LATICS OFFER 6 NEW DEALS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting list, think Dickov's got it mostly right. I'm guessing that Smalley will go to Chesterfield but at least we'll get a fee for him. Hopefully Rubes and Morais will sign and I'm sure the other 3 will.

Think Dickov has made a very good call with Reid, he was a big (no pun intended) gamble that simply hasn't worked. Dickov could easily have been stubborn and kept with him so it's positive that he's realised his mistake and cut his losses now. Slightly disappointed that Lewi hasn't got a new deal but not the end of the world, not surprised about the rest.

He was probably on a decent wage but we got him on a free transfer didn't we?

according to the official site we payed an undisclosed fee for him

When Reid has been interviewed he seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder and thought he was much better than he was. When Gordon said that he looked like an old fashioned centre forward when he headed in a goal soon after he signed, he replied "No thats not me, I don't like heading the ball and I had my eyes shut when I scored". Now thats the kind of striker we don't want, a professional player should be willing to head the goal post in an attempt to score. I'm therefore very glad that the option has not been taken up.

Lewi has been unlucky and was worth another 12 months for me.

Why we haven't given Feeney a free transfer I don't know.

I agree with majority of it.

I would have liked Lewi to stay. I don't think Smalley will. I can imagine Brill going. Maybe been offered a lower wage? I can also see Black turning us down.

Black's an Oldham fan isn't he? I hope he stays because him and evina will be another good battle for left back again

Black's an Oldham fan isn't he? I hope he stays because him and evina will be another good battle for left back again

his dad is also an agent and ive heard he wants oldham to be a springboard for greater things...

When Reid has been interviewed he seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder and thought he was much better than he was. When Gordon said that he looked like an old fashioned centre forward when he headed in a goal soon after he signed, he replied "No thats not me, I don't like heading the ball and I had my eyes shut when I scored". Now thats the kind of striker we don't want, a professional player should be willing to head the goal post in an attempt to score. I'm therefore very glad that the option has not been taken up.

Lewi has been unlucky and was worth another 12 months for me.

Why we haven't given Feeney a free transfer I don't know.

He might have just been taking the piss out of Gordon; either way it's not on!

You can't just give Feeney a free if he's got another 12 months left; you'd have to pay him up

I agree with majority of it.

I would have liked Lewi to stay. I don't think Smalley will. I can imagine Brill going. Maybe been offered a lower wage? I can also see Black turning us down.

I think Brill is playing for Fulham tonight!!

B)

it might just be me but I don't understand the hype about Lewi, yes he looked promising when he came through and he has had a couple of decent games since like a hat-trick against Scunthorpe but that was nearly 3 years ago and I don't think he'll really be missed, just another player who never fulfilled his potential for us

Can't argue with the list of released players really. I think with Alessandra, everything indicates something extra curricular isn't right with the boy, given three managers have dropped him down the pecking order when his performances on the pitch perhaps didn't really reflect that. But, if it's a training issue then it's probably for the best.

I think we'd better get used to full clearouts at the end of seasons, and hoover up potential at other clubs with youth players getting released from top flight clubs and the like. In a way it's a return to how we used to do things when Royle was in charge during the 80's who certainly had an eye for talent. I think I'd prefer it like this, than the Penney way in which he signed has-beens and non-even-beens who simply wanted to freewheel through another year long contract. I'd like the message to incoming players to be "this is your last chance saloon in the pro game. If you don't make it here, yer :censored:ed. Should at least get the desire and will to win then.

Pretty happy with the lists. Assuming all the ones offered sign their deals; I'll be more than happy with that.

Of the bye-bye list; all fine for me. I think it was pretty obvious that Lewis Alice wasnt going to b offered a new deal; being recently overlooked in favour of 2 17 year olds in Carl Winchester & Ryan Burns said it all to me. Disappointing as he certainly has 'something'; but if 4 managers all select then drop him; there's evidently something amiss isnt there? Be interesting to see where he now ends up? Local in League 2 (Macc, Morecombe etc) or will it be lower than that??

For me; Brill should be added to the see-ya list; as I've posted elsewhere; I think we can do better out there & he is reported t be a high earner; but we'll see eh?

Morais said to me at HT Vs Charlton that if the club decided to take up the option of the new deal for him; he'd sign it as he's really happy here so I expect him to sign. Black is a Oldham lad & Oldham fan so I expect him to re-sign. I hope Reuben signs on again; not sure about Cedric Evina - both whether I'd want him to sign on or whether I think he will; time will tell on that one. I think the Smalley deal is good business; as we'll now be entitled to compensation if he leaves for Chesterfield or elsewhere.

Finally; good luck to all the released players in getting fixed up; somewhere, anywhere. Not nice to loose your job and income & face an uncertain future - all the best to them all.

Reid wasn't great whilst he was here. Not criticising Dickov's choice to renew his deal, but I really can see him going somewhere else and banging them in.

Yeah but you thought Pav was a decent striker :wink:

I dont understand Reid's popularity amongst many on here, I thought he was a big fat lazy donkey who looked no better than what is available in local Sunday leagues. Far too heavy and didn't want it enough!

I dont understand Reid's popularity amongst many on here, I thought he was a big fat lazy donkey who looked no better than what is available in local Sunday leagues. Far too heavy and didn't want it enough!

One thing i'll back Reid up for, is wanting the ball, amount of times when Brill had the ball and Reid was constantly screaming for him to throw the ball out to him was unbelieveable (not that Brill chose that option, preferred to lump it up to Feeney obviously or out wide to the wings) and Reid was looking for the ball in space, just a shame he didnt do much with it when he got it!

i think he won a lot of people over on his debute,when he scored...but on reflection my gran could of scored that night...since then looked lazy and overweight....and never gonna be a 20 goal a season that we need...

cant argue with the list..lewis was lucky to stay here the last 12 months imo...not sure about hazell...sometimes he looks class other times he looks lazy and half hearted...

im sure dickov will get it right given time...think he will have lowe back again next season but would like us to sign 1 or 2 experienced not at end of there carears players for that bit of talking and know how...

is it just me that thinks loew has been nothing more than average?

Thought he was very poor on sat along with Furman. Has been no better than Stephens, I would say worse regards his passing and forward thinking, although Dale has his sideways and backward passing critics.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2086135,00.html

that article dosnt indcate anything like that. just says two year contract.

Bloody hell, just read that article - if only he lived up to the hype eh?

I think we've definitely not seen the best of him but can't argue with the decision to let him go, he's not done enough this year.

Im pretty sure any fee paid to west brom for reid was just to cover the admin and transfer of player registration ect.

I think this is probably the scenario, as when we signed him it was originally reported by the OS as a free transfer - then the undisclosed fee added as an afterthought.

No problems with the list of released players, no one on there we should be desperate to keep.

I personally would add Hazell and Brill to that list, who I think are both out of contract this summer.

A real shame we are stuck with Feeney for another year, he'll be a decent earner and his contribution is negligable..