just don't think Brill is as bad as people make out, or Amos was as good as people seem to think

Amos made loads of mistakes that Brill would have been crucified for

There have been a few who sit near me advocating giving Brill another chance as he's got a very big point to prove. Whilst I can see their point I have to say I'm not so sure myself. But, seeing as he's gonna be in goal and wearing the shirt on Saturday, let's get behind him from the off. Let's leave the post mortem (should one be required) until after the game has finished!

Come On Oldham!

There have been a few who sit near me advocating giving Brill another chance as he's got a very big point to prove. Whilst I can see their point I have to say I'm not so sure myself. But, seeing as he's gonna be in goal and wearing the shirt on Saturday, let's get behind him from the off. Let's leave the post mortem (should one be required) until after the game has finished!

Come On Oldham!

like i said before we could have the worlds best keeper in net but that aint going to help you if you have a :censored: defence.

Why are people saying it may be to do with money, etc?

The article says he has been recalled by his club.

Articles have been "wrong" in the past.

"We're not speaking to the council", a council statement that indicates discussion were taking place etc

I think most commenting on here are worldly wise enough to not believe everything they read.

Might be true of course, but as he would be about 5th choice, why would he be recalled?

There's only 3 real reasons for a recall; loaneed out somewhere else, or they feel his cofidence is shot, or not learning enough. He's certainly learning enough, so a or b, or some other reason...

Edited by singe

Come On Oldham!

For me the big question is Brill motivated enough, or will he not really care?

Big questioon of him, he's got a chance to stake a claim for him to be number one and new contract rather than the 100's on the dole queue. Unless he has signed a pre nup somewhere else of course.

Edited by singe

and again the whole team was flying at the start, so it was kind of different, and nil ? that dosnt have anything to do with a goalie haha

all i am saying is amos is a better keeper than brill.

Amos is a better keeper, but perhaps we need a steady Eddie back there rather than a kid who is superb one week then has games like he had at Bournemouth and v Peterborough and Sheff Wed….I'll guarantee we pick more points up in the next ten than we have in the previous 10 (we've got to do or we're down…)

For me the big question is Brill motivated enough, or will he not really care?

Big questioon of him, he's got a chance to stake a claim for him to be number one and new contract rather than the 100's on the dole queue. Unless he has signed a pre nup somewhere else of course.

If you've seen Brill warming up with Amos you'll know the lad has been full of encouragement for young Ben, despite him taking his place. I think Brill will want to prove a point and be VERY pleased to have the shirt back...

Glad it's not just me who thinks Amos has been vastly overrated since his arrival here. His shot-stopping has been impressive at times, but his positioning has been questionable to say the least, and his kicking is as bad as anything I've seen between our sticks.

Brill is no hero in goal, but he's no worse than Ben Amos.

Brighton are Evens to beat us at weekend. Place your bets.

I recall a similar scenario when Brighton were on a romp towards the title and they came to BP at a similar time of year. 2-0 Latics victory with a thunderbolt free kick by Eyresey being the cherry on the cake. We mullered them.

I'm not saying I fancy we're going to turn them over, but I feel we're due a win and shouldn't just go expecting us to get beat.

No doubt in my mind that Amos is and will be a better 'keeper than Brill, he made mistakes and had some nightmare games but he's still young and learning and has shown all the physical and technical attributes to follow in the footsteps of Ben Foster and be a solid Prem 'keeper. Maybe with a bit of luck he'll make it at United.

But I'm not too disappointed with losing him, we're not going to make the playoffs therefore he's a luxury player. Even though I feel more comfortable with someone of Amos' ability in goal the bottom line is that we want the ball in our goal as little as possible and Brill's record of goals conceded isn't that bad. It certainly stands up to both Flahavan's and Amos' records so I'm happy enough with him between the sticks for the rest of the season.

One long term negative is that if Amos doesn't feel that he's developed well Fergie might think twice about loaning us future prospects, but then again have we actually got a long term future?

Distribution….

You need the good out field player to make a goal which we dont seem to have, well a finisher we dont.

Amos is a better keeper, but perhaps we need a steady Eddie back there rather than a kid who is superb one week then has games like he had at Bournemouth and v Peterborough and Sheff Wed….I'll guarantee we pick more points up in the next ten than we have in the previous 10 (we've got to do or we're down…)

maybe not maybe we do, but because there is a little bit of pressure, maybe the lads hit abit of form

Glad it's not just me who thinks Amos has been vastly overrated since his arrival here. His shot-stopping has been impressive at times, but his positioning has been questionable to say the least, and his kicking is as bad as anything I've seen between our sticks.

Brill is no hero in goal, but he's no worse than Ben Amos.

brill is worse than amos though. brills kicking is just as bad,

Brighton are workmanlike and simply do not have the firepower.

Not sure about that. Murray and Barnes have 30 between them alone, and Chris Wood has 6 in a handful of appearances.

They've got some decent creative players as well. Bennett, Dicker, Noone...

Not sure about that. Murray and Barnes have 30 between them alone, and Chris Wood has 6 in a handful of appearances.

They've got some decent creative players as well. Bennett, Dicker, Noone...

Yeah, I thought that about Brighton not having much firepower away from home. Didn't they turn over Charlton and Peterborough on their own gaffs by hefty scorelines earlier this season?

This will be a game where Brill, chomping at the bit comes back in and plays a blinder. We pluckily soak up tons of pressure before Tonk redescovers his mojo and our wingers Morais and Taylor blitz them on the counter attack.

See, it looks better written down like that, doesn't it?

Why are people saying it may be to do with money, etc?

The article says he has been recalled by his club.

The only way to end the loan of a goalkeeper is for the club who hold his registration to recall him.

Corney says to Dickov "We're skint Paul. Ring Fergie and see if he'll take that keeper back".

Dickov calls Fergie "Oi, Rednose, do us a favour and recall Amos, we can't afford our £3.50 contribution to his wage".

I could be wrong. It could be to free up a wage to bring in somebody like Ormerod on loan.

I but I think it's highly likely that money and the end of ambition for another season have everything to do with it.

Edited by opinions4u

I recall a similar scenario when Brighton were on a romp towards the title and they came to BP at a similar time of year. 2-0 Latics victory with a thunderbolt free kick by Eyresey being the cherry on the cake. We mullered them.

I'm not saying I fancy we're going to turn them over, but I feel we're due a win and shouldn't just go expecting us to get beat.

And Zamora got sent off too.... Lovely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1803533.stm