Congratulations to Shez and Chesterfield

Congratulations to Shez and all the ex-latics players and staff on their promotion to League 1 next season. Hoping we can get the better of them when we play them. Be great not to be going to Saltergate as well!

Yup. Great achievement.

He even did it by repeating all his old mistakes (Davies, loan players when things are going well etc).

Pleased for the bloke.

The real test comes next season for them now.. Will Shez be able to take them above us like Hill has done with Rochdale? I bloody hope not.

well done but remember the fans wanted him out last year lesson to learn.

Regret wanting him out myself.. but if you look at that season and this season and the way form has changed dramatically, Dickov should be sacked.. Obviously the other factors such as first season etc come into it..

(I still back Paul, just thought i'd mention)

Regret wanting him out myself.. but if you look at that season and this season and the way form has changed dramatically, Dickov should be sacked.. Obviously the other factors such as first season etc come into it..

(I still back Paul, just thought i'd mention)

I think you also need to take into account that Shez probably had a much bigger budget, we also had the luxury of Hughes' goals that season!

The real test comes next season for them now.. Will Shez be able to take them above us like Hill has done with Rochdale? I bloody hope not.

1 win in 16 and only 6 goals scored in those 16 games suggests most teams will be above us next season…..

Edited by oafcprozac

well done but remember the fans wanted him out last year lesson to learn.

Not all of them did though. It's true that fans have hounded most of our recent managers out, but not all the fans wanted it, and a lot of the fans who want to see a manager given a few years have been the same ones hounding the previous ones out because X Y or Z. What can you do?

Not all of them did though. It's true that fans have hounded most of our recent managers out, but not all the fans wanted it, and a lot of the fans who want to see a manager given a few years have been the same ones hounding the previous ones out because X Y or Z. What can you do?

John Sheridan should never have been sacked by Latics, yet another ridiculous error of judgement by our current owners,amongst the many.

He is history. They are history. Couldn't give a monkeys. Well done yes.................. just like any other team that wins promotion.

Not like just any other team that wins promotion though because (history he may be) the bloke is a Latics legend and I would hope we all remember him for what he did whilst he was here and hope he does well in his future career.

One of the good things about being a football fan is that you can look at players/managers you have had in the past and hope they do well. You can also look at players/managers who you dislike from the past and hope they do s***e!!

John Sheridan is a Latics legend. Delighted for him. Hope he continues to do well.... just hope its not as good as us next season.

Sheridan's tenure just felt exhausted by the time he left and it was the correct decision at the time.

So glad he's gone elsewhere and been successful. Don't begrudge it him one bit. He wasn't a prick, he was a guy with a close affinity with the club who worked his way up and gave it his best in his first role as a manager. Gave us a good first season playing some good football which went tits up around February but still managed to stay in the top 6 and get us in the playoffs. An anti-climatic second season but which consisted of a win over Everton in the cup and a Leeds away to end their 18 month unbeaten streak at home. A positive start to the third season which saw us storm to the stop of the league, that gradually got worse and worse and we went into free fall, the football turned dull and we became powder puff. Him leaving was the best move all around. 3 seasons, just didn't manage to get us where we wanted, he got straight back into management and it's worked out great for him. For us, not so much but this young team and manager has potential.

Look forward to next season's encounters against him. (Unless he gets a move to the Championship in the close season.)

Congratulations. Modern Latics legend.

Be good to give him a warm reception and let the bloke know how much he was appreciated. All ended sourly and quickly and after the shift he put in as a player and manager he deserves the decent send off that he'll get.

1 win in 16 and only 6 goals scored in those 16 games suggests most teams will be above us next season…..

Along with 9 points from a possible 48 that is an absolutely abysmal statistic............one thing is certain, if we start next season in a similar vein we will be relegated by Christmas!!!

Shez sacking was the single greatest mistake TTA ever made IMO and this only strengthens that view...

Threw away a whole seasons effort with a real chance of promotion and lost a number of fans in the process.

Edited by oafc0000

Shez sacking was the single greatest mistake TTA ever made IMO and this only strengthens that view...

Threw away a whole seasons effort with a real chance of promotion and lost a number of fans in the process.

Utter nonsense, lets not forget Shez alienated and bombed the man out of Latics who has now scored the goals to get Chesterfield promoted.

utter crap - at the time it was the right decision - TTA backed him to the hilt budget wise and he wasted it on crap, not-needed loanees and the whole season fell apart from jan onwards.

Don't miss the fact that Dave Allen ex-sheff wed chairman is the reason why he is there and he has given shez a massive budget these past 2 seasons, rumoured to be a £2m wage budget.

He has done the job with a load of ex-latics players, which says it all for me - no scouting network/idea of other available players, goes after the ones he knows just like Ronnie and Penney did and look where that has got them.....

won't be banking on chesterfield doing anything more than mid-lower table next season with ratboy and ghost in their team - the only one with any ounce of quality in that team is Davies and he is likely to be off to the championship in the summer if you believe the rumours and the fact he is out of contract.

Appointing Penney was the biggest mistake ever, not sacking Shez.

Edited by shefflatic

I was one of the more vocal people in the "Shez Out" brigade, and still feel that at the time it was right for him to go. He'd done his service, we were treading water under him. He needed to move on, the club needed to move on.

What was a mistake though, was appointing Royle and Dave Penis. We could have progressed as a club after Shez, but made the wrong appointment. Someone like Hill at Dale, or even Mark Robins (Rotherham) would have been a much better appointment, and affordable.

*I await moans of "We wouldnt have wanted Mark Robins, he scored against us in a semi final"*